Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8d8d908b80ee00abe0967ad73f2cc59a_zpscc20128b.jpg

83fbc89b83b9f9d3b52677b28c841952_zps15877378.jpg

5afd146287ae0b2c85a703aa71bdb539_zpsf9c61ac9.jpg

f40b42f6b531e980816fae8e457a4569_zps5f0935e0.jpg

I ended up buying a military style pack that I want to dye. Anyone have experience with dying nylon? Does it work or am I better off just leaving it the color it is? Right now it's sort of a camel color (for desert ops) I could also try fabric paint but I'm not sure it'll adhere.

Looks good, but kinda of strange like I said that figure wasn't made for the Gar sculpt because that body is not AG's.

The thing is that HT's try to get as close to the actual character as possible.

I believe they made the ASM a thinner body because Garfield is a slender guy.

Even Toby said he had to gain muscle mass and bulk up and work out a lot for the Spidey role.

Although it's a nice sculpt, I just think it doesn't belong on that body
:lecture

Did you try the Toby head on the ASM body like I did, what do you think

Last edited:
I ended up buying a military style pack that I want to dye. Anyone have experience with dying nylon? Does it work or am I better off just leaving it the color it is? Right now it's sort of a camel color (for desert ops) I could also try fabric paint but I'm not sure it'll adhere.

Is anyone going to get the 1/6 scale camera or other goodies for the backpack like a 1/6 iphone?

Looks good, but kinda of strange like I said that figure wasn't made for the Gar sculpt because that body is not AG's.

The thing is that HT's try to get as close to the actual character as possible.

I believe they made the ASM a thinner body because Garfield is a slender guy.

Even Toby said he had to gain muscle mass and bulk up and work out a lot for the Spidey role.

Although it's a nice sculpt, I just think it doesn't belong on that body
:lecture

I agree, the AG head is just a bit too small for the Black Spidey body. But not by much though. When I was swapping the heads, I put them together and they look more or less the same size (TM one just fractionally bigger)

I'm going to keep the AG head on for a little while, try some different poses and see if it looks ok on display. If not, I'll just switch back to the regular Spidey head.

Did you try the Toby head on the ASM body like I did, what do you think

Yeah, I tried the TM head on the ASM and I think that looks more out of place than the AG on Black Spidey does. Neither of them look that good but I think you can just get away with the slightly undersized AG than the oversized TM.

What broken shoulders?.?.

7bb2301f1d2ed440cf4ef7dacdf989f9.jpg

:hi5:
I can pose em!(Shoulders are broken). Suit is awesome!

What broken shoulders?.?.

7bb2301f1d2ed440cf4ef7dacdf989f9.jpg

:hi5:
I can pose em!(Shoulders are broken). Suit is awesome!

Glad you like the suit, I still think this is my favorite Spidey figure that HT's has attempted so far!
Can u flex your shoulders forward and hold it like this

Last edited:
ill try it when I get home

Can't wait to see. The reason I'm curious is if you flex the shoulders forward you can see where or how severe the broken pieces come into play. I know if it's a big break of the connection to the shoulders below, you might get flex cross in a forward motion like my pic, but it might not hold, or the shoulders might be dangling.

Hopefully you won't get the dangling situation.

BTW I might not have a fancy Detolf like most of you guys but the box makes a nice background

Last edited:
Can't wait to see. The reason I'm curious is if you flex the shoulders forward you can see where or how severe the broken pieces come into play. I know if it's a big break of the connection to the shoulders below, you might get flex cross in a forward motion like my pic, but it might not hold, or the shoulders might be dangling.

Hopefully you won't get the dangling situation.
1a54ffafcd2bbf9f960f116a66a40f61.jpg

It took some futzing, but I got it(I think)
it dangled at first, but, as long as I got a firm grip on the joint itself, and rotated the shoulder, it seemed to work
The issue is getting the joint firmly in your hand as it seems to be floating in the body, held in place by the suit
It's almost as if the mounting piece, which held the shoulder in place, broke

1a54ffafcd2bbf9f960f116a66a40f61.jpg

It took some futzing, but I got it(I think)
it dangled at first, but, as long as I got a firm grip on the joint itself, and rotated the shoulder, it seemed to work
The issue is getting the joint firmly in your hand as it seems to be floating in the body, held in place by the suit
It's almost as if the mounting piece, which held the shoulder in place, broke

Looks good enough..but I can tell it's not set, the break isn't that bad, but it does create an eyesore when you really want to create some unique poses. I'm sure you can do the behind the back he's tied up.

How about trying this

How much did you pay for the broken shoulder figure..Did they give you everything with it or just the body.

Looks good enough..but I can tell it's not set, the break isn't that bad, but it does create an eyesore when you really want to create some unique poses. I'm sure you can do the behind the back he's tied up.

How about trying this

How much did you pay for the broken shoulder figure..Did they give you everything with it or just the body.
ill try soon, I can tell that I cannot get the arms to stay up laterally, past about 70 degrees
I paid $130 shipped for the body, head, and hands(no sculpt, base, bow, or webs)

And some comparison pics of the medi as, black, and ht as
41be78f8194d063c39c7797f49261867.jpg

966b9ae2d262039bcc9856f4f3af19d1.jpg

Can't we all just get along?
aa900e67d4d728e7a4fadfa7c827409b.jpg

Well done man!!! The beauty is you don't have to worry about it breaking, lol.
True, now I have to worry about making sure the ends(of the detached shoulder joint)don't puncture the suit, meaning, I have to take the same steps as if the shoulders were not broken

Last edited:
Just wanted to share the progress on my Parker kitbash. Still waiting on the headsculpt, jacket, hoodie, and shoes.:impatient:
andrew001_zps2e981b0a.jpg

andrew002_zps1536039a.jpg

Yeesh that Medi suit looks so baggy looking :slap that Medi neck looks awful, the head is too big, neck too thin!

Glad I went for HTs, I'll take a smaller scale over a baggy suit for Spidey anyday! :lecture

Bad shoulders? :pfft: Not this guy!

Last edited:
Back