1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was away at the auto show. Did I miss anything?
Who won the better human being battle. Donald Trump or Mel Gibson.
Ask yourself this question if a family member was in danger and you had to depend on one of these two "gentlemen" to save them.
Who would you pick?

This is in no way a political question.
This is just a judgement call you have to make based on their past and present actions.
Call it a sociology experiment.

Oh yeah I think we will get exactly the same figure as advertised in the Hot Toys SS Batman pics.
They might throw in something extra like "batcuffs" I am hoping or refine the suit a little bit more.

Family Weekend in Canada YAHOOOOO!

16681909_1385332458184420_166870107683118722_n.jpg

Sealed my order earlier by paying my NRD. The branch where I made my order only had 12 slots, not sure how much their other branches had but it's possible our distributor got no more than a 100-unit allocation.

I wouldn't mind if we'd get the very same base figure as the BvS version, and hopefully as free of QC issues too.

I hesitated a bit before pre ordering this guy a few minutes after it went up. I really hope we do see a few more differences between this and the BVS one. I got the regular BVS version and I love it. Gotta admit the wired cape is what got me to drop on the NRD straight away. Only now I do hope we get just a little more from this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mel Gibson would save us all.

Eric Cartman would agree with you.:)

Could you imagine if your family was kidnapped and you went to Donald for help.
"Not only would I get your family back. I would make the kidnappers pay the ransom" :rotfl

Gibson would try to negotiate peacefully then maybe offer to pay the ransom.
If that fails he would probably drink read the bible and then go old testament on their asses.

I hesitated a bit before pre ordering this guy a few minutes after it went up. I really hope we do see a few more differences between this and the BVS one. I got the regular BVS version and I love it. Gotta admit the wired cape is what got me to drop on the NRD straight away. Only now I do hope we get just a little more from this one.

You won't. I bought it too.

Yeah saw that. Not a fan of the damn straps on it, but kind of a cool concept. The justice league suits in general have grown on me a lot since they were revealed though.

cdc024fbf66ae7ca5a1d686e0b43b365.jpg
y

Yeah straps are weird. Maybe we have to see it in action i dunno

is this figure it worth to be a limited edition? and for that price?
I think the price is sure to go up, if that's your measuring stick.
I do not. I have a...complicated relationship with Suicide Squad, which has left me on the fence about this one, not to mention the fact that, even though I don't have the BvS version, I still kind of hold out hope that I might be able to one day get the version with the tech cowl and Sniper rifle, and getting this one would kind of eliminate that possibility.[emoji38]
I was in the same boat. Not a big fan of the movie. Skipped the bvs version altogether because of my disdain of that film. But I have enjoyed Batfleck in both films. And after seeing the designs from JL, I have no real interest in a figure of either of those suits. So. . .rate things are going, this may be the best Batfleck suit we get. And he definitely looks fantastic. On par with the Begins suit, which Hot Toys never fully did justice despite 3 attempts. This will look nice on display.

cdc024fbf66ae7ca5a1d686e0b43b365.jpg
y

Yeah straps are weird. Maybe we have to see it in action i dunno

Only thing im liking is the batshades but still feels like watchman batman by neca release. I'll be happy with rebreather version.

I was away at the auto show. Did I miss anything?
Who won the better human being battle. Donald Trump or Mel Gibson.
Ask yourself this question if a family member was in danger and you had to depend on one of these two "gentlemen" to save them.
Who would you pick?

This is in no way a political question.
This is just a judgement call you have to make based on their past and present actions.
Call it a sociology experiment.

Oh yeah I think we will get exactly the same figure as advertised in the Hot Toys SS Batman pics.
They might throw in something extra like "batcuffs" I am hoping or refine the suit a little bit more.

Family Weekend in Canada YAHOOOOO!

neither. rather go down fighting than asking either of them to do anything. Plus T would just say my family in danger is a fake story.
lol.gif

Only thing im liking is the batshades but still feels like watchman batman by neca release. I'll be happy with rebreather version.

Firstly the statue's paint job isn't great – the suit in all the promo shots so far isn't so contrasted... the grey of the suit is too light. What I do like though is that is appears to be his standard suit with armour worn over it.
As for the shades –*i'm pretty sure they will serve a certain purpose and we've already seen in promo shots that he doesn't wear them like that all the time. At first I thought they were just for welding in, but they seem to be only for a certain scene/sequence in the movie – not a permanent feature.

neither. rather go down fighting than asking either of them to do anything. Plus T would just say my family in danger is a fake story.
lol.gif

:rotfl Ironic he calls everything fake news when he makes up so many stories himself.

So I have a question about this figure. Does it come with a background like the other SS figures? I'm sure it was displayed with one at SDCC last year. It would have been great to have got them with the BvS figures or some kind of diorama to stand Batman, Superman and WW in front of.

I notice on this new tactical suit he has no extra protection on his crotch like he did with the BvS armoured suit. :lol Seems a bit of an oversight.
Did they show the regular suit when they revealed these DC statues? Haven't been able to find it anywhere.

I am really starting to buy into my own theory that the promo pictures were just of the B v S Batman and the Suicide Squad one will actually be a different figure...not just the same figure with a new cape, faceplate, and stand...I cannot imagine why else there would be such a lengthy wait between pre-order and estimated release on this...maybe just trying to justify my need to order this even though I already have the other one...who knows...

Obviously I could be wrong but I assume a large part of the wait is just due to them having to schedule time in the factory months in advance for each specific figure. Also there's absolutely zero incentive for HT to change anything other than the advertised new cape. They've already sold them all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back