1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Some spoiler talk ahead. Avoid if you haven't seen the movie.

An aside before i begin is to point out that an incredibly large portion of the city was destroyed by the graviton effects of the planet engine.
I know there was a lot of destruction, but this happens in almost every Superman storyline(This aspect of Superhumans was famously lampooned, very successfully in The Incredibles).
Also, i applaud you on your fine command of the english language.
Well done.
About the TT i talked about, it is correctly pointed out above that it is Superboy that possesses this power in New52, NOT Superman, but the most famous usage of the TT power was in Chronicle. Although Superman doesn't have Telekinesis in the true sense, it's a localised field, that not only is capable of lifting him, but objects around him.
Below are a couple of clips i uploaded to show it.
First one has the snow particles and rocks spiraling up around his hand as he prepares to harness his flight(If left the clip a bit longer than i needed to. I just love the extended flight sequence). If anyone can give me an alternative to a localised TT field around him, i'd like to hear it..
Second one has Zod doing the same. Pay CLOSE attention to Zod's armoured gauntlet and other parts on the floor levitating.
It's a by-product of his flight. There's really no other way to see it.
Superman:

Zod:

The field or Aura is the same reason given why Flash can run at top speed while carrying someone, and their bones not shatter. Superman, I believe in Mark Waid's run on J, is said to posess the same thing. The biggest difference between TT and Superman's aura. His body is still invincible to most things. His body has become invincible. Superboy who uses TT can be burned by fire should he overuse his TT and exhaust himself.

The field or Aura is the same reason given why Flash can run at top speed while carrying someone, and their bones not shatter. Superman, I believe in Mark Waid's run on J, is said to posess the same thing. The biggest difference between TT and Superman's aura. His body is still invincible to most things. His body has become invincible. Superboy who uses TT can be burned by fire should he overuse his TT and exhaust himself.

For sure. It's not a perfect theory. But it fits what we saw.

For sure. It's not a perfect theory. But it fits what we saw.

I agree, I caught Zod's gauntlet floating the second time I saw it. I figured they were adopting this rationale. And again, I love how they took so much from Superman lore. Especially Earth One and Birthright.

I agree, I caught Zod's gauntlet floating the second time I saw it. I figured they were adopting this rationale. And again, I love how they took so much from Superman lore. Especially Earth One and Birthright.

It's great when you pick up on something you recognise from a comic and you *know* the writers took time to add a pinch of this and a dash of that, to make the story more complex.
A casual viewer will enjoy it, but a FAN will love the little touches.

....so, to recap: since MoS is not the perfect movie, its basically worthless.

Despite the fact that all this "worthlessness" is entirely subjective to the person making the complaint - no. It must be all things to all possible viewers, or it is worth nothing.

I look forward to applying this scale to the next Batman film.

I am also tired, so tired of Morgan Freeman being in every last thing onscreen, and I hope he stays OUT of MoS. That is all, so saith I.

The Flash's powers are completely different. The "speed force" is used to explain DC Universe speedsters.

Don't think anyone said it was worthless.

People who have problems with it have been just mentioning the humanity of it (or lack of) was the problem. Too much big boom destruction if favor of it.

To put it harshly, Snyder tends to treat the audience like mindless teenage boys.

yes I know they are, that's why its refreshing to NOT see it ran into the ground in MoS, like it almost always is everywhere else. They went there and moved on... yay

Oh ok. yes I agree. they did the origin perfectly IMO. :)

Well done.

:1-1:

The most famous usage of the TT power was in Chronicle.

Oh, boy. Now you've done it.

tetsou_arm_gone.jpg

The TT thing works for me. I guess I was just expecting Goyer and Nolan to verbalize a contrivance for their main character, as they have historically done, seeing as how, unlike laser vision, the ability to fly was not seemingly an inherent Kryptonian trait. Earth's weaker gravity accounted for long-distance jumping, as Faora demonstrated, but when it came to flight, the plot appeared to chalk it up to Kal's willpower. Zod's floating gauntlet initially informed me only that whatever trait had activated within Kal had so, too, activated within Zod. But before your explanation, the clue of the gauntlet spoke little to a bona fide source of that trait. When my friend, who had seen the film opening night, hinted that Supes's ability to fly was anchored in interesting science, I got prematurely excited. Needless to say, I am no longer friends with that person. jk :lol Since Earth's artic regions have always seemed to be important locales in Superman's story, I had predicted that the ability to fly would have been correlated to magnetic polarity in some fashion. Nope. :lol

