Hot Toys new Superman teaser... he's coming guys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously guys, the more I watch pics and compare them, the less I like the sculpt. I insist HT made a bad decision hiring Kim. Im out.

Theirs is wider at the tip of the nose, it should be wider at the top of the bridge, tip should be more narrow.. not hat much.. like I said they are very close... but I have been looking at Mr. reeve's face for many years and I can tell you it could be better, I am not saying mine is correct at all, but HT is so very close...

i definitely agree with you there. perhaps the skinny bridge of the nose makes the eyes looks worse than they should. it might be what's throwing everything off.

Hot Toy's needs to steal YJ from Enterbay. I think he's the best thing going in the likeness department for any company. He seems to be able to get the tiniest of details on a face that make all the difference in the world.

i don't follow anything about enterbay. who is YJ? what has he sculpted?

don't know about you guys but i feel that the serious face hurts the presence of this figure, i know that his expression is better for different poses, but seeing him like that takes a lot of Chris Reeve charisma.............. still will like to see official pics though

if they are going with just one head for this figure, which it seems so, i would've rather they used a calmer/friendly expression. perhaps a little smile.

i am still in.........still they could have done better though..... is that body a custom one or is standard HT?

Sculpt looks fantastic imo

I am sure it will look even better in the full reveal and spec pics

I really hope the colour of the suit returns back to the first teaser image we got

I actually like the serious expression. The Comedian looks goofy with his grin surrounded by all the other superhero figures. Supes would've looked no different.

seriously guys, the more I watch pics and compare them, the less I like the sculpt. I insist HT made a bad decision hiring Kim. Im out.

1375721_o.gif

Well, HT has done well by Christopher Reeves legacy imo.
A great sculpt by Mr.Kim !
Everything looks superb,(suit, body proportions) no problem ponying up the dough for this figure.
I might put the Reeves sculpt on the "Returns" suit because I kinda like it better.
Sacrilege I know but I likes what I likes.

:cuckoo:

Superman Returns suit was one of the darkest time in Superman history. :slap

Wish I had one of the suits so I could burn the God Damn Thing.

This, the 2 in 1 SR Supes and the eventual Cavill Superman will make an awesome display on my shelves.

Figure looks great to me... with that I'll drop out of the thread until we see the official specs :duff

Hello friends.
To be as objective as possible, here are 2 vis-à-vis for comparison...

COMP01.jpg

COMP02.jpg

We should keep in mind that these publicity photos of Reeve were taken before principal photography started and he was much, much thinner than he eventually became for the film.

Chris Hemsworth looked completely different when he was cast as Thor vs. the filming of the movie.

It's finally a Christopher Reeve 1:6 Superman officially licensed and spectacularly done. The thread will explode into photoshops and knitpicks but I can't wait to order and receive. I will admit it's not perfect but I'm still geeking out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back