Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

With the current prices the 1/6 scale figures are going for I think more people will consider buying statues.

Yup and you don't need to worry about updates for characters already released. I can look forward to collecting new characters instead of another Joker, Iron Man, Jack Sparrow.........

I would be buying statues... but their paint apps (and often sculpting) aren't even half as good as HT.

finally another joker. i was getting worried. we haven't had a joker announcement for at least a week now. thank God. hopefully we can get another ironman and maybe a jack sparrow or a terminator soon. then hopefully we get another batman and an ironman. maybe another joker and a predator. and finally maybe we can get an ironman. or another joker. a new batman would be nice as well. i hope we see an ironman soon.

finally another joker. i was getting worried. we haven't had a joker announcement for at least a week now. thank God. hopefully we can get another ironman and maybe a jack sparrow or a terminator soon. then hopefully we get another batman and an ironman. maybe another joker and a predator. and finally maybe we can get an ironman. or another joker. a new batman would be nice as well. i hope we see an ironman soon.

:lol:lol:lol So True.

You forgot to mention ironman :thud: :yess:

People who think this is the downward spiral of HT makes me :lol

Correct because this is Hot Toys ........

RoboCop4.jpg

I love how some HT supporters defend Hot Toys by saying they are a business and they are in it to make money. Exchange Hot Toys with anything else and they'd be called greedy (gas, electricity, food). Why isn't anyone defending the flippers who are also in it to make money :lol

Not saying that companies shouldn't be making money. It is just amusing that it is ok for Hot Toys to make money but everyone else is simply greedy.

I understand why rereleasing things with slight variations bothers people. Many collectors make sacrifices to get pieces or have missed out on items because of different reasons and had to live with it, and are now watching a breed of entitlement colletors form who are coming to feel and expect that the companies owe it to them to make extras or rerelease things if they missed out and it can be annoying and frustrating to be surrounded by people with that attitude and feel a sense of it devaluing the things they've gone through in their collecting lives. Unless you experience the way things used to be for a fair ammount of time and have it affect you, I imagine it's hard to see that perspective.

Right now, the collecting hobby, especially 1/6 and through Hot Toys, is taking a big turn from what it used to be and we're seeing a clash of old school collectors and the new generations that are coming together with very different perspectives on things and it creates friction. Both sides just need to be understanding with each other of this.

I see your point, but it seems to me that those taking issue with the way Hot Toys runs their business are being every bit as "entitled". As if to say that Hot Toys should run their business in they way that they prefer. It also smacks of elitism.

In my opinion, the 1/6 collecting hobby is in a renaissance right now. And that's reason for all to celebrate. :fireworks

I love how some HT supporters defend Hot Toys by saying they are a business and they are in it to make money. Exchange Hot Toys with anything else and they'd be called greedy (gas, electricity, food). Why isn't anyone defending the flippers who are also in it to make money :lol

Not saying that companies shouldn't be making money. It is just amusing that it is ok for Hot Toys to make money but everyone else is simply greedy.

:exactly::exactly:

I'm not trying to stir anything up here, so please no one take what I'm about to ask that way (simply asked for curiosity's sake.)

What angers current DX 01 owners the most about this announcement?

I have no problems with flippers whatsoever. And toys do not equal gas, electricity and food. Toys are a luxury. Gas, electricity and food are necessities.

Comparing HT's to necessities? :cuckoo: You don't have to buy toys.

I'm not trying to stir anything up here, so please no one take what I'm about to ask that way (simply asked for curiosity's sake.)

I'm a DX01 owner, and this doesn't anger me at all. :wave

At the moment I'm pretty indifferent, but if it comes with a second Nurse outfit I'll be ecstatic!

I'm not sure it angers DX01 owners as much as it does people who paid over $1000 for their customs.

I don't even have DX1, and I think this isn't right. Coupled with HT's recent sky rocket with prices. . . It's just. . . :monkey4

I'm not sure it angers DX01 owners as much as it does people who paid over $1000 for their customs.

Thankfully, I invested less than $200 in my Joker custom.

But I'll tell you this: With Hot Toys producing the quality and quantity of stuff they are, I will be thinking long and hard before starting any more custom figures.

I have no problems with flippers whatsoever. And toys do not equal gas, electricity and food. Toys are a luxury. Gas, electricity and food are necessities.

Comparing HT's to necessities? :cuckoo: You don't have to buy toys.

That's cool. Replace Hot Toys with tickets to a football game. If prices are raised the first reaction would be the team is getting greedy. With Hot Toys it is "they are a company and they are in it to make money and that it is ok" :lol

Seriously. When have you heard "oh it is ok that they are greedy because they are a business" used but with Hot Toys :lol Fan boys I tell you. Not saying that companies shouldn't be greedy but when have you heard customers defend a corporation from greed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back