Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_0140.jpg

Looks great :yess:

WHAT ARE YOU SURPRISED BY EXACTLY? The photo is improperly lit. The flash is blowing out a good portion of detail. The focus is off. Seriously bro, go in your room and take a close up with flash with a moving camera phone of ANY of your figures and see how good they look.

Yea pretty much this, a bad photo can make the best figure look terrible.

Yeah, that's just a bad picture

I've got a tonne of crappy iPhone pics of Cap, doesn't mean the figure is poor though

Early days guys! Jeez!

:exactly::goodpost::hi5:

those sculpted "shooting" palms and the dead chitauri looks absolutely stunning!

That's right...keep jumping off the wagon please... :lol More for me.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYDkGJmSfy0[/ame]

I suppose we could just take our existing Avengers and play with them in dirt?

Although it's not outside the realm of possibilty that HT's may release their BD counter parts

but then it wouldn't be accurate lol

and I wouldn't be surprised either at this point. Milking it for what they can while they can

Probably HT figured BD is not really something we can't do. :lol
Then again, we have the likes of Luke and Mk VII here.

:lecture indeed

That's a good point about the display. Displaying them together would be really incongruent. Personally I wouldn't want to display this version by itself since it's clearly Avengers based and not IM (so I'd want the team -- but I can still see how it'd look good on its own). In general I prefer the museum/clean versions of characters but agree a battle-damaged set of Avengers would look really cool.

I'm getting the clean version for sure and this if I can get on board when it goes up for PO. So I'll still have the team together but I guess that it's just odd to make only one character BD and leave the rest clean. It's like Iron Man is doing everything and the rest of the team is just watching because they don't want to get dirty lol

It's obvious this one has changes to it compared to the original.

It's obvious the new BD version was lit much better in the promo photos, but that's it.

I see no neck or eye adjustments. I'd bet these are virtually the same molds with different paint apps.

(The BD version does seems to be missing some red by the kneecaps, though. :huh)

I'll bet this fig will be priced quite higher than the previous clean set.

After all, it's limited to only worldwide. :duh

(Recall the IM2 Mark 6 versus The Avengers Mark 6: the first set costs less and had more options & accessories.
Suckers pay more for what they perceive as "exclusivity." It's a fool's game, and as old as sea shells.)

Off topic but the set up looks amazing.
DSC_0128.jpg

I think that display looks boring as P-H-U-C-K. No poses . . . just statues in grey plastic boxes. :sleep

The HoA display has to be one of the dullest, most static ways to show off a figure designed to express dynamic action.
Why not just buy some polystone garbage?
Why waste money on articulation?
____

It's obvious the new BD version was lit much better in the promo photos, but that's it.

I see no neck or eye adjustments. I'd bet these are virtually the same molds with different paint apps.

(The BD version does seems to be missing some red by the kneecaps, though. :huh)

I'll bet this fig will be priced quite higher than the previous clean set.

After all, it's limited to only worldwide. :duh

(Recall the IM2 Mark 6 versus The Avengers Mark 6: the first set costs less and had more options & accessories.
Suckers pay more for what they perceive as "exclusivity." It's a fool's game, and as old as sea shells.)

I think that display looks boring as P-H-U-C-K. No poses . . . just statues in grey plastic boxes. :sleep

The HoA display has to be one of the dullest, most static ways to show off a figure designed to express dynamic action.
Why not just buy some polystone garbage?
Why waste money on articulation?
____

Because its just personal choice. Most people pose figures just standing there in museum like poses while other have them posed in such dynamic ways.

I have my Mark suits lined up with a simple pose and they look great together. I have no problem getting this to display them all together with the IM3 Tony Stark figure in front of it. I like having a organized look so this just brings them all together.

If I want to pose one of them I can just pop them out of it and do whatever pose wanted, no biggy.

This needs at 1/6 schwarma...just saying...

Hot Toys 1/6 Scale Diorama of the Infamous Schwarma Joint

Includes 1/6 chairs for you to put the entire Avengers team together.

$700 - (Schwarma not included - Coming soon in version 2.0)

Proportions actually look a little worse on this compared to the standard MK VII pics from what i've seen

im still on the fence about this one. i think its either pass and regret it later or buy and regret it lol. passed on the Mk VI so dont want to pass on this one

Back