1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It got a whole lot worse. :lol

I now have a very battle damaged Harley.

Grabbing her waist as recommended to pull the boots off, her knees decided to come out of their sockets instead taking the stockings with them.

One ripped down the seam in a couple of places, and the other separated completely below the knee.

To satisfy my OCD this gives me the excuse to buy another Harley. I always liked the idea of displaying one with the jacket on, and one off.

The one I have is the 'Special Edition', so a regular from Sideshow will do for me.

Oh crap....you were supposed to hold her by her lower leg so the fishnets don't rip. OMG. Twist first then pull the boots off! That was the exclusive?! Double crap...OMG! Now I have to take my meds...The worst for me was her ponytail separated from the ball joint. Had to pull ball joint out with tweezers and superglue it back to ponytail with colored hair bungee and finally pop it back into her head. She is all better now. Mommy takes good care of you....yes, she does.

Oh crap....you were supposed to hold her by her lower leg so the fishnets don't rip. OMG. Twist first then pull the boots off! That was the exclusive?! Double crap...OMG! Now I have to take my meds...The worst for me was her ponytail separated from the ball joint. Had to pull ball joint out with tweezers and superglue it back to ponytail with colored hair bungee and finally pop it back into her head. She is all better now. Mommy takes good care of you....yes, she does.

Well, recommendations were not to touch the stockings at all.

With a perfect regular Harley I'll have a perfect Exclusive again.

And this one can be the battle damaged version.

Next time I'll make sure the boots are properly warmed first.

It got a whole lot worse. :lol...

Grabbing her waist as recommended to pull the boots off, her knees decided to come out of their sockets instead taking the stockings with them.

One ripped down the seam in a couple of places, and the other separated completely below the knee.

Ohh man... so sorry dude :(

yea.. sometimes I have noticed they can warn you about one thing and unintentionally create another problem by trying to hard to avoid it.

That's true, you are taking this in stride incredibly well.

..or maybe you can part her out?

Oh crap....you were supposed to hold her by her lower leg so the fishnets don't rip. OMG.

I disagree with you on this approach as you should not touch the stockings at all, since they rip easily. Nevertheless, glad you didn't have any problems doing it your way.

Twist first then pull the boots off! That was the exclusive?! Double crap...OMG!

Yes Kuat of Kuat you should do this first before trying to pull the boots off.

Now I have to take my meds...The worst for me was her ponytail separated from the ball joint. Had to pull ball joint out with tweezers and superglue it back to ponytail with colored hair bungee and finally pop it back into her head. She is all better now. Mommy takes good care of you....yes, she does.

Yeah I had that problem to, Sideshow offered me a $20 credit.

You shouldn't touch the stockings but your figure was already damaged, it should not have a hole that large in the left side of the stockings. You could have asked Sideshow for a replacement, but I did hear they ran out of bodies. Anyway I twisted the boots off like HarleyQuinn2014 suggested, I didn't just pull the boots, guess I should have been more clear when I mentioned that, but I thought it was obvious given how hard it is to take them off. I basically had to manipulate them by twisting and turning as well as pulling to get them off.

Next time I'll make sure the boots are properly warmed first.

So you won't have to take them off at all then?

Last edited:
Ohh man... so sorry dude :(

yea.. sometimes I have noticed they can warn you about one thing and unintentionally create another problem by trying to hard to avoid it.

That's true, you are taking this in stride incredibly well.

..or maybe you can part her out?

**** happens. :lol

Luckily it doesn't happen often. I think this is the first time anything like this has happened that wasn't repairable.

But as I said, on this costume rips aren't out of place.

I wouldn't part her out. Not now that I have the impetus to have two figures displayed.

Yes Kuat of Kuat you should do this first before trying to pull the boots off.

You shouldn't touch the stockings but your figure was already damaged, it should not have a hole that large in the left side of the stockings. You could have asked Sideshow for a replacement, but I did hear they ran out of bodies. Anyway I twisted the boots off like HarleyQuinn2014 suggested, I didn't just pull the boots, guess I should have been more clear when I mentioned that, but I thought it was obvious given how hard it is to take them off.

So you won't have to take them off at all then?

I got mine from Hong Kong, because that avoids inconveniences like 20% VAT.

When I saw the small hole over the left knee I didn't fancy going through a return process, and they don't have stock now anyway.

I held her by the body, but didn't twist the boots first. How does this help? I'm pretty sure they were regular looking ball joints.

Warming the boots with a hairdryer softens them and makes them easier to remove. I did that after both knees came out of their sockets.

I got mine from Hong Kong, because that avoids inconveniences like 20% VAT.

