Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9565aa1407621c45bfe97e7edf473f8e_zpsfd0cec63.jpg

What a great set up. Simple but VERY nice.

Been reading over these pages from the past week. I'm no longer too worried about the shoulder issue as I first thought. Guyver's info and pics have made me more confident. I will still handle with care but at least thanks to the members here, I can do so and still take pleasure in it!

Now SS, send me my Spidey already!!!

I busted my azzz all morning on this guy, but all of the pieces finally came together and I'm finally done! Just waiting on Spidey now.

I never did source the backpack, but the messenger bag couldn't be a more perfect replacement. It's sized perfectly.

I spent hours this morning meticulously painting the original sneakers I bought to match Garfield's (this was the most labor intensive part of the whole figure...). I even pegged his darn pants with the help of some tweezers!

All in all I am super happy with my very first build!

I think this bash looks better than the actual spidey figure!! Great work!!

What a great set up. Simple but VERY nice.

Been reading over these pages from the past week. I'm no longer too worried about the shoulder issue as I first thought. Guyver's info and pics have made me more confident. I will still handle with care but at least thanks to the members here, I can do so and still take pleasure in it!

Now SS, send me my Spidey already!!!

You won't be disappointed. This piece has presence, the details and sculpting is there IMO.

Again, I don't mind the shoulders

The finish is impressive

I think this bash looks better than the actual spidey figure!! Great work!!

Wow, thanks! And thank you to everyone who has complimented it. I can't forget to give a special word of thanks to Rorywan for posting the skate deck design. Getting it on there is a bit of trial and error, but it's worth it!

Now comes the wait for Spidey. Ordered him through BBTS, so I've got many fingers crossed that he's an early Christmas present for me.

Wow, thanks! And thank you to everyone who has complimented it. I can't forget to give a special word of thanks to Rorywan for posting the skate deck design. Getting it on there is a bit of trial and error, but it's worth it!

Now comes the wait for Spidey. Ordered him through BBTS, so I've got many fingers crossed that he's an early Christmas present for me.

They will look great together buddy. Nice job:clap. Hope you do some wicked skateboard poses with your Parker custom. Are you going to try for the nerdy glasses, somebody did with wire and it was impressive!

I wonder if it's possible to do a kit bash of his jacket off with his t shirt and long sleeves, but that might require trying to locate the right 1/6 t shirt. I can see why the jacket and hoodie would be easier to do.

Last edited:

More than welcome mate, he's looking great!
:hi5:

They will look great together buddy. Nice job:clap. Hope you do some wicked skateboard poses with your Parker custom. Are you going to try for the nerdy glasses, somebody did with wire and it was impressive!

I wonder if it's possible to do a kit bash of his jacket off with his t shirt and long sleeves, but that might require trying to locate the right 1/6 t shirt. I can see why the jacket and hoodie would be easier to do.

Finding the right t shirt is a pain

finding a slim long sleeve t is harder

I think it will involve dying, but I really want to go for that look

Yo yo yo

I made a thread in the customs section for Parker kitbashes to be showed off, it'll be handy for folk to be able to get inspiration without going through pages and pages I reckon

Here's the link https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6305536#post6305536

I'm gonna post where I got my stuff as well as I got a few PM's already, a small taste of what Rory must experience! :lol

Thanks man. :duff

The rims on the eyes are dark transparent blue. When you hold them up to the light you can see through them. HT just made them too dark I guess.
The lens are stuck in with double sided tape and come out easily. But they are sculpted on the back with the dots, so doing a straight MEDI style fix is not an option.

Did you take any pics during the mod process?

[ame]https://youtu.be/ZgIvrxcb9bo[/ame]

You can feel the inner shoulder mechanism through the suit.....

Hold the inner shoulder mechanism in place (doted green circles) and rotate at the yellow bar (rolling-pin):
post-5392-1383935274.jpg

Great video man!!! Wish I could have seen this before I got mine.. which is now. yours.. haha. Like I said on the video comments... I still hold Hot Toys responsible for not being more clear about the shoulders and how to move them.. but I'm so glad everyone else's figures are turning out okay and that everyone knows how to handle it properly now. Good looking out!

Great video man!!! Wish I could have seen this before I got mine.. which is now. yours.. haha. Like I said on the video comments... I still hold Hot Toys responsible for not being more clear about the shoulders and how to move them.. but I'm so glad everyone else's figures are turning out okay and that everyone knows how to handle it properly now. Good looking out!

I agree, it's obvious you can't move the shoulders laterally more than 80 degrees, just pose it and you will see
But you have to let us know that the bracing is weak and that support is required

Still love my broken spidey
I'll be picking up some of those lights
Thanks Ryno

I thought I gave you props. :wave
What stand do you use when you pose your spidey?

Thanks

Believe it or not I found that the Ugly Reeve Superman Mattel stand did the trick for me. :lol

It's tall enough to give Spidey suspended front poses without having a loose fit like the HT claw stands.

The clear pole masks the stand in selective lighting IMO

The blue color grippers help camouflage the fact that I have him on a stand as well

The pivoting grip claw is a nifty option to have for Spidey too. :lecture

Believe it or not I found that the Ugly Reeve Superman Mattel stand did the trick for me. :lol

It's tall enough to give Spidey suspended front poses without having a loose fit like the HT claw stands.

The clear pole masks the stand in selective lighting IMO

The blue color grippers help camouflage the fact that I have him on a stand as well

The pivoting grip claw is a nifty too. :lecture

Do you have a link to the figure?

Back