Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the one hand that’s bare can fit the saber, I’m not a fan of seeing the bare hand with the saber be the BD one. I hope the non BD bare hand can hold the saber well even if it’s a trigger hand for the guuard’s pistol

I'm still wondering if the BD hand can hold the blaster, lol. Eventually we will get our answers :)

Wasn't the SS like $60!! Those were good times. Not feeling this Luke. Copy/Paste Luke against DX15 Sparrow and Luke shines like a doll!!

If there is something that I can take away from the first SSC Jedi Luke was the suit was great.. tailoring top notch . Problem was horrendous head sculpt , ridiculous body and an awful robe, and gigantic gloved hand :slap

However the clothing worked great with my custom on a TT body

Last edited:
If there is something that I can take away from the first SSC Jedi Luke was the suit was great.. tailoring top notch . Problem was horrendous head sculpt , ridiculous body and an awful robe, and gigantic gloved hand :slap

However the clothing worked great with my custom on a TT body

I've never had it in-hand (before my time in 1/6) but from what I've seen of those early SSC figs - I've seen ones like smuggler Han, Luke Bespin etc - the oversized stitching, thickness of any lapped fabric and lack of crisp corners (where pockets will be slightly rounded, a bit wonky shaped and lacking finer detail) seems to sink the illusion.

There are certainly some older SSC clothing that really holds up well though - Rebel Commando is one. Though I was disappointed with the black vest on the Rebel Fleet Trooper - had a Hasbro-ish vibe in the simple pockets versus something like HT Han's really crisp pockets, thin lapped fabric and accurate black vest.

luke.jpg

Chubby Luke

Really brings back memories of the SS figure that started it all off.

That's funny, because I remember not getting in on the SS figures until just after Jedi Luke and for the longest time keeping an eye on the secondary market for one but never really able to pull the trigger. It just didn't look quite right. I was an old 12" Hasbro collector and the SS figures did bring me back into collecting this scale of SW figures, because the SS figures were "amazing" by comparison to my old Hasbro ones. I had SS Bespin and Farmboy Luke, ANH Han, Leia and Obiwan, and also Boba Fett. Fett is the only one I still have. My first Hot Toys figure was the Christopher Reeve Superman and the HT Bespin Luke wasn't long after that one thus raising the standard once again and I would eventually replace almost all my SS Star Wars figures with HT. But now here we are with Jedi Luke, and because I never had the SS version (and looking back I am glad I never did) it feels that much more like a missing grail in my collection. I think HT Luke looks great, and I can't wait to finally have my first 1/6 Jedi Luke, since the Hasbro one I had years and years ago, in my collection.

The legs look great due to the padding.

It’s a slight issue in the chest but not as bad as pictures make it out to be. Most collectors will be happy. Especially if they plan on using the robe and outer sash.

The robe isn’t purple at all. For me anyways. It’s brown. A slight different shade to anakins robe. I had him out for a night and don’t remember thinking ‘that robe is purple!’ I’ll get him back out tonight to confirm this but either way, it’s fantastic and the best robe/cape fabric type thing I’ve had from hot toys. It drapes beautifully.

Feel free to post any questions here regarding hands etc and I’ll do my best to answer them with pics

ab42e68b5b0bde852fce58efd6e11b85.jpg

It’s a slight issue in the chest but not as bad as pictures make it out to be. Most collectors will be happy. Especially if they plan on using the robe and outer sash.

The robe isn’t purple at all. For me anyways. It’s brown. A slight different shade to anakins robe. I had him out for a night and don’t remember thinking ‘that robe is purple!’ I’ll get him back out tonight to confirm this but either way, it’s fantastic and the best robe/cape fabric type thing I’ve had from hot toys. It drapes beautifully.

Feel free to post any questions here regarding hands etc and I’ll do my best to answer them with pics

He still looks barrel-chested to me, even with the tunic and cloak on. That's why I felt the need to remove the upper-half of the fat-suit on my Luke.

2CC7F81F-0AB8-4BAF-8124-8DDD6A29EF97.jpg
E6496268-3064-4964-AB11-E465A10D77AA.jpg

Very nice. How does this figure compare to Anakin, in your opinion?

Very nice. How does this figure compare to Anakin, in your opinion?
Thanks man! Both equally great figures. My one complaint with Luke is the lack of spare gloved hands. My one complaint with anakin is the pleather outfit feels a tad cheap and of course the short robe.

But both are amazing figures with gorgeous looking outfits and great headsculpts and serious presence on the shelf.

Thanks man! Both equally great figures. My one complaint with Luke is the lack of spare gloved hands. My one complaint with anakin is the pleather outfit feels a tad cheap and of course the short robe.

But both are amazing figures with gorgeous looking outfits and great headsculpts and serious presence on the shelf.

How much do you wanna bet that Endor Luke comes with some expressive gloved hands.

Back