Hot Toys new Superman teaser... he's coming guys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From this distance I see a little Tom Cruise in this Face...

Yup, Tom Cruise here too:

2546220441_1766b5711f.jpg

OMG, and here too!

3203274714_4323a2350b.jpg

:cuckoo:

Figure looks awesome.
I'm intrigued at the dark color of the suit, I was hoping for a movie-accurate tone.
As for the likeness, I do think something's a bit off (when the first teaser came out I felt the mouth was too narrow), but I can clearly see CR so this is a definite buy for me.
Is the body just a regular Advanced True Type?

I guess they couldn't get the Reeve likeness, so they went with Cruise instead. Too bad, but then, most of us are just gonna switch it out with the Nic Cage head anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I will buy it as is but i think there is a lot about that needs to be fixed... it's not like the Indy figure... i at least see Reeve in this sculpt but for me, The Eyes, the length of the nose and shape of the mouth make him look like he is not quite who he should be...

I normally don't care enough to do this but here is a quick manip i did of some adjustments:

SupesCompare2.jpg

Anyway, that's that.

M.

yeah it looks better, not sure abou the nose. good job anyway

I will buy it as is but i think there is a lot about that needs to be fixed... it's not like the Indy figure... i at least see Reeve in this sculpt but for me, The Eyes, the length of the nose and shape of the mouth make him look like he is not quite who he should be...

I normally don't care enough to do this but here is a quick manip i did of some adjustments:

SupesCompare2.jpg

Anyway, that's that.

M.

Sorry but now it looks like he has taken drugs

There's another new pic posted on the HT Community page on FB... Looks like the shot of the figure with all the accessories, in this case the figure, stand and hands, though the photo itself is very small.... In other words CK will be a full release.

There's another new pic posted on the HT Community page on FB... Looks like the shot of the figure with all the accessories, in this case the figure, stand and hands, though the photo itself is very small.... In other words CK will be a full release.

morning flosi...........:wave

how many of the tom cruise supermans are you getting?

Maybe theres something with your computer or you havent seen all the pics. The eyes should be a little bigger.

Yup, bigger, nose bridge tappers too much, shape is different, like you said eyes should be bigger, and lip cleft is wrong... eyebrows.. really very little to fix, I still have hopes they will tweak it, in any event I am buying this!

I think his face looks great as does the whole figure!

I think some folks really need their eyes checked!

Now for the official pics!

Morning Barry..... :wave

It just depends I guess.... I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell my 2 in 1 now so if that's the case I might grab 2... How about you?

just the one............but i'm going to bash it into a pete mitchell custom...........:yess:

People are already deeming this as not good enough and want customs?

What the hell? Are we seeing the same picture?

LOOK at that. "The eyes are off", how? I'm a nit picking son of a _____. Despite how impressed I am with some of my figures, there are a few that I think are "off". Notably the T-800 having a squashed look to the face despite being perfect.

This surprised the hell out of me after their Indiana Jones and I love what I'm seeing so far. I really don't see the problem, especially when you consider the low res, grainy, dark shadow pics. Hot Toys figures have a specific look and feel to them and this Christopher Reeve Superman head is no different. Why shouldn't it, it's MADE by Hot Toys.

If you go for that custom head you're not going to have the superior paint apps that this one will have, nor the skin texture, nor the great eyes. Plus, this is the first official 1/6 Reeve Superman, other than the Mattel version. It's basically event. You buy into a custom and this whole figure is in vain.

Not saying customs are bad, but they've been available for years. This thing is really special.

I see people wanting "adjustments" or tweaks, well for the first time with a figure, I want it AS is and we haven't even seen the official spec pics yet.
I agree with you, but the skin texture can be matched easy..trust me... but yeah I like the fact this is an actual product...:hi5:

Yup, bigger, nose bridge tappers too much, shape is different, like you said eyes should be bigger, and lip cleft is wrong... eyebrows.. really very little to fix, I still have hopes they will tweak it, in any event I am buying this!

I agree 100%

Sorry but now it looks like he has taken drugs

Haha yeah that is not a great manip, sorry - but I do see the issues it was trying to address

:goodpost::exactly:

WTF?? Aside from the nose tip, there's no there is not a lot of resemblance at all!

Methinks you may need another monicle there EVILFACE!

The more I look at it, the more I agree that Tom Cruise comes to the fore. A lot of tweaks to be done to get the 'perfect' Chris Reeve likeness (yah, yah, no such thing as perfect, but as close as possible). Fix the eyes, show a little more forehead, lips stretched just a tad, although of all its features, the nose seems perfectly Chris'.The body's just too small, make a bigger body, and more shoulders, they're too droopy... I say again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back