Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like too much work for very little return (don't get me wrong, I do see improvement, just not enough to justify going to those lengths).

How’s your custom Vader going? :wink1:

So, what's the general consensus with the Hot Toys sculpt?
Are most people happy? Do people think its better than the Inigo custom version?

I've had the unpainted version for a while and have been meaning to paint it one of these days, but not I'm not so sure if its worth it.
There's things I like about the Inigo sculpt, but I do think I may see more resemblance with the Hot Toys sculpt?

Not sure if its worth it to finish my Jedi bash or just get the Hot Toys version.

This is better than the Inigo, IMO — that sculpt is nice though, and Shortround is selling a SilentSurfer painted one in the sale thread, which is probably as good as that one gets. But for the price, you could have this whole figure.

Do you have the Yunsil outfit or other parts? The Yunsil outfit has such a great cloak but overall could still likely benefit from parts from this one so I would buy this either way. :lecture :lol

I’m strongly considering the SS Jedi Luke to supplement this Hot Toys one.

No stock head will ever beat a personalized custom head sculpt

But if you’re asking if some are happy with HT attempt

IMO if I had a choice between this

And this

It’s a no brainer and hell yes I’m impressed

But I would love to see your painted custom on this so your choice

Yeah, I think I'll still go ahead and paint the custom and kinda have a feel whether I still feel the need to go with the HT or just stick with the custom.
Like I said, there's things I like better on Inigou's sculpt, and things I think that are better on the HT sculpt.

How’s your custom Vader going? :wink1:

This is better than the Inigo, IMO — that sculpt is nice though, and Shortround is selling a SilentSurfer painted one in the sale thread, which is probably as good as that one gets. But for the price, you could have this whole figure.

Do you have the Yunsil outfit or other parts? The Yunsil outfit has such a great cloak but overall could still likely benefit from parts from this one so I would buy this either way. :lecture :lol

I’m strongly considering the SS Jedi Luke to supplement this Hot Toys one.

How much for the Yunsil outfit

Yeah, I think I'll still go ahead and paint the custom and kinda have a feel whether I still feel the need to go with the HT or just stick with the custom.
Like I said, there's things I like better on Inigou's sculpt, and things I think that are better on the HT sculpt.

I know you can make it work for you Remy. I have always admired your work . I like doing customs myself but painting from scratch has always been my downfall when it comes to HS. That and sewering :thud:

How much for the Yunsil outfit

Can’t remember but it was a lot like all Yunsil outfits — maybe $300? (included most everything this figure has clothing wise). Here’s a nice photo from that thread of gj1980’s sweet custom.

17d6dca46deccd8c279a36c57dd4c55c.jpg

Can’t remember but it was a lot like all Yunsil outfits — maybe $300[/B]? (included most everything this figure has clothing wise). Here’s a nice photo from that thread of gj1980’s sweet custom.

17d6dca46deccd8c279a36c57dd4c55c.jpg

:panic: can buy the whole HT Jedi Luke for that price

Luke looks mighty angry for a jedi in that custom. :p

I would just get the HT and mod it a bit like the de fat mod if the thickness bugs you, but in a lot of poses it really does not seem to make much dif.

Luke looks mighty angry for a jedi in that custom. :p

I would just get the HT and mod it a bit like the de fat mod if the thickness bugs you, but in a lot of poses it really does not seem to make much dif.

I won’t know until TM post his mod in a dynamic pose :dunno

:panic: can buy the whole HT Jedi Luke for that price

Yeah, it’s a different ball game. They’re not mass producing, etc. Just the ANH Leia dress alone was $150, which was considered inexpensive.

A lot of the custom figures cost between $500 to $1,000 when all various parts are considered — body, sculpt, painter, etc. That’s all potentially very worth it for a figure that might not otherwise be made, but it gets murkier when it’s a figure that will likely or possibly be made, or has been made.

To each his own though. I’m building a custom Indy slowly, where the costs are starting to add up but it’s worth it so far and the licensed ones are a bit dated or just not up to snuff.

