Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this guy wasn't final, because he was pretty underwhelming compared to the promo pics. If this is the same paint job, then shame on Hot Toys for photoshopping the hell out of the photos. Definitely less excited now, but I'll keep my waitlist conversion til in hand pics are out.

Camera Roll-90 by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

Camera Roll-91 by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

Wow if that was the final figure it would be the greatest slap on the face in history :lol
just throw some dirt to the Mark VII and there you go

Something went wrong, thats not the real prototype. Wonder what happened...

Don't worry guys. That was just the Mark VII with the BD parts, not the actual BD Mark VII Promo edition. I was disappointed to when I saw it wasn't actually the BD Mark VII.

I was impressed with the chitarui base though, surprisingly.

Seeing this only makes me even more excited for the BD Promo Edition.

They do have a lot more Bd look than the regular, like the abs area, back, and legs..
I wonder if they really didn't have a prototype version or they just used a regular and did a quick Small BD look to it for the show.

the prudent position would be to wait and see EXACTLY what MVII BD will be released yet several in the thread think that is the wrong thing to do. sounds like their hopes are outweighing their common sense. and they call me a dreamer. in REALITY, no one knows what is going to be released until collectors have it in-hand. i prefer reality. would it be so bad to receive the BD pictured? i don't think it looks bad at all and i would love to have my waitlist convert for that one. this is the last i will say about the BS BD. (bait and switch battle damaged) :lol

Don't worry guys. That was just the Mark VII with the BD parts, not the actual BD Mark VII Promo edition. I was disappointed to when I saw it wasn't actually the BD Mark VII.

I was impressed with the chitarui base though, surprisingly.

Seeing this only makes me even more excited for the BD Promo Edition.

But how do you know for sure? The rib pieces? They could be a new addition to the BD set, the regular set had new elements too. It's 100% a repaint. Not stock MKVII with BD parts.

I hope that isn't the production version as it looks piss poor. Comparing these pics to the proto pics, I would say almost certainly that the base is from the proto and is not
production (I would be very impressed if it was). Strange they would mix and match a prototype quality base with a stand in figure (unless the actual product pics were photoshoped to death and it doesn't exist as a real figure..yet).

:dunno

Last edited:
the prudent position would be to wait and see EXACTLY what MVII BD will be released yet several in the thread think that is the wrong thing to do. sounds like their hopes are outweighing their common sense. and they call me a dreamer. in REALITY, no one knows what is going to be released until collectors have it in-hand. i prefer reality. would it be so bad to receive the BD pictured? i don't think it looks bad at all and i would love to have my waitlist convert for that one. this is the last i will say about the BS BD. (bait and switch battle damaged) :lol

In reality, HT has released 190+ figures and has never done what you're proposing is possible, "bait and switch". There is no history that shows HT does this. And please don't suggest tweaking a HS or changing an accessory is the same as what you're suggesting. You're welcome to think what you want, especially since you don't have this on PO and may still be a little bitter about that, but this was shown several other times at several different cons and events.

While I would suggest that the safest bet would be to ease down and wait for in-hand pics, I can't help but agree that the product pics do look heavily PS'ed now that Rorywan hinted so. :gah:

Do we have pics of it displayed elsewhere than SDCC '13?

well this are pictures i took when the figure was in singapore

DSC02266_zps9b4c6dc1.jpg

DSC02267_zpsf9cbd7cf.jpg

DSC02268_zps3370148f.jpg

DSC02344_zps2feab92b.jpg

so I wouldn't worry too much

In reality, HT has released 190+ figures and has never done what you're proposing is possible, "bait and switch". There is no history that shows HT does this. And please don't suggest tweaking a HS or changing an accessory is the same as what you're suggesting. You're welcome to think what you want, especially since you don't have this on PO and may still be a little bitter about that, but this was shown several other times at several different cons and events.

so you're saying that every release looks like the prototype? the headsculpt is probably a MAJOR factor in someone buying a figure in the first place. exclude that? LOL i would say more releases do not resemble the prototype than do. as far as being bitter, that is as incorrect as someone can be. i have many, many iron man figures from hot toys. if my waitlist converts or if it doesn't, i will still have many, many iron man figures. but just to let you know, the last person that said his waitlist converted ordered less than 30 minutes before me. there is a very good chance mine will convert. may i then express my opinion?

so you're saying that every release looks like the prototype? the headsculpt is probably a MAJOR factor in someone buying a figure in the first place. exclude that? LOL i would say more releases do not resemble the prototype than do. as far as being bitter, that is as incorrect as someone can be. i have many, many iron man figures from hot toys. if my waitlist converts or if it doesn't, i will still have many, many iron man figures. but just to let you know, the last person that said his waitlist converted ordered less than 30 minutes before me. there is a very good chance mine will convert. may i then express my opinion?

He's saying slight variations from proto to mass production are to be expected and that isn't a bait and switch. It's pretty simple to comprehend actually. I mean, in your opinion, the excellent changes to the 1/4 Batman shouldn't happen because it doesn't look like the proto and thus we are not getting what we were promised. It's gonna look like the proto. Stop complaining about what was shown at SDCC, it isn't indicative of the final product.

He's saying slight variations from proto to mass production are to be expected and that isn't a bait and switch. It's pretty simple to comprehend actually. I mean, in your opinion, the excellent changes to the 1/4 Batman shouldn't happen because it doesn't look like the proto and thus we are not getting what we were promised. It's gonna look like the proto. Stop complaining about what was shown at SDCC, it isn't indicative of the final product.

I don't understand why so many people complain about the figures? The manufactures are trying to cram so much detail into these things that something is going to to be left out, we should be so Lucky to have these figures the way they look, and in the end, they are just toys enjoy them!

i'm saying that's why the disclaimer is put there and no one knows what any final product will be. those just may be pics of a mash up MVII...or not. time will tell. i like it anyway. as far as adding extra accessories or a definitively better sculpt, who wouldn't want a better product than what they first purchased? it's when the product is definitively worse that collectors have a problem with for the money they've spent.

But how do you know for sure? The rib pieces? They could be a new addition to the BD set, the regular set had new elements too. It's 100% a repaint. Not stock MKVII with BD parts.

I hope that isn't the production version as it looks piss poor. Comparing these pics to the proto pics, I would say almost certainly that the base is from the proto and is not
production (I would be very impressed if it was). Strange they would mix and match a prototype quality base with a stand in figure (unless the actual product pics were photoshoped to death and it doesn't exist as a real figure..yet).

:dunno

I'm just thinking the prototypes shown elsewhere (as shown above in the images from singapore) will be a really good idea what the Mark VII BD Version will look like.

What's all this talk about a "BAIT AND SWITCH"? Are we getting a BD MKVII or is it going to be some other MK version Battle Damaged? I'd like to know ASAP because if someone (Hot Toys) is trying to pull a fast one, I want to cancel my waitlist for the BD MKVII now.

Back