Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am new to hot toys, do you think I will get more bang for my money on the black spiderman or this new one?
If you are going purely on "more bang for your money", then I think it's pretty simple. For $5 more, you get a cool Sandman base & aerial display stand. You might even be able to find Black Spidey for cheaper than retail, since it's been sitting around 'in stock' at places.

I think Black Spidey wins "more bang for your money", as these pics show.

901382-spider-man-black-suit-version-015.jpg
901891-the-amazing-spider-man-016.jpg

But if you asked me a different question, like "which figure do you want more?", I think I'd go with the Amazing Spidey figure :D

Yeah.. I'm kinda sorry I didn't get the Black Toby Spidey now.

I could've gotten it for a great price about 6 months ago via a local e-Tailer sale. Too late now..

My consolation though - is as Web_Head said; the new series delves into the symbiote story.

Hopefully they do.. :pray:

I'd like to see them do the symbiote story, too. But, I won't be at all upset if they don't. There's so much history with Spider-Man and there are so many different stories they can tell.

All depends on what you like, man. I think both of the Spider-Man 3 Spideys look a little fat; they've got this round, chubby gut thing going on. I also despise Raimi's Spider-Man films, and would never buy one of those Hot Toys. What's more, I've heard from many a reviewer that the Spider-Man 3 costumes are painfully delicate and do not hold up well.

As far as costume materials are concerned, of course, we don't know what this one will be like. But Andrew Garfield IS Peter Parker to me. I love this movie and this costume. But I think that with figures, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like Spider-Man 3/Tobey Maguire, then go for it. Either way, Hot Toys are expensive, so you gotta make sure that you spend some time thinking about which ones you want to spend money on.

If you're a comics fan, then maybe you aren't totally satisfied with the symbiote suit in Spider-Man 3. Marc Webb, director of the current series, apparently said once that he'd like to do Venom justice. So, I suppose there's a shred of hope that we'll see another take on the symbiote storyline, which means possibilities for another symbiote suit Spider-Man figure from Hot Toys. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. If you like the look of the Spider-Man 3 one, go with that. But I don't think either figure will give you more bang for your buck, it's just depending on what you like.

And this is my first Hot Toy, too.

thanks for the suggestion, I didn't hate spider man 3, but didn't liked it either. Now the garfield movie I did like. The problem I guess is the lack of content on the garfield figure is kinda turning me off.

It's a trade off I uges, either go with the iconic red and blue suit and get little accesories or go with black wit a lot of accessories.
tough decision..

have you guys seen the venom live action short that just came out this summer? though, again--as was the case with SM3--they dont nail the casting of brock, but it's much better handled than in raimi's flick. the story is that this small french documentary crew comes to NY to get the true story behind Brock's career scandal and... well i wont get into more thsn that. anyway, it's by the guy that did that Punisher live action short with thomas jane. last year.

Yeah.. I'm kinda sorry I didn't get the Black Toby Spidey now.

I could've gotten it for a great price about 6 months ago via a local e-Tailer sale. Too late now..

My consolation though - is as Web_Head said; the new series delves into the symbiote story.

Hopefully they do.. :pray:

yeah of course the choice is really dependent on which series you prefer. personally, i'm all about the new amazing spidey series over the raimi version. and i think garfield is the spider-man for my taste, much more than maguire was. but in fairness to the older movies, they were really more based on the earlier spider-man from the 60-70s whereas the webb version is closer to the one i grew up with.
i dont have any of the raimi HT series but will definitely be getting the amazing spidey fig. and as for the value of the release itself, i much prefer a spot on parker sculpt to that sandman statue and look forward to bashing a peter parker--which i think should be able to be done fairly cheaply. anyway, my couple cents....

thanks for the suggestion, I didn't hate spider man 3, but didn't liked it either. Now the garfield movie I did like. The problem I guess is the lack of content on the garfield figure is kinda turning me off.

It's a trade off I uges, either go with the iconic red and blue suit and get little accesories or go with black wit a lot of accessories.
tough decision..

Hot Toys should just scratch this and release ASM 2 version instead. Maybe for once they could come out with a property as it's hitting theaters, plus the ASM 2 costume is far more interesting than this one. ASM 2 is only 8 months away now.

Hot Toys should just scratch this and release ASM 2 version instead. Maybe for once they could come out with a property as it's hitting theaters, plus the ASM 2 costume is far more interesting than this one. ASM 2 is only 8 months away now.

How is this silly idea still even being touted around?

I have already made Flex payments on this as have hundreds of others no doubt, not to mention the hundreds of others that have this on regular PO. Spiderman (along with Batman and Superman) are like a licence to print money. The backlash of lost sales from the fans to SSC (plus the whole host of etrading third party sellers), and then SSC to HOT TOYS would be enormous!

This is just never going to happen folks. Never. No, not ever. They have already spent too much on R&D, licencing 1:6 scale figure rights as well as the likeness rights.

Back