Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is one the way as we speak. Thanks for everyone here that has posted videos, and cautions for the shoulders.

Highly appreciated

Ouch! That gotta hurt! :rotfl

The jewels are safe! :hi5:
29f3851720c12820da4399365f5d0670.jpg

:clap Thats a sweeet azz shot dude. Not enough people take a shot of Spidey "in motion" when using the sandman base. Its usually him standing on Sandmans fist which never made any sense to me since Sandmans clearly taking a swing at ole webhead.

This is as close as I could get to the box art pose. Shoulders don't seem to be an issue.

:clap Sweet pose yo!

:clap Thats a sweeet azz shot dude. Not enough people take a shot of Spidey "in motion" when using the sandman base. Its usually him standing on Sandmans fist which never made any sense to me since Sandmans clearly taking a swing at ole webhead.

:clap Sweet pose yo!
same here, thanks!

If you say so we'll see in ASM2. :dunno

I do like Garfield as Spidey in the suit he cracks jokes like Spidey :lecture
I actually believe he's Spidey.

As Parker way too intense, he didn't act like a geek, he was acting more a llike a loner than geeky type. That's not Peter Parker.

Toby nailed the geeky part of Peter IMO. Toby made me laugh in all three films. Garfield impressed me as Spidey . As Peter, I fell a sleep.

I agree. Garfield was waaaay too much "moody hipster" than Science geek.

Just didn't work for me imo.

GREAT spidey, however.

Great video man.. Happy they replaced yours. Just work in the joints, of course be careful. But you can get the shoulders, especially the arms to pivot upward and back , side to side, etc higher than what you showed.

The proof in case you missed my previous post
It is completely possible

Last edited by a moderator:
Good on you Rick, let's see what happens with your new one. Looking forward to your Terminator Review. Won't be getting this myself (at least not for a while....cash flow!), or if I win the Euro Lottery ( :pray: ) but I'd still like to see a decent review of it, just in case.

I agree. Garfield was waaaay too much "moody hipster" than Science geek.

Just didn't work for me imo.

GREAT spidey, however.

:exactly: Hipster was a good word.. I always thought Garfield acted like a cool level headed dude, nothing nerdy about him, nothing like shy or insecure, just more like he had a chip on his shoulder than anything else.

But when he put the suit on and acted like Spidey.. I said to myself.. This guy could be Spider-man if Spidey was real IMO.

Rick got a new Spiderman! Woohoo. Well done mate, see it was all worth it in the end. Be careful with this one. :duff
Posting a video that knocks SSF in SSF though, pretty much takes the biscuit.

:lol

Clipper often makes me laugh - his reviews are funny. However, this Spider Man business is so over the top - rally cries against Hot Toys?
It's western materialsim gone mad. Seeing a grown man swear and moan over an action figure is cringe worthy.
Yes the figures are expensive and yes we expect them not to break. But it's plastic, it could always break and they will always break.

HT replaced my oily Batman for me and I appreciated it but I got it via calm, respectful emails. Getting angry and swearing is low and shows a lack of control in my opinion.

I wouldn't embarrass myself by posting a video like that. Just my thoughts.

Clipper often makes me laugh - his reviews are funny. However, this Spider Man business is so over the top - rally cries against Hot Toys?
It's western materialsim gone mad. Seeing a grown man swear and moan over an action figure is cringe worthy.
Yes the figures are expensive and yes we expect them not to break. But it's plastic, it could always break and they will always break.

HT replaced my oily Batman for me and I appreciated it but I got it via calm, respectful emails. Getting angry and swearing is low and shows a lack of control in my opinion.

I wouldn't embarrass myself by posting a video like that. Just my thoughts.

:hi5: Agreed completely.

Glad they did right by you Clipper. Thanks for the heads up on this guy. I probably would have broken mine if I hadn't watched your video.

So, how many people on here have actually had shoulder problems?
I think enough people have them now to draw some conclusions?

So, how many people on here have actually had shoulder problems?
I think enough people have them now to draw some conclusions?

imo, the conclusion is that the shoulder joints themselves are fine, that the bracing for back and forth moving is weak and easily breakable, additional bracing through fingers is required
I predict that people that are not aware of this will break their shoulders through normal posing
lets see once the masses start receiving theirs

say what you may about clipperking, he does some really good reviews. He breaks down everything and shows you the good and bad, doesn't kiss *** like sean long and I appreciate that. His reviews are one of the most unbiased out there, I believe.

say what you may about clipperking, he does some really good reviews. He breaks down everything and shows you the good and bad, doesn't kiss *** like sean long and I appreciate that. His reviews are one of the most unbiased out there, I believe.

he gets results too

Okay i haven't gone through the whole thread here...(wayyyyy too much reading) but i just got a message from Sideshow wanting asking if i wanted to review this figure. Initially i was concerned, but they told me that Hot Toys re-engineered the shoulders. They opened the one they want to send to me and tested it and it didn't have any breakage. Is this something talked about before? I didn't know Hot Toys planned on re-engineering the shoulders or if they could do something like that this quick. Had you guys heard this? I'm mostly waiting to reply to them to know what your guys thoughts are on this.

Back