When I saw the small hole over the left knee I didn't fancy going through a return process, and they don't have stock now anyway.

Ok fair enough.

I held her by the body, but didn't twist the boots. How does this help? I'm pretty sure they were regular looking ball joints.

This is hard to explain, its not about twisting the boots per se, its about moving them around, as you are pulling them to get them off. Do you know what I mean?

Warming the boots with a hairdryer softens them and makes it easier to remove. I did that after both knees came out of their sockets.

I know this but the boots are really soft as they are, I mean how much more softer can you get they already bend just by squeezing them.

Question: if you can't/shouldn't touch the legs because of the stockings how does anyone pose the legs on this figure?

things-that-make-you-go-hmm.jpg

This is hard to explain, its not about twisting the boots per se, its about moving them around, as you are pulling them to get them off. Do you know what I mean?

I understand that now. You jiggle them off, rather than just pulling directly.

Darkavatar said:
I know this but the boots are really soft as they are, I mean how much more softer can you get they already bend just by squeezing them.

The boots on mine aren't that soft, they feel like normal plastic HT boots. So warming them helped. They were tight to push back on as well, so maybe a slightly different consistency of plastic. This may be a later batch as they only just got hold of them at KG Hobby.

I've ordered another one from Sideshow, just to satisfy my OCD: I have to have one example of her as she's meant to be!

The second one can be displayed without the jacket. Which will ensure no possibility of a perfect figure getting stained, in the eventuality that the jacket would do that to her body.

Question: if you can't/shouldn't touch the legs because of the stockings how does anyone pose the legs on this figure?

View attachment 366206

:lol

I think for posing its ok but you shouldn't hold them or put pressure on the legs while trying to pull off the boots because you could slip and rub them, thus, ripping the stocking.

I understand that now. You jiggle them off, rather than just pulling directly.

:exactly:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The boots on mine aren't that soft, they feel like normal plastic HT boots. So warming them helped. They were tight to push back on as well, so maybe a slightly different consistency of plastic. This may be a later batch as they only just got hold of them at KG Hobby.

Yeah that's really strange mine are very rubbery, if I take them off I can squeeze them. Well glad you got it to work out for you. So will you do the same for your next Harley?

Yeah that's really strange mine are very rubbery, if I take them off I can squeeze them. Well glad you got it to work out for you. So will you do the same for your next Harley?

I'll see what the boots are like on the next one.

Maybe a bit of heat to go with the jiggle to be on the safe side. :lol

I know I'm going to be terrified to attempt this manoeuvre again. :panic:

why do the boots need to come off? To remove packaging material?

Yes, HT put plastic over the stockings to prevent the stockings, which are glued to the legs, sticking to the boots.

There's plastic everywhere on this figure.

View attachment 366206

Stockings only tear if you pull on them a bit hard. I am able to manipulate her legs just fine barehanded into poses. You just have to make sure to even out the folds in her stockings and leave some slack so they are not under a lot of tension. Stockings have pretty good structural integrity. I don't know about other person's experience but mine don't rip even adjusting them up and down to look smooth.

Oh lord.

*eye twitches*

Going to reiterate what's been said before... have to twist them on and off slowly. Can't force her like on prom night. :horror

Oh lord.

*eye twitches*

Going to reiterate what's been said before... have to twist them on and off slowly. Can't force her like on prom night. :horror

WTF. You raped your prom date?

I'd give the benefit of the doubt that the comment was just a poor attempt at humor. With that said, I think perpetuating this kind of "joke" just perpetuates the normalization of rape culture and isn't appropriate in the forum, or anywhere really.

Yes, HT put plastic over the stockings to prevent the stockings, which are glued to the legs, sticking to the boots.

There's plastic everywhere on this figure.

Yea... removing packaging material around figures has sometimes makes me nervous. I don't like feeling I might break something just trying to get it out of the box and removing the protective packaging.

Not apologizing for a pretty harmless joke. But thanks for the typical SJW freakout of a reaction. Besides, we all know boys try to coerce sex after prom. It's pretty common cultural knowledge.

Back on the actual topic, Hot Toys is starting to turn their "safeguard measures" of packing into collateral damage for some unsuspecting collectors. The Wonder Woman neck issue that a few here posted about comes to mind.

Not apologizing for a pretty harmless joke. But thanks for the typical SJW freakout of a reaction. Besides, we all know boys try to coerce sex after prom. It's pretty common cultural knowledge.

gotcha... congratulations on your "cultural knowledge". Oh, and nice deflection by the way trying to categorize my reply as a "freak out". :rotfl

I bet he complains about the loss of the pervasive rapey vibe when riding Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland.

Back