Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wondered why they went so easy on the damage details on VII regular version.
Now I know why... they've already thought this out from the beginning.

Not sure if I want this one as I'm getting a VII regular version, depending on the price and availability I guess.

And everyone can have their opinion about anything. Thats why this forum and all forums exist.

But when members start crying, MY WALLET IS EMPTY or HOW CAN THEY DO THIS US. :slap:thwak:thwak:thwak:

To me this is encouraging. Maybe this means they will make some IM MMS in plastic
To be honest, if you're worrying about paying too much for a figure in this line, you're in the wrong hobby. :lol

Rising prices suck but this has never been a cheap hobby to begin with.

I think this will be the final plastic MMS. This was in production around the same time as the original Mark VII while they plan on moving towards all Diecast now.

Same.

Did HT give a statement like that, or is it mostly speculation?

Was said in a interview with Howard. He said there wouldn't really be anymore NEW Mark Suits in plastics.

The interview is in one of these Iron Man threads. Too many pages to go through it all and find it.

Pre-order tomorrow with shipping at the same time as regular Mark VII according to Sideshow's FB! :yess:

3q9gqy.jpg

Was said in a interview with Howard. He said there wouldn't really be anymore NEW Mark Suits in plastics.

The interview is in one of these Iron Man threads. Too many pages to go through it all and find it.

I'm sure that would never happen...too big of a market to give up.

I'm sure that would never happen...too big of a market to give up.

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie - If they're all this $300 diecast from here on out, I'm probably gonna throw in the towel... Just can't justify spending that much on one figure.

I think you may have misread something or someone didn't translate properly. There hasn't been an 100% confirmation that no more ALL plastic MMS figure would be made. Not by Howard, OMG or anyone.

Thats been a sticking point on 3 or 4 threads.

Ah. Well, it does seem unlikely that HT would stop making plastic figures entirely.

April Fools!
2019501609_75378_TrollFace_answer_1_small.png

Doesn't count, April Fools was 2 days ago. :wink1:

Actually, the more I look at it, the more I realize that this is simply the same figure, with the original Mark VII battle damage plates attached, only with a more weathered paint job and a new extra head and repulsor hands.

It's much less of a 2.0 than it is a simple repaint with a couple new accessories.

534878_326188397504423_223611799_n.jpg

I really think it's just a repaint too with heavy PS. :D

I think you may have misread something or someone didn't translate properly. There hasn't been an 100% confirmation that no more ALL plastic MMS figure would be made. Not by Howard, OMG or anyone.

Thats been a sticking point on 3 or 4 threads.
It may have been a bit of a mistranslation but it's not something that's out if proportion. Mark VII is $250 and Diecast is $300. I don't think they will make a plastic one that is $280 or some what in the middle when everyone is munching down on the Diecast line.

Can happen but they're making money with the Diecast line so why not just continue charging $310 for a figure and have people cornered into buying it?

Actually, the more I look at it, the more I realize that this is simply the same figure, with the original Mark VII battle damage plates attached, only with a more weathered paint job and a new extra head and repulsor hands.

It's much less of a 2.0 than it is a simple repaint with a couple new accessories.

534878_326188397504423_223611799_n.jpg

Umm can someone explain why both suits look different if both are Mark VII?

It may have been a bit of a mistranslation but it's not something that's out if proportion. Mark VII is $250 and Diecast is $300. I don't think they will make a plastic one that is $280 or some what in the middle when everyone is munching down on the Diecast line.

Can happen but they're making money with the Diecast line so why not just continue charging $310 for a figure and have people cornered into buying it?

I agree with all that.

I was simply stating that there has not been a 100% confirmation from HT that they will never make a plastic MMS again. And the BD Mark VII could be the last, but it is not diecast. Who knows what they'll do.

Back