Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly what i was told from SSC.

Someone asked earlier about the "re-engineered shoulders". All i was told that during the production, it was noticed that some had problems. Not all of them but some. They apparently hoped that it wouldn't be as wide spread as they initially thought. But more than not in the initial release in Asia had the "problem". They did a running change during production that seems to have corrected the issue then the shipments went out to the distribution places (i.e. Sideshow). Mine was sent out to me and i got it today and i'm happy to report that the shoulders on mine are fine. Others at SSC were opened and tested as well and they all are fine too. Mine has a full range of motion. Granted i was careful at first to make sure...but once it was clear that they were perfectly fine, i really increased the forcefulness of which i was lifting the arms and they seem very sturdy.

A figure that i initially really had no interest in (i'm not a fan of the reboot in general) has quickly become a very fun figure for me and i'm glad i picked him up!

BaHf6qxCEAAoXt0.jpg

p.s. thanks to the mods for reopening this. It sucks it went bad but i'm glad it's been cleaned up and can serve to help other collectors.

Did you still have to grip the shoulder area before you tried to move the arms?

That's exactly what i was told from SSC.

Someone asked earlier about the "re-engineered shoulders". All i was told that during the production, it was noticed that some had problems. Not all of them but some. They apparently hoped that it wouldn't be as wide spread as they initially thought. But more than not in the initial release in Asia had the "problem". They did a running change during production that seems to have corrected the issue then the shipments went out to the distribution places (i.e. Sideshow). Mine was sent out to me and i got it today and i'm happy to report that the shoulders on mine are fine. Others at SSC were opened and tested as well and they all are fine too. Mine has a full range of motion. Granted i was careful at first to make sure...but once it was clear that they were perfectly fine, i really increased the forcefulness of which i was lifting the arms and they seem very sturdy.

A figure that i initially really had no interest in (i'm not a fan of the reboot in general) has quickly become a very fun figure for me and i'm glad i picked him up!

BaHf6qxCEAAoXt0.jpg

p.s. thanks to the mods for reopening this. It sucks it went bad but i'm glad it's been cleaned up and can serve to help other collectors.

So is it basically the same shoulder system as before :dunno

Good news on the shoulders, I'm excited to see a review where the shoulders do not required to be held
I keep emailing hot toys daily, requesting a replacement, haven't gotten a response yet, but I will continue to email

My wife just purchased this guy for me from Timcent for Christmas, can't wait to get him!!!

Now I obviously have to buy her a kick *** present..

Last edited:
My wife just purchased this guy for me from Timcent for Christmas, can't wait to get him!!!

Now I obviously have to buy her a kick *** present..

Your wife is cool!!!

I dare mention these hot toys figures to mine. Lol

Will still get this guy despite the shoulder issues.

Bri

Thanks Snoop for re-opening the thread.

Mine is due after the 20th too, so I doubt I will see it actually before the holiday. I suspect mine will arrive (along with the Mime Joker DX) in the short period between Christmas and New Year. Does not bother me one bit either!

:yess: :yess: :yess:

Alright, just caved and re-ordered it. Looks like I'm gonna have an extra Parker sculpt now. If anyone wants one, PM me with an offer...

Ugh, I just couldn't pass this up and ordered it on BBTS hopefully I won't regret it.

Back