Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mark VI Promo sold out in a good 12 hours. No way will they give this exclusive to another smaller distributor.

No it didn't!! :nono

"For overseas Fans, this Collectible Figurine will be available for special promotions in specific markets as limited edition items during the Iron Man 3 movie launch period. Please stay tuned with us for "

That's the part that confuses me then. It says it'll be out for the movie launch, which is May 2 so it can't be that far.

I guess they are referring to the PO, not the release of the actual figure.

:exactly::goodpost:

what is the point of a BD VII when we are already getting BD parts for the regular figure?

Because the BD parts on the regular look ****

Last edited:
Where indeed? I don't see it on the FB page.

In the meantime, HI-RES! This figure looks soooo awesome.

PD13649863502Uh.jpg

PD13649863560K1.jpg

PD1364986362Ab9.jpg

PD1364986360Q6W.jpg

PD1364986354nUQ.jpg

PD13649863585xM.jpg

PD1364986352MMK.jpg

PD1364986365Yt0.jpg

PD1364986348p4M.jpg

PD1364986345OYt.jpg

Bumping the Hi Res shots

No it didn't!! :nonono
Yeah, I seem to remember that one lasting longer than I expected, too, for some reason. Anyway, I don't think this figure will command crazy secondary market prices since the die-cast line is on the horizon and IM fans will be truly spoiled for choice after IM3.

Yeah, I seem to remember that one lasting longer than I expected, too, for some reason.

I specifically remember hovering over the buy it now button for at least a week before I decided against it (no idea how long after that it then sold out because I wasn't checking anymore)

If it's too expensive I wonder how much those shooting hands will cost on ebay.

I'd be interested in just the RDJ head...
but I know I've got better luck at having a leprechaun bring me beer.

So I just quickly scanned through the Mark VI movie promo thread and it was announced on April 5 and went up fro PO at SSC on May 30 at 1:35pm. It sold out on May 31st at 9:27pm.

So the PO didn't go up for almost 2 months after the announcement. And it sold out in 32 hours.

I think if I'm able to get one that it's going to have to have it's own space. It looks amazing so it should but it would look weird to have a battle damaged Iron Man next to a set of clean Avengers. I don't count Cap's shield because it's the only thing on him battle damaged. Which sucks really because I would love a set of battle damaged Avengers personally over the clean versions.

I suppose we could just take our existing Avengers and play with them in dirt?

Although it's not outside the realm of possibilty that HT's may release their BD counter parts

I think if I'm able to get one that it's going to have to have it's own space. It looks amazing so it should but it would look weird to have a battle damaged Iron Man next to a set of clean Avengers. I don't count Cap's shield because it's the only thing on him battle damaged. Which sucks really because I would love a set of battle damaged Avengers personally over the clean versions.

Probably HT figured BD is not really something we can't do. :lol
Then again, we have the likes of Luke and Mk VII here.

...So the PO didn't go up for almost 2 months after the announcement. And it sold out in 32 hours.
Cool, thanks for taking the time to definitively answer that, mikericm. Thought it went pretty quick but not as quick as I expected at the time, so 32 hrs feels right.

That's a good point about the display. Displaying them together would be really incongruent. Personally I wouldn't want to display this version by itself since it's clearly Avengers based and not IM (so I'd want the team -- but I can still see how it'd look good on its own). In general I prefer the museum/clean versions of characters but agree a battle-damaged set of Avengers would look really cool.

Everytime I see those hi-res shots, I like this thing even more! I'm not expecting the PO to go up immediately, but I'll be checking 2-3 times daily to be certain.

That new repulsor hand looks great, wish they didn't use so much flash on that shot though

Am I the only one a bit turned off after seeing that picture?
The proto pictures were shopped HEAVILY. The paintjob looks nothing alike unfortunately.

The lighting itself can be effecting it but judging by that picture, it doesn't look anywhere near as close as the proto pictures. I know the proto pictures and the actual inhand is always different but this one takes the cake.

The base and repulsor hand looks sweet though.

I do hope we get another picture to do it justice. The lighting here makes it look really bad.

The proto pictures were shopped HEAVILY. The paintjob looks nothing alike unfortunately.

The lighting itself can be effecting it but judging by that picture, it doesn't look anywhere near as close as the proto pictures. I know the proto pictures and the actual inhand is always different but this one takes the cake.

I do hope we get another picture to do it justice. The lighting here makes it look really bad.

"First in-hand pics" panic this early? :monkey4

:lol :peace :1-1:

"First in-hand pics" panic this early? :monkey4

:lol :peace :1-1:

Not panic my friend :lol Just surprised on how horrible it looks because of simple bad lighting. That's why I said I'm hoping we get another picture with better lighting than that one.

I already know Iron Man prototype NEVER look great. The original Mark VII was bashed on when it was displayed due to it not being assembled properly and what not.

Bro, you MUST be new to Hot Toys... HAVE YOU YET TO LEARN THE LESSON OF 'FIRST PICTURE IS NEVER AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE FIGURE'?! WOW, you must spread rumors like wildfire, bro. :lol:rotfl

Back