Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't emo mean long flopy hair that covers an eye. Nose piercings or one of those discs in his earlope and dressing in dark clothes and possibly eye shadow?

I was thinking more along the lines of being melodramatic, possibly depressed, etc

I have one spidey 1/6 figure; black suite spidey and he's posed balancing himself on top of the sandman's arm getting ready to jump off and fight the new goblin, IMO 1/6 captures Spidey just perfect; I'm not a big fan of statues if there's a 1/6 counterpart, i'd rather come up with an awesome Pose or change it from time to time than let someone else do it for me, thats part of the fun with owning these...

picsay-1378581105_zps32c39809.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Very nice. Most pictures I've seen of Spidey have lacked personality but you setup looks very good.

This is getting embarrassing

They should be, but I get the feeling that Hot Toys isn't too embarrassed by the boatload of money they've made off of Iron Man and Avengers figures in the last year, rather than releasing THIS. ONE. FIGURE.:mad:
:slap

:lol

hold up.

I have to disagree with you here, Peter Parker was a nerd in Maguire movies sure, but that was back in 2002. Fast forward to 2012 and you have Andrew Garfield as Peter, now if you look at kids these days, that's what the geeky kids behave with their iPods and techy stuff. Also Raimi's Peter was hardly a genius, probably a smart kid but not a talented wiz, that was the vibe I can get from Andrew's Peter

also

New Peter is not "emo" and that word should not be thrown around to describe any part of the Amazing Spider-Man. Peter was depressed his uncle died (who wouldn't be?) but he has his chin up and fell in love and became Spider-Man and became a responsible character, he didn't beat himself up and that I think is the definition of emo. Peter Parker if anything is just an outcast if anything and that is what comic Peter really is, an outcast. Especially in the Ultimate-verse

fyi this is ultimate Peter

detail.jpg

Exactly! :exactly::exactly:

And guys, i have a feeling the delay is going to be worth it!

Last edited:
Saw this bumped up and had hoped to see a pic sneaking in from overseas. I'm really shocked this thing is still stalling.

hold up.

I have to disagree with you here, Peter Parker was a nerd in Maguire movies sure, but that was back in 2002. Fast forward to 2012 and you have Andrew Garfield as Peter, now if you look at kids these days, that's what the geeky kids behave with their iPods and techy stuff. Also Raimi's Peter was hardly a genius, probably a smart kid but not a talented wiz, that was the vibe I can get from Andrew's Peter

also

New Peter is not "emo" and that word should not be thrown around to describe any part of the Amazing Spider-Man. Peter was depressed his uncle died (who wouldn't be?) but he has his chin up and fell in love and became Spider-Man and became a responsible character, he didn't beat himself up and that I think is the definition of emo. Peter Parker if anything is just an outcast if anything and that is what comic Peter really is, an outcast. Especially in the Ultimate-verse

fyi this is ultimate Peter

detail.jpg

Maybe emo is the wrong word. Angsty might be more accurate. It made it hard to root for Peter and connect to the character, but that might just be me. I agree with the "tech" nerd your describing, I think that is probably the best way to put it, but there are still nerds out there that clearly fit the Maguire version, its not like that style of nerd just went extinct and is irrelevant, so that's why I have a hard time with the new Spiderman. I didn't hate Garfield's portrayal, but it isn't the Spiderman I grew up with, nor is it one i'm particularly interested in considering there is a more accurate and endearing version out there with Maguire (Again, my opinion. I know people don't agree with this)

Maybe emo is the wrong word. Angsty might be more accurate. It made it hard to root for Peter and connect to the character, but that might just be me. I agree with the "tech" nerd your describing, I think that is probably the best way to put it, but there are still nerds out there that clearly fit the Maguire version, its not like that style of nerd just went extinct and is irrelevant, so that's why I have a hard time with the new Spiderman. I didn't hate Garfield's portrayal, but it isn't the Spiderman I grew up with, nor is it one i'm particularly interested in considering there is a more accurate and endearing version out there with Maguire (Again, my opinion. I know people don't agree with this)

Agree with this, did Garfield even smile in the film? He looked too worried about being a forever aloner

But, the figure looks awesome and I love the new take on the suit

I've had mine for almost a year and haven't yet taken him out of the box....but we're building my display shelves this weekend (starting on it at least) so soon....very soon...

Awesome! Share some pics when it's complete :)

IMO the head sculpt is fantastic, accessories are awesome and the base is top notch. Such a great figure!

Reading through this latest batch of posts, I'm starting to wonder if some people even saw The Amazing Spider-Man. Peter was not emo, at all in this film. The closest to emo Peter has ever been on screen is during Spider-Man 3, when he comes back from "killing" Marko. Peter wasn't a ******, either. That one puzzles me the most, since he wasn't what I consider to be a ****** at all.

The only problem I have with the film is the scene where Peter is arguing with the ****** at the cash register over 2¢. It just seemed so petty to me, and any decent person would have just let Peter take the damn milk or whatever it was if it was just 2 cents.

Back