Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

The anger I am reading in these posts pretty much confirms that Hot Toys fans will gladly complain about anything.

I have to agree. All the talk about the good old days, and Hot Toys selling out is kind of souring the hobby.

Then that was your fault. I don't expect companies to rerelease stuff just because " I wasn't collecting back then." You either were there and bought it or you weren't and you buy it now at its current price. :cuckoo:

The point is, there are people that didn't get the DX01. It doesn't bother me if Hot Toys wants to sell them a Joker figure. Other than the fact that there are other figures that could be made, I don't get why it would bother anyone. :dunno

While I agree, I also can't disagree with the fact that producing another Joker is basically a license to print money. Especially considering every version is selling over retail and the DX ridiculously higher. HT is in the business of making money, as is every business, and ignoring that is bad business.

:exactly:

Although I have a list of figures I would like HT to make someday, I can't fault them for making this move.

Oh wow... anger at a company for wanting to make money. Imagine that. A company trying to make more money. The only people angry are the ones who already own a DX Joker. It's almost as if they bought one for future resale value instead of to collect. The only people with a worthy complaint are those wishing the time/effort was spent making less profitable characters. Well... the money Hot Toys gets from selling these Jokers is what helps drive up the quality/effort/time in everything they do. That said... am I biased? Most certainly. I welcome any and all Heath Ledger Jokers.

It's a good move by them. Making things that sell will keep them in business.

continued to milk zombie milk out of the cow. Enough is enough!

:lol :lol :lol

I think zombie milking is about making money and lining HT's pockets, but without it would we see them taking chances on licenses like Inglorious Basterds? I think it's a necessary evil, and in this case it works for me.

Oh wow... anger at a company for wanting to make money. Imagine that. A company trying to make more money. The only people angry are the ones who already own a DX Joker. It's almost as if they bought one for future resale value instead of to collect. The only people with a worthy complaint are those wishing the time/effort was spent making less profitable characters. Well... the money Hot Toys gets from selling these Jokers is what helps drive up the quality/effort/time in everything they do..

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

I can never understand why some people here complain about something being made. If you can't appreciated you don't have to buy it. It's not as if HT is replacing one item for another (canceling or delaying Keaton Batman in order to sell this, for example).

Let them sell the stuff man, what is the big deal? Most toys companies release dozens of figures for a franchise. Everybody wins when something new (ANYTHING NEW) is announced!

Then that was your fault. I don't expect companies to rerelease stuff just because " I wasn't collecting back then." You either were there and bought it or you weren't and you buy it now at its current price. :cuckoo:

This better just be a Nurse version. I don't want to see any purple outfits again. HT milked that cow to death and continued to milk zombie milk out of the cow. Enough is enough!

The point is, there are people that didn't get the DX01. It doesn't bother me if Hot Toys wants to sell them a Joker figure. Other than the fact that there are other figures that could be made, I don't get why it would bother anyone. :dunno

I understand why rereleasing things with slight variations bothers people. Many collectors make sacrifices to get pieces or have missed out on items because of different reasons and had to live with it, and are now watching a breed of entitlement colletors form who are coming to feel and expect that the companies owe it to them to make extras or rerelease things if they missed out and it can be annoying and frustrating to be surrounded by people with that attitude and feel a sense of it devaluing the things they've gone through in their collecting lives. Unless you experience the way things used to be for a fair ammount of time and have it affect you, I imagine it's hard to see that perspective.

Right now, the collecting hobby, especially 1/6 and through Hot Toys, is taking a big turn from what it used to be and we're seeing a clash of old school collectors and the new generations that are coming together with very different perspectives on things and it creates friction. Both sides just need to be understanding with each other of this.

While I agree, I also can't disagree with the fact that producing another Joker is basically a license to print money. Especially considering every version is selling over retail and the DX ridiculously higher. HT is in the business of making money, as is every business, and ignoring that is bad business.

While this re-releasing and milking thing can seem annoying, I see it as HT doing what they can to follow like Sideshow. Sideshow has the luxury of Star Wars being full of troops that can be built from similar parts but be all new characters and figures. HT doesn't have any licenses like that so they're left with doing variants of Iron Man and Joker.

and yet no one understands this :dunno

This better just be a Nurse version. I don't want to see any purple outfits again. HT milked that cow to death and continued to milk zombie milk out of the cow. Enough is enough!

:goodpost::exactly: Like I said before with 2.0 in the title it makes me feel its gonna be like a variant of some kind. What other Joker have they NOT made: Nurse and Interrogation( which isnt exactly fair because its just the Joker with out a coat and blazer with smeared make-up). Imo I really think its gonna be an Interrogation Joker with a new smeared make up head sculpt with a nurse outfit with possibly a head sculpt with that and wig. Hence the 2.0, its like the DX01 in respect to having 2 outfits and 2 head sculpts. Maybe they will throw in some accessories they have yet to do like the sawed off shotgun, broken pool stick and of course all the nurse accessories: silencer, detonator etc. I mean,really what the hell else could it be. Ill bet money its something similar to this.

and yet no one understands this :dunno

Yup. So what if you weren't collecting back then? Tough luck. That is how life is. Oh well wait till they release Joker 2.11 and see if they feel the same.

I'm just glad that I got out of Hot Toys all together. Absolutely ridiculous strategy doing all these re-releases. I'm a much happier camper collecting statues.

:goodpost::lecture :exactly:This man knows what he is talking about.

:goodpost::exactly: Like I said before with 2.0 in the title it makes me feel its gonna be like a variant of some kind. What other Joker have they NOT made: Nurse and Interrogation( which isnt exactly fair because its just the Joker with out a coat and blazer with smeared make-up). Imo I really think its gonna be an Interrogation Joker with a new smeared make up head sculpt with a nurse outfit with possibly a head sculpt with that and wig. Hence the 2.0, its like the DX01 in respect to having 2 outfits and 2 head sculpts. Maybe they will throw in some accessories they have yet to do like the sawed off shotgun, broken pool stick and of course all the nurse accessories: silencer, detonator etc. I mean,really what the hell else could it be. Ill bet money its something similar to this.

This would be very fine with me. Hope you are right.

2.0 sounds more like an update to me.

Yup. So what if you weren't collecting back then? Tough luck. That is how life is. Oh well wait till they release Joker 2.11 and see if they feel the same.

I'm just glad that I got out of Hot Toys all together. Absolutely ridiculous strategy doing all these re-releases. I'm a much happier camper collecting statues.

With the current prices the 1/6 scale figures are going for I think more people will consider buying statues.

Hot Toys is following in the footsteps of Hasbro.:gah:

:lol@ people who call this "rerelease" when it hasn't even been shown yet, and don't know how it will look.

The only thing we know so far is that It is called DX 2.0, which supposedly means it will NOT be a rerelease of DX01, not another run of the same figure. Not that difficult to understand, I think. (Similar...? maybe, the same? NOT)

I can understand that people are tired to see the same character released again, even more when they are expecting other characters of their taste.

To the former I will say....will you also complain when Sideshow releases the 10th Iron Man, or the 100th Wolverine in statue form?

To the latter, do you really think there are not enough characters to grab right now? That you even want to see more announcements??? You must have missed SDCC then.

:peace

People who think this is the downward spiral of HT makes me :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back