Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont get paid for another 7 days! gonna be soo screwed if SS charge my prepay credit card before then,for the EX.but as someone said,they usually send an email a couple days before they actually charge so hopefully i should be ok! i sold my MKIII off way too early to pay for the BDMKIII.

i just got mine in the mail today, it is whatevers, not too excited, i think im more excited about my dx02 batman coming in a couple weeks =) the back flaps are hard to put on, one of them didnt go all the way in so i took a dremel and cut off the tabs and just superglued it.

Alter Ego posted in the dealers section at 12:31 pm today they will have battle damaged IM in stock the end of the week. I do not understand it either but WTF SS :confused:

just pre ordered mine from there, have a sideshow going as well. Well see who gets it 1st!

Talked with Richard at CSC when i picked mine up today. Sideshow does have theirs and just haven't processed their orders yet. I am sure you guys who ordered theirs through SS will start getting their notices any day.

Talked with Richard at CSC when i picked mine up today. Sideshow does have theirs and just haven't processed their orders yet. I am sure you guys who ordered theirs through SS will start getting their notices any day.

Ordered mine on CSC on Sunday, but haven't gotten any notices. My order still says pending...I'll have to call them tomorrow.

This is my second IM hot toys figure. Thought I'd pose it side by side with Mark 2. I am really digging the raised rivets on Mark 2, it just gives it that industrial look. Love how they pulled off the countermeasures pod. It pops out easily by pushing it in and then you push and twist to get the little sprouts back in. The shoulder missiles were initially a hassle, read the instructions and found out i was doing it backwards, using that little stick helps, too. All the lights are working fine. The back flaps when installing it just make sure you are putting in on the right side. It's scary putting it on but you just have to persevere and hope you don't break that little bit of plastic. At first, I wasn't too fond off the wire flaps, figured just another piece that might beak off. But it looks good and the underneath plastic it is covering has a raised riveted sculpt; just another extra detail that increases my admiration for HT's penchant for detail. The arm shield is cool but it doesn't spread as wide as I thought.
Picture131-1.jpg

The Break flaps at the calves. I opened and examined it and it will be the last time I will be doing that. Talk about being a magnet for breakage. I like the older design better, less parts to break off and shows the insides better.
The new design, you lift up the top piece (same as before) then you lift up the secondary piece, within the second piece there are two doors that you can open. Be careful opening this: It does NOT just swing open. It's like you lift it up and then it swings out and then do the same for the other side. After that, there is a small flap at the bottom of the middle piece and after all that work you barely see the inner workings. Like I said, NOT gonna open it up again... Here's a pic comparison.
Picture132-1.jpg

Finally the chest piece. It kept falling off!! and there was a gap at the side. Finally, it thought that just isn't right so I pushed it in some more, something clicked and now it stays put and actually hard to remove. :D Stupid Me! Perfect fit, now.
Picture133.jpg

I think the waist sculpt is pretty much the same as the one used before. I just looks slimmer because the removable chest piece makes the chest a little bulkier. You might be able to spot how much wider the chest is on the first picture. HT probably did not like this design flaw so they readjusted the removable chest part on the Mark 4 so that only the chest area that covers the pectoral muscles is removable. The new design of the mark 4 maintains the sleekness of the figure. Great figure, I can't believe this didn't qualify as a DX but maybe if they had included the articulated fingers and abdomen. Now I wish I had bought the Mark 1. I think you guys will enjoy this figure.

So Sideshow has these guys and hasn't even sent out 20-15 day notices? Whats up with that? I wonder if they only have the regulars and no exclusives yet?

i dont get paid for another 7 days! gonna be soo screwed if SS charge my prepay credit card before then,for the EX.but as someone said,they usually send an email a couple days before they actually charge so hopefully i should be ok! i sold my MKIII off way too early to pay for the BDMKIII.

So Sideshow has these guys and hasn't even sent out 20-15 day notices? Whats up with that? I wonder if they only have the regulars and no exclusives yet?

Thats correct. Regular is out in April, exclusive is sometime in May.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9005511&source=search0109

Those pictures are truly amazing, mines on its way to me now :banana

Its just a shame they didnt battle damged the light up head

Not sure if it's been mentioned in past posts. The neck is longer a little because the switch for the head lights are on the neck unlike before where 1 switch turned on the chest and eyes. It is similar to Batman sonar's neck post. It allows the neck to move slightly back and forth.

Caved and ordered one through CSC. I'm calling it a little birthday gift to myself to justify buying ANOTHER Iron Man. Can not wait, just hope they can get him out to me before the weekend.

Cool display where did you get those clear stands?

Thanks, I made them myself :D Did not really had a chance to smoothen/polish the crap out of it yet (you can kind of see the scratches from the circular blade) as this is just a quick fix for now :eek:

geil, I dunno if its the angle that photo was taken, but I think you should tilt down the head a bit to hide the giraffe neck syndrome.

yeah same goes for his position. I have been really busy lately and don't even see much of a chance to finish my new displays :( but he is already in a nicer pose but will retake pictures when the setup is done. Thugh he is likely going into the Detolf as I need all the space in this new shelf for TDK ;)

As for the flaps they do stick out a little and I don't think there is much you can do but luckily they are not noticeable folded in as you are not likely to display him just showing the back.

Back