Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much do you wanna bet that Endor Luke comes with some expressive gloved hands.
you’re probably right. Hot toys and their schemes! I’m getting sick of it! I’ll let you know how many gloved hands Endor Luke has when I get it!

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but in the instructions sheet for this guy it says the hair is removable and on a magnet “for upcoming accessories” of course meaning endor helmet! I can see a sail barge wind swept hair accessory being included with the endor figure which of course people will want for this release. Which is crafty but, the mix and match options would be great if it were to be true. The angry grimacing face with the endor release with wind swept hair would be great on the standard luke.

And I would definitely say that my cloak has a reddish-purple hue to it, especially in natural daylight.
I can see it in some of the pictures I took But for me it’s predominantly brown from what I can remember for the short time of having him out of the box. I never really had him in direct sunlight. I’m in work as I type this but I’m really intrigued to go home and check the robe out. As I said either way, it’s still a beautiful accessory!

I wonder if they'll release Endor Leia with the Luke accessory pack. A little unusual, but a bit like SH Figuarts Jedi Luke containing the Anakin sculpt for Vader.

Do you think they will do a rerelease of this figure like they did with ANH Luke, Han, Chewie etc?
I missed out with my usual supplier [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think they will do a rerelease of this figure like they did with ANH Luke, Han, Chewie etc?

Very hard to say, probably not would be my guess, but theres no rhyme or reason to what they do

Probably a bit early to be talking re-release. This only just released in Hong Kong and is still available for PO pretty much everywhere. And with a possible endor release on the horizon I doubt HT has any plans regarding this one other than getting them out the door.

The legs look great due to the padding.

It’s a slight issue in the chest but not as bad as pictures make it out to be. Most collectors will be happy. Especially if they plan on using the robe and outer sash.

The robe isn’t purple at all. For me anyways. It’s brown. A slight different shade to anakins robe. I had him out for a night and don’t remember thinking ‘that robe is purple!’ I’ll get him back out tonight to confirm this but either way, it’s fantastic and the best robe/cape fabric type thing I’ve had from hot toys. It drapes beautifully.

Feel free to post any questions here regarding hands etc and I’ll do my best to answer them with pics

This purple robe thing is very weird - some pics it looks nothing like purple, then one person posted how it's definitely purple in hand - now it's not.

I wonder if this is like the SSC Tusken - where some people's robes were really pinkish/salmon color, others just got a light hint of the salmon color as was probably intended.

I have no idea where you are but you can still get this thing from Sideshow. And if not you should just pay the eBay prices now before they go up rather than hope against hope for a reissue.

No kidding...this thread has been a daily roller coaster.

This figure has been a day one PO purchase for me. and I actually ended up ordering 2 I was so impressed with the possible looks for it. I can (sort of) see why the padded suit would upset folks a little bit, but I don't I'd ever cancel on behalf of that.

If I were brave (I'm not) I suppose I might consider trimming the under the outfit padding...but the way I see it I either have to learn how to cut, take in, and sew the suit (which I def can't do) or leave it as a baggy suit without the padding (which would probably not look so hot), so I'm gonna leave it as is on him. No figure is 100% perfect, but to me, this one is simply pretty great. So excited for this release.

Has anyone just tried to soak the figure -- fatsuit and all -- to slim it down?

Water treatment works wonders on clothing to fit better and look more natural in the way things hang. Might keep the fatsuit from being so 'pillowy'.

Water treatment is a good idea. Just did that to my Yoda I just bought (loving the figure after the initial uncertainty)

But I really just want someone to do a step by step video tutorial to remove the top half of the fatsuit when I get it. I’m not taking any chances on these figures lol... but I want to do that mod.

Has anyone just tried to soak the figure -- fatsuit and all -- to slim it down?

Water treatment works wonders on clothing to fit better and look more natural in the way things hang. Might keep the fatsuit from being so 'pillowy'.

That is a brilliant idea and worth a try for those whom the padding bothers; because I do think in general (being maybe too "fat" aside) it gives the figure a more natural look in regards to the fit when combined with the tailoring. people can disagree but I am sure HT had a reason for it, even if you want to argue that it wasn't well executed and makes him too "fat". Flattening out the fatsuit (if it can be done) to make it less puffy may give us the best of both worlds.

Back