Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, don't like the suit from this movie. The suit from ASM2, though, looks pretty bang on back to the comics I remember as a kid, from what I've seen.

I think this will sell out the suit might not be the most popular but the sculpt looks to be a very good likeness

I think that it is for that very reason that will help this figure, once sold out (and it will sell out), it will make people scramble to find ones at a reasonable price ie; not too far above retail.

Last edited:
Just think, someday when there's six of these movies (sinister 6) This figure/suit will be the lone gunman. And probably highly sought after. The ASM2 suit does indeed look baddass, but this is different and unique in a good way and a nice departure.

Like this pose.

153128u4dzajj7d844k4j0.jpg

No matter how long it has taken so far, I still have lost absolutely no interest in this figure. BRING IT ON HOT TOYS!!!!!

think garfield is the perfect spidey. much more to my liking than mcguirre and also i prefer ASM to the raimi movies--though i did like the first two(the third was not to my liking at all).
i also really dug the beginner suit in ASM, thought it was brave of them to do something like that and i felt they pulled it off well. looking forward to the fig release and havent PO'd it yet: think i might actually bite the bullet and buy it from HK when it releases. which is silly but whatever.
and i'm excited to build a parker bash--which i havent started at all except for the slim body. i hope you guys are right and this is released in the next couple weeks in HK. that would be great news.

as a side note: have you guys seen the venom short film that just came out by the same director who did that punisher short film last year with thomas jane back in the skull? it was pretty enjoyable. like the angle they took--though i feel that the casting for brock wasnt necessarily the right physical type but still, the piece works.
[ame]https://youtu.be/7YDYL6oECjU[/ame]

Just think, someday when there's six of these movies (sinister 6) This figure/suit will be the lone gunman. And probably highly sought after. The ASM2 suit does indeed look baddass, but this is different and unique in a good way and a nice departure.

LOL, if they make it to six movies, then Hot Toys will have released six different Spider-Man figures....with no villains. :slap

Was better Brock than the rami version, really sold himself being psycho

Ok...the SS site will not let me order this. I preordered the Tony Stark figure today no problem, but each time I go into the page for this figure, it automatically corrects the delivery country to the US.

WHAT THE F?!?
hh9aGWO.gif

Ring them.

____

this suit reminds me of the iron Man MK 1.

Both characters build them out of materials that are available to them and easy to assemble.

Pete used the material because of it's ahthletic and wind resistant properties. Makes a webshooter out of a watch, make the lens for the eyes out of sunglasses

yeah. much better. in the first, you can tell that the guys making this actually like the venom character. something which raimi, himself, said he didnt early on when asked if he would bring venom into his movie world. so i was pretty shocked and ready for a letdown when it got out that he was doing the venom story in the third movie. and true to his word, he didnt seem to have much understanding of the character, venom didnt even look like venom and brock... well, i'll just leave that alone.
comparatively, these guys had no $ and yet they managed to get the look of venom much closer to how i imagine it. and the grittyness/lowbudget look of the piece honestly makes it much scarier to me than anything in spidey 3.
and though i dont think kwanten is physically right for brock, he does have qualities that are interesting for the character. also it isnt all bad that he goes from a smaller guy to this hulking black mass upon transformation.

Was better Brock than the rami version, really sold himself being psycho

yeah. much better. in the first, you can tell that the guys making this actually like the venom character. something which raimi, himself, said he didnt early on when asked if he would bring venom into his movie world. so i was pretty shocked and ready for a letdown when it got out that he was doing the venom story in the third movie. and true to his word, he didnt seem to have much understanding of the character, venom didnt even look like venom and brock... well, i'll just leave that alone.
comparatively, these guys had no $ and yet they managed to get the look of venom much closer to how i imagine it. and the grittyness/lowbudget look of the piece honestly makes it much scarier to me than anything in spidey 3.
and though i dont think kwanten is physically right for brock, he does have qualities that are interesting for the character. also it isnt all bad that he goes from a smaller guy to this hulking black mass upon transformation.
being a guy that has lifted weights for the last 20 years, I was about to ***** about how easy it was for Brock to incline press 315, especially with his build
Then I realized he had the symbiot with him

haha yeah thats true. imagine if you just saw some fairly small guy just throw it up like that... i'd probably start backing away slowly.

Ok...the SS site will not let me order this.
For some reason, I don't think this is available to some countries to pre order. I think it was the same for me when I tried to order this months ago, so I pre ordered from BBTS.

can't wait for this guy, Is there a generic stand where we can put him in a pose that he looks like he is in the air. I am thinking of getting a sandman base but I don't want to spend another $50 for that.

Someone who's in HK is saying Ada Wong is coming out next week.

Meaning you won't be seeing the wall crawler for another 2 months at the minimum! Weep those manly tears.

Back