Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

Well, they're revisiting Mk1, OC Batman, and now Joker

Who's next? AVP Preds, RoboCop??

Damn good chance for Robocop actually.

Another member posted a pic of an official announcement poster for all the upcoming Robocop 2011 items. It listed Neca's rerelease, knew about the Barton bust, etc, and it also lists Hot Toys figures.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97747&highlight=robocop

I found this image from the Licensing International Expo. The push is due to the remake but it also looks like original-style merch will be produced until they're ready to unveil the new designs.

19810-550x-header.jpg

Well, they're revisiting Mk1, OC Batman, and now Joker

Who's next? AVP Preds, RoboCop??

Eh, sure why not. I think the whole "Limited Edition" thing went out the window with HT. I love HT, but I definitely collect them for my love of the figures, not for investment purposes.

Eh, sure why not. I think the whole "Limited Edition" thing went out the window with HT. I love HT, but I definitely collect them for my love of the figures, not for investment purposes.

:goodpost:

:lol at everyone complaining. If we weren't still getting new licenses I'd care about another Heath Joker.

Otherwise its a no brainer you Ledger fanboys bring it on yourself with all the worship and insane prices for custom heads.

If you dont like the figures hot toys is releasing open your piggy bank and start your own company then you can make whoever you want.this thread is getting rediculas .dont buy it if you dont want it.i myself think 89 batman figures stink i hated that movie and im not getting the figures.everyone has there own opinion on things and you cant please everybody.besides you dont know what goes into picking next charecter to do it could be overstock in certain materials (if they have enogh of joker fabrics left over it could mke cost of mkig new one cheaper and more profits)mybe its the announcement that enterbay is doing one.fact is you will never know why thre doing it and if you dont want it dont buy it

If you dont like the figures hot toys is releasing open your piggy bank and start your own company then you can make whoever you want.this thread is getting rediculas .dont buy it if you dont want it.i myself think 89 batman figures stink i hated that movie and im not getting the figures.everyone has there own opinion on things and you cant please everybody.besides you dont know what goes into picking next charecter to do it could be overstock in certain materials (if they have enogh of joker fabrics left over it could mke cost of mkig new one cheaper and more profits)mybe its the announcement that enterbay is doing one.fact is you will never know why thre doing it and if you dont want it dont buy it

You don't have to say the batman 89 figures "stink I hated the movie." There's plenty of people who are equally excited for those or even more so since we already have TDK Jokers. I don't think the Joker DX 2.0 will be over stock either. It will most likely be a tweaked headsculpt and other similar parts from the first like similar coat, maybe a different collar. Hopefully it won't come with the cop uniform again.

Here's a notion. Try using proper sentence structure, grammar and punctuation when posting so everybody actually takes the time to read what you post instead of just ridiculing you for the lack of it. :wink1:

holy run on sentence batman

Lets just sum up the general complaints:

1. Fans of Hot Toys who feel that there are characters not done yet that deserve a figure more than another Joker
2. Those who dislike the remakes and re-releases, as it takes away from the original being a collectible
3. Those who feel this is triple-dipping and greedy on HT's part.

I would catagorize myself as 1. & 3.

Remaking a character once seems okay as it gives fans the opportunity to get the character without sclaper prices and offers an update on the authenticity, remaking a character for the fourth time is greedy and not needed.

Lets just sum up the general complaints:

1. Fans of Hot Toys who feel that there are characters not done yet that deserve a figure more than another Joker
2. Those who dislike the remakes and re-releases, as it takes away from the original being a collectible
3. Those who feel this is triple-dipping and greedy on HT's part.

I would catagorize myself as 1. & 3.

Remaking a character once seems okay as it gives fans the opportunity to get the character without sclaper prices and offers an update on the authenticity, remaking a character for the fourth time is greedy and not needed.

I would say I'm all three.

I could understand if this was like an anniversary figure, but its not. . . .

Last edited:

Terminator 2 gets no love. :(

I'll only be mad if the extra set is not Nurse Joker.

i'd really enjoy a DX joker with rooted hair w/smirking headsculpt
and as a second costume, a the nurse outfit with proper hair.

i'd really enjoy a DX joker with rooted hair w/smirking headsculpt
and as a second costume, a the nurse outfit with proper hair.

I really don't like rooted hair on figures, I think it makes them look Barbie Doll like but that's just me, I know alot of people will disagree.

Yeah it would look like a barbie doll if they make it that way... but it's already been proven it can look very good.

^^ same here :)
I can't see how it can blow it away though unless it comes with a free Batman. Still think it's way to soon for a reissue though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back