1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Would be nice if they were in scale to other HT figures tho. Reeve is stated as being 6'4" in the movie, as well as being that size in real life. Since Cavil never mentions his height, I can life with some creative license and he doesn't need to be scaled to 6'1", but he shouldn't be taller than Reeve.

I agree with this. I guess we won't be able to display him right next to Reeve. Kinda keep them separated. Then it will be less noticeable.

So according to the internet -

Russell Crowe is 5'-11" = 1.8 meters.
Clark Gregg is 5'-9" = 1.75 meters.
Henry Carvil is 6'-1" = 1.85 meters.

In 1/6, they will be 300mm, 292mm, and 308mm approx.

Jor-El, as he stand right now, is 308mm tall (with legs spread a little.) In scale, Superman should be about 316mm tall. 330 seems to be a bit much.....

As a useless point of reference, Jor El is just a hair shorter than CR Superman...

So would I be right to assume that OMG's pics will be up when this gets released tomorrow?

Especially considering the fact that, in real life, CR Superman is 6'4"; 3" taller than Cavill. Way to go, Howard.:slap

So would I be right to assume that OMG's pics will be up when this gets released tomorrow?

It's already Wednesday in Hong Kong. Almost 10 AM to be exact.

OMG's posted his last 2 picture threads around 10:30 PM PST so if that's anything to go by, we should be getting pictures in like 4-5 hours.

Yeah I'm not crazy about the height myself but I suppose I would prefer he be to tall to the alternative. The first avengers captain america comes to mind. He always looked ridiculous posed next to my other figures b/c he was way to short, and the extra long ankle pegs made his legs look proportionally to big for his body.

:exactly::exactly:

I'm new here and the excitement for this reveal is getting me pumped. Man of Steel was awesome and I've been toying with the idea of getting some Hot Toys figures for a while. So I'm jumping in with Superman and Jor-El. Might even pick up the Reeve Superman at my local comic shop, too, but that's only if it's still there when I finally recoup my money after these first buys. Can't wait to see the finished pics with everyone!

I'm new here and the excitement for this reveal is getting me pumped. Man of Steel was awesome and I've been toying with the idea of getting some Hot Toys figures for a while. So I'm jumping in with Superman and Jor-El. Might even pick up the Reeve Superman at my local comic shop, too, but that's only if it's still there when I finally recoup my money after these first buys. Can't wait to see the finished pics with everyone!

I'm new too and I started with the Sideshow Boba but this will be my first Hot Toys. I'm pumped! Are you collecting any of the promo word rewards? I've already gotten $65.00 in free points in the last ten days.

I'm new too and I started with the Sideshow Boba but this will be my first Hot Toys. I'm pumped! Are you collecting any of the promo word rewards? I've already gotten $65.00 in free points in the last ten days.
wait how did you do get free points?

Sideshow has been giving out free points, I don't think you can combine them though.

They made snake eyes and roadblock the same height so I have no faith in ther scaling system.

wait how did you do get free points?

Follow Sideshow on Facebook and Twitter and they've been giving away promo words worth 100 points once or twice a day. Go to the gift page and there's a spot for promo word. I think there's one active now. Word is DCEMBER.

Sideshow has been giving out free points, I don't think you can combine them though.

The points just add to your balance of reward points. The important thing to remember is that you can't earn and use points on the same order so it's key to do the math on which is better for you.

I can't wait for these pics of Supes! I'm placing my preorder imminently if they look awesome.

1526806_564370283637509_1661606063_n.jpg

Dammit! There goes my plan of having superman and dx12 standing next to each other.

I'm stoked for this...BUT I'm pissed that they made him so effin tall. Wth HT??

Back