Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not panic my friend :lol Just surprised on how horrible it looks because of simple bad lighting. That's why I said I'm hoping we get another picture with better lighting than that one.

I already know Iron Man prototype NEVER look great. The original Mark VII was bashed on when it was displayed due to it not being assembled properly and what not.

WHAT ARE YOU SURPRISED BY EXACTLY? The photo is improperly lit. The flash is blowing out a good portion of detail. The focus is off. Seriously bro, go in your room and take a close up with flash with a moving camera phone of ANY of your figures and see how good they look.

Bro, you MUST be new to Hot Toys... HAVE YOU YET TO LEARN THE LESSON OF 'FIRST PICTURE IS NEVER AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE FIGURE'?! WOW, you must spread rumors like wildfire, bro. :lol:rotfl
How am I spreading rumors? Because I said the prototype looks like crap under the bad lighting? Am I wrong? I said the bad lighting makes the figure look like crap and that I hope we get another picture with it in better lighting.

I already know prototypes never look great. They NEVER do. Aside from Loki maybe. I'm just surprised on how different it looks compared to proto pictures compared to the past. I'm not bashing the figure itself, I'm simply stating I'm shocked on how bad it looks BECAUSE of bad lighting. I know prototypes don't look great with flash but I've usually never been shocked to where I'm like "Wow" before.

Jebus..Relax :peace:stick

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed is that the Mark VII almost always looks worse when photographed from high angles, which is why almost all the Hot Toys release photos are taken from lower angles.

Also that flash completely washes out the paint job. It's a terrible picture, but geeze, but I'm not going to write this guy off from one bad amateur photo.

Yeah, yeah we've seen the front. What does the back look like?

Not panic my friend :lol Just surprised on how horrible it looks because of simple bad lighting. That's why I said I'm hoping we get another picture with better lighting than that one.

I already know Iron Man prototype NEVER look great. The original Mark VII was bashed on when it was displayed due to it not being assembled properly and what not.

Yeah, I have to admit, the figure looked ugly in there.

Hopefully other convention goers post new pics. :D

Yeah, I have to admit, the figure looked ugly in there.

Hopefully other convention goers post new pics. :D

:exactly: Relax people. I'm not bashing the figure for what it is because I'm going to picking it up no matter what the prototype looks like.

This is a daily routine where prototypes look bad and when the final product come out, people drool all over it.

I'm just stating the figure looks really bad there. If you want to disagree, that's fine but jeez you people get heated up because I bash a poorly taken picture that makes the figure look bad. I get the lighting makes it look bad and all that, relax guys.

WHAT ARE YOU SURPRISED BY EXACTLY? The photo is improperly lit. The flash is blowing out a good portion of detail. The focus is off. Seriously bro, go in your room and take a close up with flash with a moving camera phone of ANY of your figures and see how good they look.

Yea pretty much this, a bad photo can make the best figure look terrible.

It does look a bit disenchanted in the picture. But I think the only problem is that the promo pictures just look too good to be true :D

They are BLINDING the place with lights. Holy moly.

Off topic but the set up looks amazing. Happy I PO'd the entire set here.

DSC_0128.jpg

I was implying that HT wouldn't care to change it. :lol
A new mold for the torso would be pushing it.

So the 'detachable' rocket pack would still be on the battle damaged version as well, even though all the other pieces are missing? :(

Bad pic. Nothing more. Its not often convention pics look all that great anyway! I'm still getting it no matter what.

So the 'detachable' rocket pack would still be on the battle damaged version as well, even though all the other pieces are missing? :(

i think they will change it, i remember the back of war machine final product fig is different from its prototype but who knows

Am I the only one a bit turned off after seeing that picture?
The proto pictures were shopped HEAVILY. The paintjob looks nothing alike unfortunately.

The lighting itself can be effecting it but judging by that picture, it doesn't look anywhere near as close as the proto pictures. I know the proto pictures and the actual inhand is always different but this one takes the cake.

The base and repulsor hand looks sweet though.

I do hope we get another picture to do it justice. The lighting here makes it look really bad.

We're talking about a flash camera picture, through a glass case. Those pictures ALWAYS suck. The proto wasn't 'shopped, it was taken in a light box professionally by the photographers at Hot Toys. Thats why it looks better than an amateur shot in a glass case.

kinda :( looking not worth the price tag its at or atleast makes me realize what it really is , plastic boxes; need some OMG photos here

Back