Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a link to the figure?

eBay is all I can say because Supes was a Mattycollector exclusive at the time. Although most online retailers sold them.

It's not 100% the best stand for ASM, but for me it gets the job done.

It has it's flaws. From the side it is painfully obvious to locate. Don't worry the tight pincher doesn't damage the suit

But from the front it's a slam dunk IMO

Believe it or not I found that the Ugly Reeve Superman Mattel stand did the trick for me. :lol

It's tall enough to give Spidey suspended front poses without having a loose fit like the HT claw stands.

The clear pole masks the stand in selective lighting IMO

The blue color grippers help camouflage the fact that I have him on a stand as well

The pivoting grip claw is a nifty option to have for Spidey too. :lecture

I have that fig, lost most of the base because I let my son play with it
I recognize the blue clip and clear pole

I have that fig, lost most of the base because I let my son play with it
I recognize the blue clip and clear pole

The ironic twist is the stand was horrible with the Superman figure kept leaning the Superman over. The whole stand would tip over most of the time from the weight of the figure, but for Spidey, it's a perfect snug fit despite the very tight squeeze. :lecture

Extra precaution my fellow freaks although this is the best way and he explained and demonstrated this perfectly, we have to bare in mind his shoulders are already broken showing the proper method, remember when you guys get your Spidey the arms won't move freely and fast like that, so make sure you don't use speed even when properly holding the shoulder. I guarantee it won't move that easily and if you try it to fast like he did you will break them easily.

Now I'm not saying we didn't already know this, but you never know some might see this video and get excited and say " wow that's all I got to do and the shoulders are fine " and when they take it out of the box just hold the proper shoulder but try too hard and what do you know instant breakage.

What's wrong with taking it slow..absolutely nothing, just be patient guys, use the method but don't assume anything. Take your time especially out of the box, work in the joints slowly and I guarantee you will get the shoulders to work and soon enough you'll get the shoulders in crazy poses with no worries ever..trust me I think my pics that I've posted are proof of this.:lecture

Just looking out for you guys, but this video is perfect!:wave

If anybody thinks I'm over killing this topic, for those who have ordered and are soon going be receiving ASM ..look at it this way...

Take your time with it and get it the way you want or rush it , possibly breaking it at the same time and wasting $200 plus dollars on a figure.

I don't know about you but it's a no brainer for me.

That's why the minute I took Spidey out of the box I already knew how I was going to address the shoulder issue, and I haven't regretted it since three weeks now and you have seen my results from my pics.

Last edited:
I almost wonder if bracing the figure too hard can break the plastic bracing
Guyver, do you hold the shoulder joints for lateral movement?

I almost wonder if bracing the figure too hard can break the plastic bracing
Guyver, do you hold the shoulder joints for lateral movement?

I don't think so, but moving the arms as fast as you did will definately break something especially how fast you moved the arms up, the only way it was fluent for you is because the connection on yours wasn't bracing against anything it was already unhinged floating in the body so to speak. :lecture

That's why I posted under your video, is that people still have to take it slowly and once they see how it moves they will get the shoulders in awesome poses with no breakage like I did..three weeks in now buddy I have Spidey and it feels like day one out of the box.

Now laterally I can get mine about at least 30 degrees higher than the HT's diagram they included in a perfect T formation if you will.

Again I achieve this by lightly holding my thumb against the shoulder blade and then slowly raising the arm, when you hear the arm ratcheting you know you are getting the extension you want until the ratchet stops then you are fine, but no breakage problems ever, same goes for pulling the arms back down. :lecture

I still say the best feeling to have is too have your fingers feel like a wrench when you move it up and down while bracing the shoulder blade that you explained in the video.

you can almost feel the joints moving the way you want just like the feeling you get when you use a wrench to tighten and loosen something the movement begins to loosen up the tightness of the arms while your fingers are in this wrench technique.

yeah, my fingers were the bracing, but they are also the bracing for unbroken spideys as well
im sure people will be careful with their spideys if they have heard of the issues

Just a little teaser, will post better pics tomorrow...
peterparker001_zps5a854fdc.jpg

yeah, my fingers were the bracing, but they are also the bracing for unbroken spideys as well
im sure people will be careful with their spideys if they have heard of the issues

It's possible to get the extension with no worries

Arm straightened..look how far back it can go with these particular shoulders

Crazy right!

Back to normal..no problem

HT's warning..

I could do it a little better

Extra precaution my fellow freaks although this is the best way and he explained and demonstrated this perfectly, we have to bare in mind his shoulders are already broken showing the proper method, remember when you guys get your Spidey the arms won't move freely and fast like that, so make sure you don't use speed even when properly holding the shoulder. I guarantee it won't move that easily and if you try it to fast like he did you will break them easily.

Now I'm not saying we didn't already know this, but you never know some might see this video and get excited and say " wow that's all I got to do and the shoulders are fine " and when they take it out of the box just hold the proper shoulder but try too hard and what do you know instant breakage.

What's wrong with taking it slow..absolutely nothing, just be patient guys, use the method but don't assume anything. Take your time especially out of the box, work in the joints slowly and I guarantee you will get the shoulders to work and soon enough you'll get the shoulders in crazy poses with no worries ever..trust me I think my pics that I've posted are proof of this.:lecture

Just looking out for you guys, but this video is perfect!:wave

If anybody thinks I'm over killing this topic, for those who have ordered and are soon going be receiving ASM ..look at it this way...

Take your time with it and get it the way you want or rush it , possibly breaking it at the same time and wasting $200 plus dollars on a figure.

I don't know about you but it's a no brainer for me.

That's why the minute I took Spidey out of the box I already knew how I was going to address the shoulder issue, and I haven't regretted it since three weeks now and you have seen my results from my pics.

Is little video makes me feel safer buying one of these because I really like this figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's very very good. Gets that 'awkward teenager' just right when he is Peter and gets the intensity right when he's Spider Man.

If you say so we'll see in ASM2. :dunno

I do like Garfield as Spidey in the suit he cracks jokes like Spidey :lecture
I actually believe he's Spidey.

As Parker way too intense, he didn't act like a geek, he was acting more of a loner than geeky type. That's not Peter Parker.

Toby nailed the geeky part of Peter IMO. Toby made me laugh in all three films. Garfield impressed me as Spidey . As Peter, I fell asleep.

Last edited:
Back