Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

HT needs to start giving figures an endoskeleton, so we don't see any joints, but have all of the posability.

HT needs to start giving figures an endoskeleton, so we don't see any joints, but have all of the posability.

:exactly: So we can have more figures that we have to pose like Frankenstein's Monster or get shredded elbows! :yess:

:exactly: So we can have more figures that we have to pose like Frankenstein's Monster or get shredded elbows! :yess:

Don't forget about giving the bodies a chance to leak and fall apart too. They've been feeling left out :)

My main thing is ball joints on the hands. if HT could just do something like from the forearms down, it'd be fine, but it seems like unless you want ball joints showing, that hinders articulation even more than an endoskeleton's possibility of damage would. IMO.

I don't know how a thread about an all new and improved Joker figure can go on without custom's eventually being brought up:dunno ..i mean that's what this new figure has to go up against, it's perfectly understandable!:dunno
People speak of the possibility of Rooted hair, naturally Bobby's and Zachs sculpt's come up in the discussion ..a laughing sculpt, Adams sculpt is brought up,that reference shot of joker in his costume OBVIOUSLY Kato's joker suit is dragged into the discussion.

Now that's not to say i agree with custom stuff being talked about in official figure threads, When this figure is announced and we know what it's all about then i think the custom talk should be stopped ,the comparing side of it anyway, I try my best not to mention custom stuff in officially licensed figure threads ..and i never post pics ..but since we know next to nothing about this figure i think i'ts fair to discuss customs until we see official spec and pics.

My main thing is ball joints on the hands. if HT could just do something like from the forearms down, it'd be fine, but it seems like unless you want ball joints showing, that hinders articulation even more than an endoskeleton's possibility of damage would. IMO.

Necessary evil. They're action figures. I don't want lame cut joints a third of the way up like EB. They still considerably limit articulation and IMHO, are more of an eyesore than the wrist pegs. Just as much so, I don't want rubber covering a skeleton. In all the time HT's done this, it's never worked out for the better. Those wanting less articulation and not even open minded about the phenomenal Job HT's doing with their muscle bods would be better off collecting statues.

I don't know how a thread about an all new and improved Joker figure can go on without custom's eventually being brought up:dunno ..i mean that's what this new figure has to go up against, it's perfectly understandable!:dunno
People speak of the possibility of Rooted hair, naturally Bobby's and Zachs sculpt's come up in the discussion ..a laughing sculpt, Adams sculpt is brought up,that reference shot of joker in his costume OBVIOUSLY Kato's joker suit is dragged into the discussion.

Now that's not to say i agree with custom stuff being talked about in official figure threads, When this figure is announced and we know what it's all about then i think the custom talk should be stopped ,the comparing side of it anyway, I try my best not to mention custom stuff in officially licensed figure threads ..and i never post pics ..but since we know next to nothing about this figure i think i'ts fair to discuss customs until we see official spec and pics.

The problem comes in when the scrotemonkeys start chest beating about whose is best and then a vicious poopball fight usually ensues with neither changing their opinions and only us regular folk getting hit in the process, developing disdain for any mention of custom works outside of their appropriate threads.

Well, never the less, I hope we someday have Seamless, highly articulated figures without the possibility of rotting or tearing.

why is this thread getting littered with custom sculpts anyway? none of them are very good IMO.

Necessary evil. They're action figures. I don't want lame cut joints a third of the way up like EB. They still considerably limit articulation and IMHO, are more of an eyesore than the wrist pegs.

The problem comes in when the scrotemonkeys start chest beating about whose is best and then a vicious poopball fight usually ensues with neither changing their opinions and only us regular folk getting hit in the process, developing disdain for any mention of custom works.

I'm aware of this i seen this first hand over at the dx01 thread, that threads seems fairly Custom free lately which is good thing. :)

Hot toy are improving on what many regarded as an almost perfect figure probably in ways that custom artist have already done here with custom figures ..at this pre info/pics stage of this figures announcement it's only natural customs will be brought up in the discussion. ..that's all i'm saying:dunno

I want moveable expressions. Like PERS for the whole face.

Rubber faces. Then we have "Why do all of my figures look like a Battle Damaged T-800?" threads coming up.

The more gimmicks you give these figures, the more accident prone they'll become. It's simple logic really. Don't we have enough quality control issues to worry about? PERS, swappable magnet faces, "real hair", rubber bodies and suits only amplify problems.

I'd rather have a solid head and sculpt, then a brittle hollow head full of breakable features like moveable parts and swappable crap.

Give me an old fashioned headsculpt any day.

284857_193508027377862_138228759572456_554336_5933180_n.jpg

Joker 2.0 with rooted hair! I KNEW IT! I called it two days ago!

The more gimmicks you give these figures, the more accident prone they'll become. It's simple logic really. Don't we have enough quality control issues to worry about? PERS, swappable magnet faces, "real hair", rubber bodies and suits only amplify problems.

I'd rather have a solid head and sculpt, then a brittle hollow head full of breakable features like moveable parts and swappable crap.

Give me an old fashioned headsculpt any day.

Thats not how things are done now John Spartan!

demolition_man.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back