Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, what's a Tebow?

There was/is (though he's not on a team at the moment) an American football player in the NFL named Tim Tebow. He's super religious and he gets down on one knee and prays a lot during games. It kind of became a fad for people to take pictures of themselves "Tebowing" in various places and settings and such. I hear posting pictures in this forum is a pain, but here's a link to a picture of him doing his classic prayer pose... https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/31/article-2055722-0E9C920800000578-513_468x535.jpg

I guess it'd also be worth mentioning that it raised quite a bit of controversy when he was playing (again, he isn't playing at the moment). It's the whole "being free to flaunt your religion vs keeping it to yourself" debate.

The Tebow poses are awesome, guys.

Captain%20America%20understood%20that%20reference.gif

:lol

I busted my azzz all morning on this guy, but all of the pieces finally came together and I'm finally done! Just waiting on Spidey now.

I never did source the backpack, but the messenger bag couldn't be a more perfect replacement. It's sized perfectly.

I spent hours this morning meticulously painting the original sneakers I bought to match Garfield's (this was the most labor intensive part of the whole figure...). I even pegged his darn pants with the help of some tweezers!

All in all I am super happy with my very first build!

I busted my azzz all morning on this guy, but all of the pieces finally came together and I'm finally done! Just waiting on Spidey now.

I never did source the backpack, but the messenger bag couldn't be a more perfect replacement. It's sized perfectly.

I spent hours this morning meticulously painting the original sneakers I bought to match Garfield's (this was the most labor intensive part of the whole figure...). I even pegged his darn pants with the help of some tweezers!

:hi5:

You guys really like the Peter Parker look. Are going to have him wear the glasses?

I had noticed after some extreme posing, the suit had started to bunch up at the knees. I left him in a neutral pose over night and everything is back to normal. Thought I would share!

I noticed that with the neck fabric, it was lovely and tight when he came out of the box, but after having him looking to one side for a bit it seemed to get baggier, good to hear it springs back.

I had noticed after some extreme posing, the suit had started to bunch up at the knees. I left him in a neutral pose over night and everything is back to normal. Thought I would share!

Same here!
If you look over in the man of steel thread, page 1 pics, you can see supes has the same issue, under his knee and above the boot
Edit:
9348_10151446325692344_939062371_n.jpg

Last edited:

Looks seriously awesome :rock

Looking forward to seeing the sculpt on that now :clap

These Garfield bash,s are looking real good . Liking the Skate board sketches , nice touch by Rorywan. To complete the look the skate board cool :)

These Garfield bash,s are looking real good . Liking the Skate board sketches , nice touch by Rorywan. To complete the look the skate board cool :)

That's the bit only bit i'm gonna attempt to 'build'

getting the clothes was just a case of buying them, but actually making something specifically for it is the clever bit, and i've never done that before

i got some tech deck boards but they just don't seem the right size, but there's no absolute rush on that i guess

maybe i'll get a camera as well...

That's the bit only bit i'm gonna attempt to 'build'

getting the clothes was just a case of buying them, but actually making something specifically for it is the clever bit, and i've never done that before

i got some tech deck boards but they just don't seem the right size, but there's no absolute rush on that i guess

maybe i'll get a camera as well...
yup the camera,s a must also. Look forward to see when you finish your Parker bash :hi5: taking you time with bashes is a great idea . Sourcing them bits and bob . Man that's :slap

Back