Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinkgeek? Any 1/6 I've got from them has been packaged well and arrived in less than a week. Heck, they honored my mispriced 3Z power armor which I snagged for $150.

I had a guy who started listing Timcent photo auctions shortly after I bought from him. He intentionally messed up the label so my item was undeliverable and got rerouted and returned to sender, trying to buy time until I ran out of coverage. PP claimed that one fast and reported it. Apparently, I was NOT the only one hammering down on that, eBay said.

Yea i have ordered a few items off thinkgeek and they were all fine. Came fast and as advertised, but i suppose every retailer has their mishaps.

the jedi luke and the snowspeeder luke . snow speeder luke I got from popcultcha during there holiday Christmas sale. the ROTJ Luke I got off ebay just the body and head sculpt. this seller sold a lot of the bodies complete with the outfit and a pair of hands.

Just thought I’d post a couple of pictures of the original costume. Not sure where HT got the purple robe from.
8b2c3f34b9e4399f27617f37c6ad8020.jpg

34150dec92238b973138d007d13462f4.jpg

Just thought I’d post a couple of pictures of the original costume. Not sure where HT got the purple robe from.
8b2c3f34b9e4399f27617f37c6ad8020.jpg

34150dec92238b973138d007d13462f4.jpg

I have to wonder story wise, did Luke wear the sash over the belt or he just didn’t have the belt on because of the pouch

This could be editing flaws, but when Luke jumped the skiff onto Jabba’s Sail Barge as he was climbing up the side you can see the hilt dangling on the sash . But when he swings with Leia he has the hilt tucked into the sash :lol

Not sure where HT got the purple robe from.

This is not a defense of Hot Toys, because they should know better than this, but I wonder if they were influenced by the lighting in Jabba's Palace...
cloak-luke-jabbaspalace-2.jpg

I am not sure how purple the HT robe is in reality because the lighting of everyone's pictures and video's also can skew this too (though one reviewer I remember said it looked a little "purplish" in hand to him)... but looking forward to seeing for myself.

This is not a defense of Hot Toys, because they should know better than this, but I wonder if they were influenced by the lighting in Jabba's Palace...
cloak-luke-jabbaspalace-2.jpg

I am not sure how purple the HT robe is in reality because the lighting of everyone's pictures and video's also can skew this too (though one reviewer I remember said it looked a little "purplish" in hand to him)... but looking forward to seeing for myself.

Hard to tell . With the lighting in that scene and in the robe being only in that scene we might never know if they kept switching robes because maybe at some shots it was conflicting off the dim lighting or Mark couldn’t walk right because it was too thick .

You have to take in consideration that when they film a character with the same outfit throughout the movie, sometimes they change or have different types of the same outfit for different scenes because the clothing might get damaged

For example in Superman and Batman movies . They go through many different capes. Some are short like if Batman is in a vehicle or if he is fighting, and some are extremely long when they are just standing and talking etc.

Luke pitched up today. Really brings back memories of the SS figure that started it all off. So many display options.
Tailoring is pretty good, but I’m still not quite feeling the headsculpt.

b849433dc8988c3bac8c52a52de73ebe.jpg

9c0cd938316b6fa8c1a3b651ee29fc11.jpg

b827f524dcb9d78362d101bc3a5d3794.jpg

Luke pitched up today. Really brings back memories of the SS figure that started it all off. So many display options.

Nice

Actually Medicom RAH Jedi Luke came before the SSC version :wink1:

Is the robe purple in-hand or not? Some have said it is, but in other pics it seems more brown.

OMG -- with that hand it really brings back memories of the Sideshow starter.

I hope the one hand that’s bare can fit the saber, I’m not a fan of seeing the bare hand with the saber be the BD one. I hope the non BD bare hand can hold the saber well even if it’s a trigger hand for the guuard’s pistol

Wasn't the SS like $60!! Those were good times. Not feeling this Luke. Copy/Paste Luke against DX15 Sparrow and Luke shines like a doll!!

Hard to tell . With the lighting in that scene and in the robe being only in that scene we might never know if they kept switching robes because maybe at some shots it was conflicting off the dim lighting or Mark couldn’t walk right because it was too thick .

You have to take in consideration that when they film a character with the same outfit throughout the movie, sometimes they change or have different types of the same outfit for different scenes because the clothing might get damaged

For example in Superman and Batman movies . They go through many different capes. Some are short like if Batman is in a vehicle or if he is fighting, and some are extremely long when they are just standing and talking etc.

This is equivalent to han's coat from ESB :lol

Back