Yeah, it’s a different ball game. They’re not mass producing, etc. Just the ANH Leia dress alone was $150, which was considered inexpensive.

A lot of the custom figures cost between $500 to $1,000 when all various parts are considered — body, sculpt, painter, etc. That’s all potentially very worth it for a figure that might not otherwise be made, but it gets murkier when it’s a figure that will likely or possibly be made, or has been made.

To each his own though. I’m building a custom Indy slowly, where the costs are starting to add up but it’s worth it so far and the licensed ones are a bit dated or just not up to snuff.

Hey I get it..believe me, normally I would consider the outfit but with the incoming flux of three HT orders coming my way including this one within the next two months . Regrettably I have to stick with this stock one

TM is it a slim or regular TT :dunno
68d50bd66bb9218065c7c63c2aa0f4a5.jpg

2e871eacf82c2f4eef9837d61daec342.jpg

All Luke bodies have been slim or modified slim TT-22. They made the arms a bit bigger than the regular slim for the DX07 and of course the lower legs are different because of the ankle pegs but the thighs and torsos are the same.

The ANH body is still technically a slim but modified with a wider shoulder and rubber neck/chest. But the legs and waist are the same. The arms are the same as the DX07.

I don’t have mine yet but I can imagine based on the type of neck/head they are using there is no rubber upper body so it is most likely the same as the DX upper body and arms as well as the waist and thighs with the slim lower legs. Otherwise they wouldn’t have needed the fat suit.

We also have to remember that HT will double layer outfits to hide joints. Even on their Spider-Man figures they had a layer of white or black fabric as a body suit under the skin tight spider suit to help smooth out the joints when posing. I would recommend sewing the lower fat suit onto a skintight undersuit. That way it would help hide joints but not be bulky like the fat suit.

Time meddler’s mod is a bold and helpful one. This may be worthy of a mod thread all its own. I will be trying out his mod when I get this in.

68d50bd66bb9218065c7c63c2aa0f4a5.jpg

2e871eacf82c2f4eef9837d61daec342.jpg

All Luke bodies have been slim or modified slim TT-22. They made the arms a bit bigger than the regular slim for the DX07 and of course the lower legs are different because of the ankle pegs but the thighs and torsos are the same.

The ANH body is still technically a slim but modified with a wider shoulder and rubber neck/chest. But the legs and waist are the same. The arms are the same as the DX07.

I don’t have mine yet but I can imagine based on the type of neck/head they are using there is no rubber upper body so it is most likely the same as the DX upper body and arms as well as the waist and thighs with the slim lower legs. Otherwise they wouldn’t have needed the fat suit.

We also have to remember that HT will double layer outfits to hide joints. Even on their Spider-Man figures they had a layer of white or black fabric as a body suit under the skin tight spider suit to help smooth out the joints when posing. I would recommend sewing the lower fat suit onto a skintight undersuit. That way it would help hide joints but not be bulky like the fat suit.

Time meddler’s mod is a bold and helpful one. This may be worthy of a mod thread all its own. I will be trying out his mod when I get this in.

Not necessary

Pretty easy mod

Strip

Cut into parts

Tape

No need to put in a custom thread. Pretty much can be done in minutes

there is a seller scam on ebay selling this luke figure for like a total of 24.00 I have been in talks with timscent88 about this nonsense. so hopefully the listing comes down soon he has since sold another one. hope no one on here bought one of these fakes.

there is a seller scam on ebay selling this luke figure for like a total of 24.00 I have been in talks with timscent88 about this nonsense. so hopefully the listing comes down soon he has since sold another one. hope no one on here bought one of these fakes.

I saw that not long after the listing appeared and reported it. I wonder how long it usually takes eBay to check on those things.

Thank god you're saving us from idiots who think they're getting an HT Luke for $24.

at first I thought the seller was selling just an empty box but it had a full description of what`s in the box. and looked at his feedback which was 0. then looked at his posting he had timscent88 photo of the boxed figure. and I then went and reported it.

Back