1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great! Where did you get that base full of skulls? Perfect base for this figure.

This is what I would like to know as well. Haha. The skull base makes this figure absolutely perfect.

I personally would put him in a pose using the hands with the fingers spread and outstretched, looking straight down as far as he can. The way he looked in the film when he realized he was standing on the mountain of skulls representing the human race and was about to start sinking down into them.

Damn SilverStar17. That's what I was going to do. LoL! I'm not finished with it yet. N the base I got off a guy on eBay. Kinda pricy but this base is much needed in my opinion.

Caption this!

sbCZoE.jpg

Damn SilverStar17. That's what I was going to do. LoL! I'm not finished with it yet. N the base I got off a guy on eBay. Kinda pricy but this base is much needed in my opinion.

That's awesome! I agree, I do think that base is a must with this figure. A regular U-shaped stand or even painting the glyph base that the figure comes with wouldn't do it justice.

Would you be able to put him in that pose and take a picture or two of it? I'd love to see what it looks like in that pose on that base.

Great job!

Caption this!

sbCZoE.jpg

Kal: (To Zod) "Hey we had a deal bro!"

Gamora: "What happened?"

Kal: "Um...this guy just backed out of a deal on me. Said he'd spare Earth if I surrendered myself. Now it's up to me to save them all. If there's one thing I hate, it's a man without integrity. Kal. But people call me Clark."

Gamora: "You have the bearing of a man of honor."

Kal: "Actually, I think of myself as having the bearing of a man of hope."

Took some new shots of this guy today, I find he seems to demand his own shelf, no one ever looks right standing next to him, I'll see if maybe Arkham Batman can hang when I get him

19367177005_ed09e1019b_b.jpg

19361054202_5a9c5beb51_b.jpg

19180992769_dd37130a00_b.jpg

Last edited:
Those are GREAT pics, Skull!

This is honestly one of Hot Toys' very best out of the box figures from the insane head sculpt, to the suit, to the awesome new custom body. I have to say it, though, now that we've seen SO many examples of owners doing great jobs on the collar/neck mods, the stock figure looks like he's being strangled by the suit...but that may just be me...

Kal: (To Zod) "Hey we had a deal bro!"

Gamora: "What happened?"

Kal: "Um...this guy just backed out of a deal on me. Said he'd spare Earth if I surrendered myself. Now it's up to me to save them all. If there's one thing I hate, it's a man without integrity. Kal. But people call me Clark."

Gamora: "You have the bearing of a man of honor."

Kal: "Actually, I think of myself as having the bearing of a man of hope."

Superman: Crap...I hope she's not Green cause of Kryptonite. .
Please be Avocado Girl or Martian Girl or something...

:clap:clap.
MOAR!

Those are GREAT pics, Skull!

This is honestly one of Hot Toys' very best out of the box figures from the insane head sculpt, to the suit, to the awesome new custom body. I have to say it, though, now that we've seen SO many examples of owners doing great jobs on the collar/neck mods, the stock figure looks like he's being strangled by the suit...but that may just be me...

Thanks very much for the compliment:)

As for the mod I agree that it helps to make it look more movie accurate and looks great, but personally my collecting habits stop me from doing it, I tend to keep my figures "stock/mint" just a personal preference, I'm also very happy with the way he looks right out of the box. I also agree that hot toys knocked it out of the park, how it stayed in stock so long I'll never know:dunno

Understood, Skull. I tend to agree with you, if for no other reason than I've always been far to AFRAID to try any of this hocus pocus on my multi-hundred dollar collectors trophies! But since Supes is my favorite hero, this one was a little more personal for me. Customization "felt right". And once I saw Emarae's and Stewart Murray's brother's before and after shots, my breath was taken away by the quality and sheer AWESOME of the transformation. A great figure became on of the best I'd ever seen. I was all in at that point, and never looked back. My Supes now the "Full Mei". Tony Mei custom collar, Tony Mei scustom cape (Superior version!). Easily my most prized HT piece. Although the awesomeness that is the Rocket/Groot 2-pack is bumping up on his six!

Cheers!

Congrats indeed, this is one of HT best.

He does look really good though with a General Zod and a Jor-El flanking him on either side. Just saying. :)

Does Tony Mei Still sell Capes for Man of Steel?

Edit*
he responded to my email this morning , appears he is still at it :) , getting one really soon

Back