Last edited:

:1-1:

Oh, boy. Now you've done it.

tetsou_arm_gone.jpg

The TT thing works for me. I guess I was just expecting Goyer and Nolan to verbalize a contrivance for their main character, as they have historically done, seeing as how, unlike laser vision, the ability to fly was not seemingly an inherent Kryptonian trait. Earth's weaker gravity accounted for long-distance jumping, as Faora demonstrated, but when it came to flight, the plot appeared to chalk it up to Kal's willpower. Zod's floating gauntlet initially informed me only that whatever trait had activated within Kal had so, too, activated within Zod. But before your explanation, the clue of the gauntlet spoke little to a bona fide source of that trait. When my friend, who had seen the film opening night, hinted that Supes's ability to fly was anchored in interesting science, I got prematurely excited. Needless to say, I am no longer friends with that person. jk :lol Since Earth's artic regions have always seemed to be important locals in Superman's story, I had predicted that his ability to fly would have been correlated to magnetic polarity in some fashion. Nope. :lol

Sorry about not mentioning Akira. I wrote *most famous*, and meant "most recent" when referring to Chronicle...
As for the flying, i think the TT explains it away nicely. Even just those two hints points the way that there's an inherent field at work.
And it works for me!

So, I gotta ask. What was wrong with the character development or love interests in Batman and Batman Returns? How are those two lesser than Man of Steel?

Oh I think we both know any response I make to you would be a waste of time for both of us. ;)

Don't think anyone said it was worthless.

People who have problems with it have been just mentioning the humanity of it (or lack of) was the problem. Too much big boom destruction if favor of it.

To put it harshly, Snyder tends to treat the audience like mindless teenage boys.

All that was missing for me was superman finally feeling like he belonged. It was a little thwarted by all the destruction and then the abrupt end. But I give it a break because it will probably be addressed in the second movie.

Sorry about not mentioning Akira. I wrote *most famous*, and meant "most recent" when referring to Chronicle...
As for the flying, i think the TT explains it away nicely. Even just those two hints points the way that there's an inherent field at work.
And it works for me!

Missed the Zod scene completely. The TT usage is a great nod to comic fans.

Oh I think we both know any response I make to you would be a waste of time for both of us. ;)

You need to watch T2: Judgement Day and '89 Batman again. Deep down inside, YOU LOVE THEM! YOU NEED THEM.

Seriously though, how long has it been since you've seen em. A year? A couple of years? A decade?

I imagine this post might make me sound arrogant. :( Sad Panda is sad.

"s' " is solely for plural-possessive usage. The "s" does not denote more than one "Leonida;" the letter is part of the proper noun.

Superman: "It's not an --"
Femtech: "THIS ONE IS AN 'S'!"
Superman: "..."
Femtech: "..."
Superman: "Where I come from..."
Femtech: "AAAAH!"

"Leonidas" is singular, so "Leonidas's" is the only correct way to literarily convey the-man-to-whom-the-name-belongs's ownership of something (see what I did there?). Any other way of writing it is entirely attributable to the seduction of popular misusage. This is akin to how too many people say, for example, "there's problems" instead of "there're problems."

https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.or...es.html?old=PossessivesandAttributives01.html

;)

re: the Chris Reeve easter egg, I saw some screen caps of it online after I'd seen the movie and I wasn't too sure about it, but when I saw the movie the second time it was pretty convincing. I was hoping to hear even the slightest nod to Williams' score in there somewhere, but was obviously let down :(

Anyway, looking forward to getting my MOS figure around the release of MOS2 :D

Last edited:

https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.or...es.html?old=PossessivesandAttributives01.html

;)

re: the Chris Reeve easter egg, I saw some screen caps of it online after I'd seen the movie and I wasn't too sure about it, but when I saw the movie the second time it was pretty convincing. I was hoping to hear even the slightest nod to Williams' score in there somewhere, but was obviously let down :(

Anyway, looking forward to getting my MOS figure around the release of MOS2 :D

The Christopher Reeve easter egg isn't real. It's amazing to me how some people think that the film makers would actually spend time doing something like that. :lol

It's great when you pick up on something you recognise from a comic and you *know* the writers took time to add a pinch of this and a dash of that, to make the story more complex.
A casual viewer will enjoy it, but a FAN will love the little touches.

I re-read All Star Superman and noticed Jor-El's "ideal to strive towards" quote in there. Thought that was sweet.

Seeing it again tomorrow!

leonard-dicaprio-dancing-1.gif

Back