Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want it to be released. A little semi-circle doesn't matter to me. :dunno:

Agreed.

Nitpicking really is the hobby within the hobby. All this angst over one small pic.:slap

I just want this figure to finally come out so I can stop being tempted by the wrinkly-everything, so-so Medicom version.:lol

Last edited:
Anybody here knows what the suit is made of? is it nylon (like Superman, and I believe the Maguire Spidey), or rubber like Black Widow?

I have been coming to this forum for years. it is always the same. Collectors freak out over a picture and cancel. Then good pictures come out and they scramble to buy the figure. This one will be available for awhile, but on other figures, it is sold out and they have to pay higher prices. There is a lot that goes into making a good photo. I will wait for OMG's photos before making a conclusion

Not always. We do get turds from time to time. I'm still holding a positive vibe for this one though. That pic looks awfully like the proto.

Not always. We do get turds from time to time. I'm still holding a positive vibe for this one though. That pic looks awfully like the proto.

:goodpost:

Right on. We need to see wayyy more of this figure to have any kind of idea of how he came out.

A tiny promo pic next to his confirmed crappy box design is not the stuff which true judgments can be made.

Based on the way HT has been hitting everything out of the park lately, I'm not worried. Can not wait to see OMG's photos of this !

So nobody is answering my question: what is the suit made of? will it be easily posable (without fearing tearing the suit)?

Why is there so much hate at the box? :lol

Dunno....? :dunno

2500826-i_like_it.jpg

Personally I like it a lot more than any of the Avengers boxes, which I personally thought were pretty lame considering the magnitude of the movie and how many figures they probably sold. But that's just me. It really doesn't matter one bit, because I don't display the boxes, they stay in the shippers in storage.

I'm not sure anyone knows what the suit will be made of exactly, but they would be crazy not to make a Spidey figure that's extremely poseable.

Yeah, I don't know what the suit is made out of, but I hope it's strong enough to accommodate for dynamic poses.

It looks like it'd be a durable material, more so than the Spider-Man 3 figures. But I guess none of us will know until we have it in hand and get a literal feel for it. I don't want it to be the type of material that falls apart if you breathe too hard on it.

So nobody is answering my question: what is the suit made of? will it be easily posable (without fearing tearing the suit)?
From what OMG said waaaay early on in this thread, it's screen printed spandex or something similar
except the neck is different from the proto and more like the teaser...

(see below)
As long as the neck is like this...

*proto pic*

And not a sewn turtle neck like this...

*teaser pic*

Then i'm happy. I don't care about the semi-circle at the end of the torso red.

Looks like the sewn in turtle neck in the "coming soon pic" :panic:

picture.php

How is anyone supposed to know what the suit is made of for sure? Honestly

well its kinda what theyve been doing for the last few figures as well as the upcoming man of steel so its more than likely, of course still speculation..

This fig was a must but its taken so long to come I feel like just waiting another couple years for an ASM 2 costume (the bigger eyes are better looking)

Back