Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. So if any of us really want it we'll need to be creative. Which doesn't include paying scalper prices that fellow board members are so generous to offer us.

It would be way cheaper to just paint the extra BD on a regular mk 7 and forego the Head and base

I think this BD interest will die down a bit once we start seeing the SDCC goodies in a few days.

I got an email a while ago saying if they get another confirmed shipment of the BD Mark VII it could potentially go up for Canadians. It sounded like a zero chance. Anyways, it'll be interesting if we hear any stories about Canadian retailers able to get them in the US and sell them north of the border. I'm guess some Ontario retailers might have that opportunity.

Who did you get the email from?

Who did you get the email from?

I think it was Kathy. I forget her message verbatim, I may even have posted it earlier in this thread, but it essentially said that if they got more figures they might go up for preorder in other markets. Personally (and yes I'm biased) I think it's a shoddy and elitist way to market limited items that benefit the scalper more than ever before, but we could go on and on...

I always thought Canada was allowed in on the European sales. At least I thought that's the way it was last year.

995115_524355520970769_1243882380_n.jpg

Hmm well I assumed that's the BD cause of his stand and the gun at he bottom
Unless they just made the regular BD and used the BD stand for it lol

Yeah. It's nowhere near as battle damaged as the proper BD one. I am guessing someone took an airbrush to the regular and put it on a BD base. The weapons out are a DEAD GIVEAWAY for anyone who has seen both and knows the difference.
I wonder where HT got their hands on a regular MKVII?
Must be witchcraft!

What do you think?
Does the above pic match this one?

hot-toys-the-avengers-iron-man-battle-damaged-mark-vii-limited-edition-collectible-figure-1.jpg

Yeah. It's nowhere near as battle damaged as the proper BD one. I am guessing someone took an airbrush to the regular and put it on a BD base. The weapons out are a DEAD GIVEAWAY for anyone who has seen both and knows the difference.
I wonder where HT got their hands on a regular MKVII?
Must be witchcraft!

What do you think?
Does the above pic match this one?

You're right that it's not the exact same one.

It's a mash up of the original and the BD. The undies, abs and pretty much the entire bottom half is not BD but you can see that his shoulders do not have the pods and the entire head is BD, which is only present in the BD version.

This looks like a mash up.

For sure.
If they didn't have the original proto to hand and wanted to make something "kind of like the BD" they must have got someone to throw this together.
It's a decent effort.
Of course it's not going to fool everyone.

This figure is definitely the regular Mark VII. It has the side, rib panels installed. The BD version doesn't come with them.

This figure is definitely the regular Mark VII. It has the side, rib panels installed. The BD version doesn't come with them.

Oh yeah, good catch. Good, I was worried there for a second... if the figure came looking like that it would not warrant the price tag.

Back