1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

I like the contrast of colour on the inner cloak, makes a change from all black costumes.
Just waiting on Maul and my collection of Sith/Dark Siders is complete.
e2c5ac03a07030cdc9da362cde8e44f4.jpg

Very nice Sith display. Well, villain display, since Kyle isn’t a Sith.

Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

Very nice Sith display. Well, villain display, since Kyle isn?t a Sith.

[emoji23]Kyle? Gotta love autocorrect...
He could become a Sith Lord in the upcoming movie though. Emperor Palpatine is in the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the hand with really bad mold lines looks like it was glued on and its not nearly as stiff or feels as stable as the identical right saber hand without those ****ing cut lines

It's actually not a defect or a "batch" issue, it's the way it was made. Hot Toys doesn't do it often, but it has shown up before.
You can even go back as far as the first Dark Knight Two Face, he had that kind of hand too. I guess they do it when they want the thumb close to the finger but don't want it to connect in the mold; so it becomes a separate piece. I've seen it a few other times but I don't remember who. Hopefully the new Two Face doesn't have it on the coin holding hand again.

I like the contrast of colour on the inner cloak, makes a change from all black costumes.
Just waiting on Maul and my collection of Sith/Dark Siders is complete.
e2c5ac03a07030cdc9da362cde8e44f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
141ed9d90c84a43302e654e81270895e.jpg

Negative. Kylo aint no Sith.

This is a proper Sith set up :lecture
70591117_530013214468915_60501112649678848_n.jpg

When Trek meets Wars
f48fec5643e7c733ccdaa2ffa8f3307f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

It's actually not a defect or a "batch" issue, it's the way it was made. Hot Toys doesn't do it often, but it has shown up before.
You can even go back as far as the first Dark Knight Two Face, he had that kind of hand too. I guess they do it when they want the thumb close to the finger but don't want it to connect in the mold; so it becomes a separate piece. I've seen it a few other times but I don't remember who. Hopefully the new Two Face doesn't have it on the coin holding hand again.

So is it like that in all Dookus?

Anyone who’s switched Lee’s head with Peter Cushing’s Tarkin? In a parallel universe, that would have been the Tarkin we know of today.

So is it like that in all Dookus?

Can someone else who has the figure answer this man, I don't want to keep this ****ing hand if they don't all look like this. I need to file a claim if its not the case. Does your dooku's left lightsaber hand have nasty seem lines around the thumb like it was cut off then glued back on??? It should be something everyone noticed right away so i find it hard to believe nobody is responding or there were no other post besides mine about it. Its definitely not normal for hot toys to do this so ya whats the freakin deal here yo. Enough people posting picture just take a minute to look at left lightsaber hand does it look like mine, any response from someone who owns it would be greatly appreciated.

Can someone else who has the figure answer this man, I don't want to keep this ****ing hand if they don't all look like this. I need to file a claim if its not the case. Does your dooku's left lightsaber hand have nasty seem lines around the thumb like it was cut off then glued back on??? It should be something everyone noticed right away so i find it hard to believe nobody is responding or there were no other post besides mine about it. Its definitely not normal for hot toys to do this so ya whats the freakin deal here yo. Enough people posting picture just take a minute to look at left lightsaber hand does it look like mine, any response from someone who owns it would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, mine is like that, my friend's is too, and so is Toy Anxiety's
https://toyanxiety.com/attack-of-the-clones-count-dooku-left-gripping-hand/

Your Tarkin will have the subtle seam lines on the hands as well. As stated, it’s due to a molding process to the fingers don’t stick together when shaped.
Your Dooku seam line is more apparent. I would just pick one up for a couple bucks at TA. Too much headache with SS.

Got mine the other day. Not a bad figure really. I was way more impressed with Maul however.

padded him through his torso and traps to get rid of the longer , younger neck, and gives him a little more old man hunch. pics don't seem to capture it as much. great figures!

thumbnail_20190827_162819.jpgthumbnail_20190827_162911.jpgthumbnail_20190928_010948.jpg

Wow! Just perfect! What did you pad him with? Would like to recreate it on my own Dooku :)

Thanks! Just a little bit of paper towel taped to his torso. Had to use tape to close his shirt with the extra girth. A couple cotton balls up around his collar to give him a old man hump amd raise the collar

Damn you BBTS when your going to ship this? Should have ordered from Alter Ego :slap

I got my Dooku and Yoda yesterday from Timewalker, still have to crack them open. Can't wait!

Waiting on my Dooku and Maul from Moviefigures.co.uk seems they get stuff 3+ months later. May have to start ordering elsewhere for future releases

I think I'm more impressed with Dooku than Maul... really sharp figure overall.

Dooku COMP 1.jpg

Dooku COMP 2.jpg

Need to figure out a good, erudite pose.

Back