1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would imagine this taking so long to release has something to do with having to make 3000 Batman's on top of other figures scheduled for release this year. I'm sure HT has a schedule. Not to mention the cape, breathing accessory, base and box are all new items. which need tooling, planning etc.

Obviously I could be wrong but I assume a large part of the wait is just due to them having to schedule time in the factory months in advance for each specific figure. Also there's absolutely zero incentive for HT to change anything other than the advertised new cape. They've already sold them all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think this is it. This and I don't think they were going to bother with doing him at all.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Is it safe to assume if you missed out on these pre-orders the only way to get it is on the after market? Anyone have an idea what the last run kinda hovered around and if these will be any different?

Obviously I could be wrong but I assume a large part of the wait is just due to them having to schedule time in the factory months in advance for each specific figure. Also there's absolutely zero incentive for HT to change anything other than the advertised new cape. They've already sold them all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just hope that it goes to the same subcontractor as the BvS batch. I don't want SS Batman to suddenly have sticky suits or brittle ankle pegs, and that's just a few of the "changes" that could possibly happen which we couldn't tell by just looking at the figure :)

needless to say,after bvs regular batman,joker imposter batman,count me in on this one lol,
i have to get it simply for that awesome suit! i so hope hot toys will give us a quarter scale some day!

I mean: i dont think that this figure need to be a Limited version because its almost the same as the BVS version

It's limited because (i assume) their production abilities are limited. Also it's limited to drain more attention which worked very well. I'm an example myself.

I mean: i dont think that this figure need to be a Limited version because its almost the same as the BVS version

I think that is why it is limited. Because it's like 90% a re-use of the BvS parts. They know the demand for the BvS version is high but they really want to make sure it would sell. Even those who already have the previous release are more inclined to buy when you say "EX" and "LIMITED to ____ PIECES WORLDWIDE". Take those details off and you'd get the ire of most BvS Batman owners instead.

This is also why Iron Man suits that are mostly repaints are made as Exclusives (even if that's how it is on film) -- to entice more people to double-dip.

I'm thinking a Justice League version is imminent and probably coming soon since they announced they were officially doing that line, so that could be another reason. I'm probably gonna pass on it for that reason, as much as I want a dynamic stand and poseable cape, but I don't really know how strong those wires are, might not look as good as in the photos.... so leaning towards a pass. If anything, might try to pick up the stand and cowl/cape if parted out, but that might not happen given how limited it is.

I'm thinking a Justice League version is imminent and probably coming soon since they announced they were officially doing that line, so that could be another reason. I'm probably gonna pass on it for that reason, as much as I want a dynamic stand and poseable cape, but I don't really know how strong those wires are, might not look as good as in the photos.... so leaning towards a pass. If anything, might try to pick up the stand and cowl/cape if parted out, but that might not happen given how limited it is.

If you're looking for strong wires the unreal toys wired cape looks perfect. If you look at Dean Knight's review he gets it in some pretty epic poses, had no trouble holding them.

I'm thinking a Justice League version is imminent and probably coming soon since they announced they were officially doing that line, so that could be another reason.
I think this is true. The BvS figure is in huge demand now, but collectors are fickle, and tend to go after the newest, shiniest object. We'll get, at least, 2 new Batmen from the JL movie alone, plus possibly more figures from cameos he may have in other movies, and then the Batman movie itself if it gets off the ground, from which I suspect we'll have multiple variants. To invest in production for too many of these when the JL suits are already being shown off could lead to a loss from HT. So, a relatively limited capitalization on the design's popularity at this point in time is probably a good move.

May have been asked already, but does anyone think they will fix the rather large backside issue on the new one?
I wouldn't expect any major changes/upgrades to the stock figure beyond the wired cape.

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum. I just got on the waitlist for this guy about 30 mins ago. Do you all think I have a good chance at getting a conversion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum. I just got on the waitlist for this guy about 30 mins ago. Do you all think I have a good chance at getting a conversion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say no. There might be some conversions, but for those for jumped on the waitlist sooner.

My first thought is probably not since it's a limited run, but you never know.... I'm sure they have a lot of people bail.

Back