Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toys2.net for me which is in Canada. Looks like US dealers are only behind by 3weeks

I think both the Mark IV and War Machine figures are short on features and polish for the price they're asking, which is the same as the Mark III battle-damage, who in my opinion gives you the most bang for the buck.

I can understand the Warmachine argument, though he has some impressive engineering going for him. But the Mark IV has pretty much all the same features as the BDm3, save for the opening mask and dual chestplates. It still comes with an extra head and accesoiries to duplicate the donut shop look though, and the chest can still be popped open. Really, the value is the same for these two.

I can understand the Warmachine argument, though he has some impressive engineering going for him. But the Mark IV has pretty much all the same features as the BDm3, save for the opening mask and dual chestplates. It still comes with an extra head and accesoiries to duplicate the donut shop look though, and the chest can still be popped open. Really, the value is the same for these two.

The BD also has the pop-up shoulder armor and wrist "shield."

Don't get me wrong, both War Machine and the Mark IV figure are very impressive visually and from an engineering standpoint. But I've been spoiled by the multitude of poses you can come up with when figures come loaded with accessories and features. Both War Machine and Mark IV's calve flaps are pretty subtle (which granted might be movie accurate), so that feature feels like a big downgrade. War Machine really only has the option to attach on his shoulder canons (they're not even built in) and pose his gatling gun. Mark IV is outnumbered in features by the BD Mark III because of the wrist gauntlet, built in wrist rockets (again they have to be attached on the Mark IV), built-in shoulder guns, interchangeable chest, and second helmet with Stark inside. The Mark IV doesn't seem to have the BD Mark III's great paint apps either, but that could just be that the lack of scuffs and scratches leaves the Mark IV (and War Machine) looking a little flat by comparison. Lastly, while the Mark IV does include a cool base, it looks to be too small to stand him on for anything other than a "stored at the lab" pose.

Now I'm guessing (or at least hope) that Tony and Rhodes have all kinds of gizmos in their suits that no one will know about until the movie's released, and my hope is that Hot Toys will once again release enhanced versions that give buyers more bang for the buck. Because they do seem a little light on features for the price.

Re: Picture Time

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

https://gallery.me.com/cbauer/100103/DSC_0072/web.jpg?ver=12720735590001
https://gallery.me.com/cbauer/100103/DSC_0045/web.jpg?ver=12720735850001
https://gallery.me.com/cbauer/100103/DSC_0007/web.jpg?ver=12720733480001
https://gallery.me.com/cbauer/100103/DSC_0103/web.jpg?ver=12720734390001
[url]https://gallery.me.com/cbauer/100103/DSC_0031/web.jpg?ver=12720736260001[/url][/QUOTE]

That neck is really bothering me and could be a deal breaker.
In some pics he looks fine though so I'm all confused.

Does head fit further up making the neck longer on light up head than the other head?
I see this to be the case also with Batman DX. ie light up head sit higher on neck.

I think its that some people dont have ther head pushed down all the way... Back when I got Midnight Wesker his head is a lite up... Out of box his head wasnt pushed on all the way giving it the appearance that he had a long neck... After pushing it it looked fine to me... Midnight Wesker is one of favorits form Hottoys right now...

I been trying to figure out the head/neck thing all day today. Don't know about anyone else who has the figure, but the neck on mine comes off very easily. The neck seem to be fine in size (TWSS) but it's either where the ball joint in the body might be a little too high or it might be the socket in the head may not be deep enough as with the Dutch figure.

I been trying to figure out the head/neck thing all day today. Don't know about anyone else who has the figure, but the neck on mine comes off very easily. The neck seem to be fine in size (TWSS) but it's either where the ball joint in the body might be a little too high or it might be the socket in the head may not be deep enough as with the Dutch figure.

It comes off extremely easily but it doesn't just pop off... I even tried just colding the figure by the head (with the bed underneath of course) and the body didn't drop so I'm OK with it .
About the neck looking long... I think they should have made the shoulders should have been made higher like in the movie.

So I just read in Wook's review on MWC's site that the exclusive battle damaged helmet can actually fit on the body. But he didn't have any pics of that. Are there any around? Even though it wouldn't work with Tony's head in it, it would likely be perfect for the Armory as the MK III is still battle damaged in Iron Man 2.

So I just read in Wook's review on MWC's site that the exclusive battle damaged helmet can actually fit on the body. But he didn't have any pics of that. Are there any around? Even though it wouldn't work with Tony's head in it, it would likely be perfect for the Armory as the MK III is still battle damaged in Iron Man 2.

This is a review of the figure on youtube, where the guy does that ..Its near the end of the video when he puts on the crushed helm ...but honestly it looks really stupid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4VAVEXItn0

Back