Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After buying Evil Superman i can wait. But i read on a HK forum that the delay is due to the shirt. (if i'm translating that right)

/who knows

Same here, this delay is actually helping me right now recover with all this toy spending.

I can imagine someone high up in HT eventually calling down to production and going, "OK, really guys, what's with the fu ckin delay on Spidey?"

and then finally some doofus snorts in his coffee and says, "sh it! Spidey! I was meant to place that order like 6 months ago! Dayum!"

:D

At least they are getting it right before release
Suuurrrre.

:lol
I still find it hilarious that some members on here equate Hot Toys delays with Hot Toys fixing problems or improving a proto.

That's an equation which has been proven time and time again, not to be the case.

The reality is more like "take all our staff off Spidey, the movie wasn't as big as expected and the figures not selling well, **** it. We can get another 5 Iron Man figures out before that fail."

Last edited:
I still find it hilarious that some members on here equate Hot Toys delays with Hot Toys fixing problems or improving a proto.

That's an equation which has been proven time and time again, not to be the case.

The reality is more like "take all our staff off Spidey, the movie wasn't as big as expected and the figures not selling well, **** it. We can get another 5 Iron Man figures out before that fail."

The first Spider-Man was greatly improved upon from proto!(Hard boots, better webbing on suit etc.) Not saying that's what's going on here maybe maybe not but i wouldn't discount it.

901248_press16-001.jpg

review_gsthtspidey_1.jpg

Last edited:

Bought my first hot toy a month ago and joined this site around the same time
You'll have to excuse my ignorance

I think not always. Quarter Scale Batman from what we've seen at the displays last STGCC and SDCC, shows a lot of improvement over the initial prototype.

However, what's mind-boggling is Propulsion Test Tony Stark getting a re-sculpt mere weeks after it was first announced, added an extra arm too if I'm not mistaken and it still managed to start shipping out ON TIME :lol

I've always found HT's production pieces to be as good or better than the prototypes. The only instance I've been let down so far is the Tony Stark head sculpt for the MK VII. The prototype was superior.

Whilst Rorywan is correct in that in 99% of the time, they will just leave things as they are, HT do change things and make improvements.

Aside from those already mentioned, Avengers Thor certainly had a rework of his sculpt's paint app and adjustments to his hair, Selina Kyle/Catwoman had her mask reworked to make it removable where, on the initial proto, originally it was not. The '89 Batman figure had his suit made out of a PVC material rather than the rubber of previous Batman figures. Even the mighty Chris Reeve Superman figure had work to the sculpt before sale.

HT will, and do, change things to make things better. It would be a stupid way to do business if they did not. It may not happen on all of its releases...but it does happen.

I think I need to clarify. I never said Hot Toys don't sometimes improve their product from proto to production. They do..sometimes.

What I said was it in no way equates or has any relation to delays in releasing a product.

Just because this is now 7 years late or so, doesn't guarantee a single change has been made from the proto.
:)

I'm sure it has, but it has nothing to do with taking their time to "fix" something. By those standards both this and the Prometheus
set should be the best HT have ever released.

I think it'll be January before we see this figure, the delay is worse than Luke Skywalker!

I think not always. Quarter Scale Batman from what we've seen at the displays last STGCC and SDCC, shows a lot of improvement over the initial prototype.

However, what's mind-boggling is Propulsion Test Tony Stark getting a re-sculpt mere weeks after it was first announced, added an extra arm too if I'm not mistaken and it still managed to start shipping out ON TIME :lol

Yup. That's what being an Iron Man figure will do for you.:lol

Back