Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll give it 4 months after release.

I'd love to think that it would sell out in 4 months! :) But even being the most optimistic Spidey fan, I'd still say it would be like some of the Avengers figures...a nice slow burn, even sales for close to a year and, then after a year the remaining available pieces will begin to dwindle and vanish. During which time, the tease and PO for ASM-II figure will go live. After a total of about 18 months, the ASM-I figure will be a sell out everywhere.

Which then leaves a nice 6 month window of building enthusiasm for the ASM-II movie and subsequent release of ASM-II figure(s).

Maybe, maybe not. It's not like they always make the same # of each figure. They certainly seem to like leaving a lot of money on the table with some figures that sell out quickly (why not make more?). It would be different if each piece were marked (ie. #1 of 2500).

They know how many are up for PO, if they want it to sell out, they just don't make as many.

They'll sell out sooner or later. Some of their best figures hung around for a long time before selling out.

You used to have to pre-order as you coudldn't get them at retail, then they hung around forever and currently some sell out and most hang around time enough the get them.

Considering its arguably the most popular comic character ever, despite the horrid films I'd be in shock of HT ran a low ES on any Spidey release. Guess we'll see :huh

Just got done watching ASM with my daughter, and as much as I would love to have this figure, I'm just afraid the piece wouldn't be able to achieve the really dynamic posing that we all attribute to Spidey. As much as it pains me, I really think Spidey is one of those characters that will have his best moments in statues.

Just got done watching ASM with my daughter, and as much as I would love to have this figure, I'm just afraid the piece wouldn't be able to achieve the really dynamic posing that we all attribute to Spidey. As much as it pains me, I really think Spidey is one of those characters that will have his best moments in statues.

I don't understand that argument. As these are hard plastic figures and not soft human bodies, and regardless of which Spidey figure you have, none of the are going to be that dynamic...you could use that argument to not buy any figure at all.

And more than that, if you opt for the statue, that's just fine...if that is your choice then great. Good for you guy. Let's see the in-hand picture as I am sure they will be genuinely great :lecture.

But not even an actual person can achieve the kinds of poses that make Spiderman look unique in comics, so good luck in getting it from any figure.

I think when this is released, this will be my genuine reaction

original.gif

I posted something on OMG's FB page last night and his reply was "Spider Man might come out next month".

So there you have it. ;)

Back