1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, it is a lighter suit for sure, and it appears instead of a yellow/gold tint it has a chrome/silver one instead. And actually, the body does seem to be bigger, definitely on the chest and stomach, it arches out a lot more and seems more accurate. But the cape is complete turd it looks, not how it looks in the films at all, doesn't act how it acts in the films at all, it bunches up a lot, looks like its been crinkled and just looks unflattering.

I think they've improved on the body and suit, but as far as the unique selling point of the figure being the cape... they failed big time.

The selling point for me for this would be the body, I think it is an improvement. Worth it for the body, not for the cape. If I could I'd let one of my BvS Batman's go and try to get this body and then a custom cape from Jaxon - I think this would be the best body and Jaxon's cape together would make the best Hot Toys BvS Batman.

Is it possible that the lighter colour of the suit helps to make the abs more pronounced?

To a certian degree it would, but if you have a BvS Batman, go to the last page and look at the profile of the figure. His back isn't arches but his stomach and chest have a huge curvature. There's definitely more bulk without a doubt, the BvS is a lot flatter, even when full arched backwards. In saying that they completely dropped the ball on bulking his thighs, now his chest/stomach ration to his thighs and waist look odd.

667d28b6d956308468e04f3137cba7f8.jpg
d7d2cb6f4ff63c82c74ac80241e2602b.jpg
fc3389cbe01c3a0d5236e1287566aae8.jpg
2382433c265ef82d1267ca7066fe59a4.jpg
6f8fc830b859fdc3590599e27bb3fd56.jpg
1f78658a8b7cde1ef5bd547b4b96e885.jpg
c2a113059537e5ff9dc09eab62d11cfa.jpg
012295217598f7760f2db3ac5d3dce31.jpg
e9e8e7d3f15624b784759269484176a9.jpg
62689ad62b60d6daa91b88755ddec273.jpg
3d9bd3b549abd2e2808e8fe3dc54f4f4.jpg
bde947b911b55fd4f97646ab83653978.jpg
a095dbcb5d16d2ff5abab9f284a2fb0e.jpg
b330f7ae51dc42c9d30c5899f0f2d046.jpg
26ae1d2b892b5b5477eef022cdf888bf.jpg

Please excuse the crappy iPhone pics. Iv literally had him out the box for 20mins, so no time to properly futz with him.
First thing is,
he is definitely a lighter grey with distinct highlights,
His muscles are only very slightly accentuated, but I had a few bvs batman and they differed with their muscles too
His belt is slightly lighter,
They fixed the tap covering the emblem by bending it in the middle the cape tucks up into a fold into it now-looks a lot better
The cape isn't as bad as I'd read the last person say,
Iv only played with it for 5mins and it's easy to pose, il spend more time this wkend with it and pose it properly.
It ha last weathering but it mostly has a lighter brownie hue about 2/3 off the way down

All in all better than expected, I was expecting any improvements on the body so I'm really happy with it, im gonna pose him with the sniper rifle and think he'll look great!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The suit does look much better on this version. A little frustrating as the SS wasn't available here and I'm not paying the import tax to get it from Sideshow.

The suit does look much better on this version. A little frustrating as the SS wasn't available here and I'm not paying the import tax to get it from Sideshow.

The suit does look slightly more screen accurate, the fact they fixed the cowl hitting the emblem is the biggest improvement.
But if you have the bvs one and couldn't get this one I wouldn't be too disappointed.
Still a great figure!
Now to hit eBay and sell the rebreather and suicide squad base

The box art on this is ugly in my opinion. Just doesn't work well for Batman, though I liked the similar design for the tuxedo Joker. The figure itself is nice though. I like the lighter suit with the dirty look. I think the cape on the first figure is nicer though, I like the drug through mud and dirt look it has. Also I personally was fine with the proportions on the first figure. Overall both are nice and I don't think this is a huge upgrade for those that have the first.

The box art on this is ugly in my opinion. Just doesn't work well for Batman, though I liked the similar design for the tuxedo Joker. The figure itself is nice though. I like the lighter suit with the dirty look. I think the cape on the first figure is nicer though, I like the drug through mud and dirt look it has. Also I personally was fine with the proportions on the first figure. Overall both are nice and I don't think this is a huge upgrade for those that have the first.

Yeah I agree the box art is properly odd for batman.
I preferred the torn and muddy cape look off the 1st one too-well my custom one I replaced it with, the wired cape sits better on the shoulders than the original bvs one but still bunches up because of the wire. But if I futz with it, I reckon it can be smoothed down and made to look better.
But yeah I agree if you got the bvs one there is no real need to be kicking urself if you couldn't get this

The suit does look slightly more screen accurate, the fact they fixed the cowl hitting the emblem is the biggest improvement.
But if you have the bvs one and couldn't get this one I wouldn't be too disappointed.
Still a great figure!
Now to hit eBay and sell the rebreather and suicide squad base

I still love the BvS figure don't get me wrong. Just wish it was as light as it should have been. Might be a long time before we get an on screen Bat suit like this again. I expect the next cinematic version of Batman to go back to the all black look sadly.

Anyway thank's for the pics, great to see them side by side. :)

I like the box art but I dont display the boxes they get stored so it could have been a plain white box it makes no difference to me.

I didn't realize this was an exclusive :dunno

I don't remember it saying that when I ordered before it sold out in record time

Hey Creasy does the cowl look brighter, every pic I've seen it seems a bit different

I didn't realize this was an exclusive :dunno

I don't remember it saying that when I ordered before it sold out in record time

Hey Creasy does the cowl look brighter, every pic I've seen it seems a bit different

The cowls the same exact same in colour, probably pops a bit more because of the lighter suit.
I don't think it was labelled an exclusive but on the official promo pics it was labelled as a limited edition.

This is the only cowl modification
03e689ff766bcb1e32ad692807a1da30.jpg

It's a good one though
Il take better pictures tomorrow

This is the only cowl modification
03e689ff766bcb1e32ad692807a1da30.jpg

It's a good one though
Il take better pictures tomorrow

I'll have to see this in hand when I get mine but although I appreciate that they fixed the overlapping the symbol problem I don't like how there is a gap between the cowl tab and the insignia

The front part of the cape is sticking up too much :slap

I'll have to see this in hand when I get mine but although I appreciate that they fixed the overlapping the symbol problem I don't like how there is a gap between the cowl tab and the insignia

The front part of the cape is sticking up too much :slap

Sorry should have explained that better,
I tilted and lifted the headsculpt purely to show the revised shape of the cowl tab.
When the heads pushed down into position there is no gap between the suit it sits flush without touching the bat symbol and the cape is not visible.
It's a simple fix but effective

Back