Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it looks like they fixed all the problems with the proto.

...I meant to say they fixed none of the problems with the proto.
:lol

Dunno after this long wait, the Medi looks better still.
Yeah, disappointing. After such a long delay, it looks exactly like the prototype. Which is to say, a piss-poor representation of the suit in the film.

I'm kinda shocked to see this. I've never seen members complain about delays, then freak out about one small picture that is barely visible when it finally does get ready for release.

Hmmm...

I guess there no chance of anyone changing their mind and liking this god aweful figure once its in hand either.

Oh well.

gifs_Ace_Ventura_dancing.gif

Doesn't matter what they fix.
The figure can be perfect but 90% will wait for the next one.

I'm kinda shocked to see this. I've never seen members complain about delays, then freak out about one small picture that is barely visible when it finally does get ready for release.

Hmmm...

I guess there no chance of anyone changing their mind and liking this god aweful figure once its in hand either.

Oh well.

To me, there is nothing to change my mind over. It's very simple. I have always wanted this figure. I always wanted to order it, I was just waiting a while to clear some funds. I have every faith that it will look 'Amazing' - Ha! see what I did there? Oh please yourselves - when it arrives.

Let's not make any mistakes here, I really like it the design of the suit and I think that for the most part HT have done OK with it, but I am not some sheep that will claim that it's perfect because I know that this will never happen, no matter the price or franchise. It's a 1:6 scale figure and those will always have something that is off to someone.

No idea where this came from but someone posted it on the HT FB page.

1184968_10201478430149918_945424233_n.jpg

1148933_10201478427469851_1068744983_n.jpg

Those are my photoshops from a while back. They came from this very thread long ago.

From the new pic, it looks like absolutely nothing has changed in the past year. None of those changes were made. The first proto remains superior to the second proto and also to the final product. Why did they screw it up?

Last edited:
What's the point of collecting figures if all you're gonna do is complain? At least the figure is coming out. And honestly, it doesn't look bad. I mean, it really, really doesn't.

What's the point of collecting figures if all you're gonna do is complain? At least the figure is coming out. And honestly, it doesn't look bad. I mean, it really, really doesn't.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Still this response will draw out the "For this price, we expect perfection" brigade, in the full knowledge that it's an over priced toy and mass produced at that, so there are things that are always going to be wrong on them.

The '89 Joker is brilliant but has 'hat hair' and a badly designed fat-suit.
The '89 Batman is brilliant, but his cape is a major pain in the parts, and his belt is the wrong colour.
Avengers Loki is brilliant but his head is out of scale and the helmet...well there's a prize if you can put it on and take it off without snapping the tabs.*
Iron Man is brilliant, but do I need to mention the pink undies?
Reeve Superman is brilliant but his boots don't quite go up far enough and his cape is not quite full enough.
The recent Amy Pond figure (from Dr. Who) had a revised face sculpt that looked nothing like Karen Gillan, rather, someone Quincy had just finished examining.

Do I need to go on? This is always going to happen on 1:6 scale figures, or figures of any kind actually. Sometimes things that are really obviously wrong, like Spidey's central red column, will be missed and probably never put right.

It happens.

Hmmm...

Oh well.

Really? It happens on every single figure release. :lol

Back