Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't decide if I should get this or not. I much prefer the look of ASM2 suit but that wont be out for a couple years at least and I have a bunch of rewards points burning a hole on my pocket...

I can't decide if I should get this or not. I much prefer the look of ASM2 suit but that wont be out for a couple years at least and I have a bunch of rewards points burning a hole on my pocket...

Do you have the HT SM3 versions? If so, I say this is a must. (If you've already started with other Spider-Men, you've got to let that completist in you take over! :lol

I had it but let it go because of the new films. I don't have any completist in me, my bank/gf won't allow it lol

Hmmmm....If you got rid of the SM3 suit, then I say hold off for the ASM2 suit. My rationale sounds weird I'm sure, but the HT SM3 piece was pretty awesome and honestly, I don't see this release topping that one BUT I think it'll hold its own because it's so unique. But it won't be one of those 'definitive' pieces, IMO. I still want it though, but I think you see what I'm getting at.

Hmmmm....If you got rid of the SM3 suit, then I say hold off for the ASM2 suit. My rationale sounds weird I'm sure, but the HT SM3 piece was pretty awesome and honestly, I don't see this release topping that one BUT I think it'll hold its own because it's so unique. But it won't be one of those 'definitive' pieces, IMO. I still want it though, but I think you see what I'm getting at.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I think the ASM2 suit will be the best and definitive version to have a on a shelf. I just don't know if I want to wait till then to have a Spidey next to Wolverine and Hulk...

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I think the ASM2 suit will be the best and definitive version to have a on a shelf. I just don't know if I want to wait till then to have a Spidey next to Wolverine and Hulk...

Ah. I see. Well, heck, buy this one and sell it when the ASM2 suit comes out, which I'm sure won't be for years. And given the track record of HTs, the value will only increase by then so you won't be out anything (theoretically.)

I'm really not planning on loving it. As long as there aren't major flaws in design or execution, I think I'll get it as a placeholder until ASM2 comes out. With my points it'll only cost me like $100...

Ah. I see. Well, heck, buy this one and sell it when the ASM2 suit comes out, which I'm sure won't be for years. And given the track record of HTs, the value will only increase by then so you won't be out anything (theoretically.)

That's what I'm thinking. Plus, with SM3 and ASM2 having very similar suits, this one may retain its value better since its more unique.

My Flex Pay schedule got changed and pushed to October 15th. Delayed another month. :gah::gah::gah: Really??? :impatient:

Back