Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading through this latest batch of posts, I'm starting to wonder if some people even saw The Amazing Spider-Man. Peter was not emo, at all in this film. The closest to emo Peter has ever been on screen is during Spider-Man 3, when he comes back from "killing" Marko. Peter wasn't a ******, either. That one puzzles me the most, since he wasn't what I consider to be a ****** at all.

I really dont get that. Everytime I ask sombody about it they never give me a straight answer. Just hoping on the New spiderman is a ****** and is emo bandwagon without giving info as to why.:dunno

I really dont get that. Everytime I ask sombody about it they never give me a straight answer. Just hoping on the New spiderman is a ****** and is emo bandwagon without giving info as to why.:dunno

For me, he is simply didn't fit the mold of a nerd
Too good looking, smart,and in shape, not likely someone who would live the struggles of a true nerd
I liked the movie, but I feel that he wasn't classic spidey, just like the costume

Stereotypical nerd, yes.

Life isn't so black and white. Some of the most beautiful people in the world suffer shyness, anxiety, depression, and any number of other personality traits that form their inner person.

Too good looking, smart,and in shape, not likely someone who would live the struggles of a true nerd
I liked the movie, but I feel that he wasn't classic spidey, just like the costume

Even though Parker was always a nerd in the comic series, he was always portrayed as a good looking, smart and in shape teen. I've been reading and collecting Spider-Man since the 90's and still do so till this day (Superior Spider-Man) and that's how I always viewed him.

Andrew Garfield was a perfect Spider-Man, that's my opinion :)

I have one spidey 1/6 figure; black suite spidey and he's posed balancing himself on top of the sandman's arm getting ready to jump off and fight the new goblin, IMO 1/6 captures Spidey just perfect; I'm not a big fan of statues if there's a 1/6 counterpart, i'd rather come up with an awesome Pose or change it from time to time than let someone else do it for me, thats part of the fun with owning these...

picsay-1378581105_zps32c39809.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's a top notch display! :hi5:

Peter was always a good looking kid but he was frail and shy. Most people look good but are shy and awkward and that leads to being an outcast. Peter suffered from being antisocial with people and grew out of it one he hit college. He always got all the women.

I have a hard time believing you've read the Amazing Spider-Man comics. You seem to know nothing about what Peter is actually like. Are you one of those "fans" who have only watched Raimi's films, and have no other exposure to the character? Because that's what it's coming off as.

You know nothing about spiderman, bow your head in shame and leave

I have a hard time believing you've read the Amazing Spider-Man comics. You seem to know nothing about what Peter is actually like. Are you one of those "fans" who have only watched Raimi's films, and have no other exposure to the character? Because that's what it's coming off as.
I have asm 300-380ish, lacking some here and there, also have a ton of the McFarlane reboot/run
And from what I remember, he'd out in an apt with mj, nothing about his high school days
You know nothing about spiderman, bow your head in shame and leave

For my opinion?
These boards are worse than the ones I come from, didn't think it was possible

Sorry man. Didn't mean to come off as rude but you see alot of so called "fans" always bash the series and act like they know about Spider-Man when all they did was gain knowledge from the raimi movies and they never shut up about them . We get trolled in spidey threads all the time so we get real defensive. Yea I agree most things in the movie weren't the best but it wasn't batman and robin 2.0 like most people put on. Sorry bro.

Sorry man. Didn't mean to come off as rude but you see alot of so called "fans" always bash the series and act like the know about Spider-Man when all they did was gain knowledge from the movie . We get trolled in spidey threads all the time so we get real defensive. Yea I agree most things in the movie weren't the best but it wasn't batman and robin 2.0 like most people put on. Sorry bro.

Thanks!
Maybe I came across wrong too, I liked the movie, enough to drop $200 on this fig!
Even with the new spin on Parker, I think it rivals the McGuire run
Sorry if I came off as a troll, no such intentions

Nah man it's cool. It's that we hear it all the time on the Spider-Man threads lol. It's your opnion though and that's fine . Most people just ramble.

Back