Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hot toys amazing spider-man gallery!

Since somebody closed the general ASM thread which I hated :gah:, I thought I would make my own for those who want to see how cool this figure can be!

My latest!

My freaks are giving me a headache

Newsflash I"m just a figure!, It's not the end of the world!

See..just a figure!

How Dare they close my thread!!!

Last edited:
Re: My hot toys amazing spider-man gallery!

Love the photo shoot! :rock

... but by Darwin's beard, that is one fugly action figure!

I guess i'll post this here since the other thread was closed.

I got my figure today from SSC and the shoulders are fine. Hot Toys in fact knew about the shoulder problem. It was noticed during production and it was corrected during it. Not all were bad, but some were. And it seems instead of delaying the figure more, they hoped that more were okay than not. It was fixed on the majority of the run but some still went out during the initial release in Asia. These problems should be a non issue going forward.

That being said, i initially wasn't interested in this figure much. While i like Spider-Man, i disliked the reboot. But the more and more i fiddle with this figure, the more fun i seem to have with him :)

BaHf6qxCEAAoXt0.jpg

Thread reopened.

Stay on topic and if I see any trolling or flaming from ANYONE and you'll get a 2 week vacation from the board.

Are PERSONAL opinions on the FIGURE (it is JUNK) considered trolling or flaming in any way Mr Darth?

I get PM's from some DB's whenever I say something negative (there's nothing positive TO say) about this figure.

I am NOT in any way doing any name calling, insults, etc.

Please advise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am I the only on thinking a blue repaint of the liquid t 1000 would look like that guy who turns into water from the 90's cartoon series?

Please review the DX13, that's something I'd watch. Hell, I'd rather see a review on the Liquid T-1000 statue than a ASM figure.

I'll be doing both but i have to do Spider-Man first. I don't have all the necessary stuff for my review on the T-800 yet. I won't get that till the 2nd when SSC comes back from their break.

So I read on OSR that spidey figs are fixed. The only ones that have crap shoulders should be initial batch released in Hong Kong...hope it's true.

Are PERSONAL opinions on the FIGURE (it is JUNK) considered trolling or flaming in any way Mr Darth?

I get PM's from some DB's whenever I say something negative (there's nothing positive TO say) about this figure.

I am NOT in any way doing any name calling, insults, etc.

Please advise.

No, personal opinions are not considered trolling or flaming. Just be constructive when giving your opinions. Just saying it "sucks" or any other derogatory remark isn't being constructive.

Name calling or badgering someone because their opinion differs from yours is.

If everyone follows the forum rules then all will be fine.

What will get me banned?

In any forum that encourages the free exchange of ideas differing opinions are bound to crop up -- just keep it civil, basic netiquette applies, no flames, no spamming, etc. Personal attacks, name calling and outright rudeness will not be tolerated.

Any behavior the administrator or moderators feels is disruptive to the forum can lead to banning.

But if someone is obviously joking please don't take offense, we're not going to be the "political correctness" police here. Also as many artists, both amateur and professional post here, criticism should be constructive and not "it looks like crap." Ignoring these rules will result in your posts being edited or deleted and your membership being banned.

So I read on OSR that spidey figs are fixed. The only ones that have crap shoulders should be initial batch released in Hong Kong...hope it's true.

That's exactly what i was told from SSC.

Someone asked earlier about the "re-engineered shoulders". All i was told that during the production, it was noticed that some had problems. Not all of them but some. They apparently hoped that it wouldn't be as wide spread as they initially thought. But more than not in the initial release in Asia had the "problem". They did a running change during production that seems to have corrected the issue then the shipments went out to the distribution places (i.e. Sideshow). Mine was sent out to me and i got it today and i'm happy to report that the shoulders on mine are fine. Others at SSC were opened and tested as well and they all are fine too. Mine has a full range of motion. Granted i was careful at first to make sure...but once it was clear that they were perfectly fine, i really increased the forcefulness of which i was lifting the arms and they seem very sturdy.

A figure that i initially really had no interest in (i'm not a fan of the reboot in general) has quickly become a very fun figure for me and i'm glad i picked him up!

BaHf6qxCEAAoXt0.jpg

p.s. thanks to the mods for reopening this. It sucks it went bad but i'm glad it's been cleaned up and can serve to help other collectors.

Back