Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So this is parts of the fat suit left around shoulders, or just fat suit "pants" left on?

Some of these "thinner" pics do make the shoulder seam drop too far below the "point" of the shoulder - its supposed to be right at the top point of the shoulders, or even further up/in like in this pic (though Luke's hands are bound in front here, pulling the seam a bit further in toward the neck):

leKS6YO.png

As you can see from the photo, in order to remove the “pants” section from the fat suit, you have to cut it very low down, as the fat “belly” portion extends down almost to the crotch. Otherwise you’d still be left with a fat waist, if you leave a section of the belly area attached to the fat pants. So, what’s left is barely enough to cover his bell-end & bum, so I simply taped them to the body with that duct tape to make sure they stayed up and stayed flush to the body, before pulling on the actual pants. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO!!! :gah:

Thanks for doing all this modification legwork and sharing it with us. This is the kind of thing this place was made for.

Instead of cutting the fat suit why not change the body?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Instead of cutting the fat suit why not change the body?

I guess the muscular newer TT might work but that’s the another expense unless you can find it for retail. I’m thinking the current light muscular TT might be perfect , forgot the model number :lecture

Well at least it’s an easy modd, and we can always put the top half back on if we change are minds, if we just cut the top from the bottom. Thank god the suit was an easy two piece removal :lecture

Yeah I’m glad it’s a simple one... I mean even this much is at the limit of what I’m willing to do with a figure :lol

So, what's the general consensus with the Hot Toys sculpt?
Are most people happy? Do people think its better than the Inigo custom version?

I've had the unpainted version for a while and have been meaning to paint it one of these days, but not I'm not so sure if its worth it.
There's things I like about the Inigo sculpt, but I do think I may see more resemblance with the Hot Toys sculpt?

Not sure if its worth it to finish my Jedi bash or just get the Hot Toys version.

Last edited:
I can certainly see a difference in the padding/no padding debate. Seems you can keep it as is, and it's a little big. Or remove the padding and have the shape be a bit more skinny, but clothes make it look a bit small.

In a dream world hot toys would have used half the amount of padding and could have met in the middle.

I can't customize mine, I would demolish the whole figure so mine stays as is

I guess the muscular newer TT might work but that’s the another expense unless you can find it for retail. I’m thinking the current light muscular TT might be perfect , forgot the model number :lecture
You can always buy a generic body for 15-20 bucks

cfc6d403957ae8b37ad86366d4479e20.jpg

So, what's the general consensus with the Hot Toys sculpt?
Are most people happy? Do people think its better than the Inigo custom version?

I've had the unpainted version for a while and have been meaning to paint it one of these days, but not I'm not so sure if its worth it.
There's things I like about the Inigo sculpt, but I do think I may see more resemblance with the Hot Toys sculpt?

Not sure if its worth it to finish my Jedi bash or just get the Hot Toys version.

tyy7kKi.jpg

No stock head will ever beat a personalized custom head sculpt

But if you’re asking if some are happy with HT attempt

IMO if I had a choice between this

And this

It’s a no brainer and hell yes I’m impressed

But I would love to see your painted custom on this so your choice

You can always buy a generic body for 15-20 bucks

cfc6d403957ae8b37ad86366d4479e20.jpg

That’s the same TT as the stock body more or less,so why even bother , this body won’t improve it , just a waste of money IMO :dunno

This is a better choice IMO

Problem is these don’t sell for retail anymore :lecture

Last edited:
Back