Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely this guy must be the next release...
Qud8nvkO.gif

Hot Toys should just scratch this and release ASM 2 version instead. Maybe for once they could come out with a property as it's hitting theaters, plus the ASM 2 costume is far more interesting than this one. ASM 2 is only 8 months away now.

Can the mods just add in some sort of auto-posting feature that posts this about every 2-3 pages in this thread? Thanks. :slap

I'm so sick of those posts too! This is a different suit...they should release every suit spiderman wears..he's an iconic character and nothing should be skipped.

So you are saying that because you've already been duped into putting money into this, you're just going to have to live with it? I'm not going to feel sorry for you when they show the new one in May, this figure will probably just be getting into your hands by then :)

nah i definitely want this one released. think it was a cool first suit for spidey and i like it--in some ways maybe even more than the ASM2 suit. well, at least i think it could have continued down a possibly new and interesting path rather than going back to essentially the raimi-era suit with more comic accurate eyes.

Hot Toys should just scratch this and release ASM 2 version instead. Maybe for once they could come out with a property as it's hitting theaters, plus the ASM 2 costume is far more interesting than this one. ASM 2 is only 8 months away now.

So you are saying that because you've already been duped into putting money into this, you're just going to have to live with it? I'm not going to feel sorry for you when they show the new one in May, this figure will probably just be getting into your hands by then :)

LOL.....duped.

It's not uncommon to have twelve different Iron Man figures, why do people seem to think that with Spidey you have to have one or the other?

Besides, ASM2 Spidey won't be out until 2016 at the rate they're going with ASM1 Spidey.

for anyone whos going to pre order this, the code summerend expires today, and it does work on this pre order.

Sorry who has been duped?

I POed this because, as a Spidey fan, I want it for its different look. I knew it would badly delayed because the vast majority of my HTs have been....seriously so, but I know it's coming one way or another because HT are not a company to miss making some money on a sure sale figure.

But if you think that - regardless of their appearing in May of next year or even September of this year for that matter - the ASM-II figure is actually coming as a live PO in May...sorry, who is it that's being duped again?

Ah, the innocence of children.

Last edited:
It would be cool if Hot Toys would get their **** together and release a perfect ASM2 Spidey when the movie itself is released. I mean, if Hasbro can get images to make the figures, and release them on time, why can Hot Toys?

Back