Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1017492_10151561668907344_1276310049_n.jpg

Bout ****ing time.

Cool. But did they improve anything shown there?

Edit: I'm only talking about Spiderman.

This is what they say....

Amid fans’ anticipation, some awesome Hot Toys collectibles are coming real soon! !

...but then it shoots itself in the foot by saying...

Fans can expect to get their hands on Tony Stark (Mark XLII Autonomous Prehensile Propulsion Suit Test Version), PPS Mark XLII Collectible and Iron Patriot Collectible Bust from Iron Man 3, 1/4th scale Batman from The Dark Knight Rises, Ada Wong from Resident Evil 4, and Spider-man from The Amazing Spider-Man in the near future! Lastly, a big thank you to our fans for the continuous support and patience

...which, let's face it, could still mean anything.

This is what they say....

...but then it shoots itself in the foot by saying...

...which, let's face it, could still mean anything.

If history is any thing to go by these releases will carry us in to the next 2 and half months , September and October and then the usual month delay for each release. Funny I thought the would bring out the terminator T2 BD before Tony, but then this really is not set in stone as they released Storm shadow and he was not featured in the promo pic and they just released Scar Predator and he is not part of this line up.

At least this gives us a good idea of what to expect

Box looks rubbish but no matter to me, can't tell if they've improved anything from my phone...anyone see anything?

Yes! I just saw this on their facebook and did a fist pump like a ******, haha. So excited!

As for if they've made any changes, the red part of the lower abdomen seems to go further down than it did in the prototypes...which is what people wanted. Is it just me? It looks like it's been improved.

And about the box...I don't seem to be bothered by it. I don't really care much for boxes, though I do keep boxes for my high end figures. I rarely display the boxes, though. They usually go in storage. It looks alright for someone like me.

AmazingSpiderman_zpsd1a81469.jpg

Is there some strange change to his neck line? As for the central chest-column, it does seem to travel further down his body but who can really tell from this picture?

We need a bigger, cleaner hi-res picture.

Yes! I just saw this on their facebook and did a fist pump like a ******, haha. So excited!

As for if they've made any changes, the red part of the lower abdomen seems to go further down than it did in the prototypes...which is what people wanted. Is it just me? It looks like it's been improved.

I think you're right. It appears that the waist seam isn't that noticeable either.

Pics are too blur too tell if they fixed the seams but I hope they did!

And I do hope they learnt that red plastic is BAD......

Last edited:
How durable do you guys think the material will be? Can I let my niece play with this? Can I sleep with it? Can I throw it down a flight of stairs?

Really though, do you guys think this material will be crap, or do you think it'll hold up well? Isn't it said that the Spider-Man 3 figures are best being touched, like, once (when you take them out of the box) and then never again, due to the material being about as durable as 100 year old paper?

Back