Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - Official Specs and Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

Its funny that an accurate Super pred skull comes with this when Berserkers face wasnt done correctly.

the more I think about and more:gah:
It is a pity that it is not accurate as the skull

Its funny that an accurate Super pred skull comes with this when Berserkers face wasnt done correctly.

I think the simple answer as to why Berserker's face wasn't done right was because the sculptor didn't care much for the source material. I think Hot Toys felt their face was better...

DSC01872.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Jotheph Tsang... such a joker :(

:goodpost: although it's not too funny...
I wonder will be this skull at least the size of Berserker's small ass head.

I think the simple answer as to why Berserker's face wasn't done right was because the sculptor didn't care much for the source material...

You even don't have to seek, just remember all his Aliens :lol

^ well til this day I wished they followed the source material instead of doing what they thought looked good. Thats like me drawing a portrait of someone with a big nose and then taking it upon myself to draw it smaller because i thought it looked better. If HT made the face accurate i wouldnt be displaying mine with the mask on.

^ well til this day I wished they followed the source material instead of doing what they thought looked good. Thats like me drawing a portrait of someone with a big nose and then taking it upon myself to draw it smaller because i thought it looked better. If HT made the face accurate i wouldnt be displaying mine with the mask on.

This. It's one thing to take artistic license when there is limited source material but HT had plenty of source material for the Super Preds as shown in Tsang's blog photos. I mean it would be like sculpting Ledger's Joker without the chelsea grin because HT felt he looks better without it lol.

In all honesty I've come to accept and enjoy the small noggins on the Super Preds but I still wish the sculpt had been larger and more accurate.

Most of the time i dont mind their artistic interpretations as long as the fig looks cool and for me this pred does.

Hot toys are leet and maek everyting look betterd.

Ultimately wouldn't it rest on Fox whether to give the green light on what the figure looks like?

HT does the sculpts and Fox gives the OK for the likeness.

Dunno if these have been posted ;

11080103218467e40566094306.jpg

1108010321255f73709d9c022a.jpg

1108010322499fe669c190dca0.jpg

1108010322ab721263faf441dc.jpg

1108010322ccc4a503fe7a2ddb.jpg

11080103210d32efca7ddd544e.jpg

11080103222b72cecb8c2db0dc.jpg

1108010323786f19e2a5f3508d.jpg

11080103223faf9381d191c2fe.jpg

110801032237072f8840226752.jpg

Last edited:

Ew bright orange elbow joint

This looks awesome. love the "hologram" accessories. I hope sideshow get this piece :pray::pray::pray:

VALVOLINER, thanks for linking to those pics! Looks like the laser on this prototype may be held on with tack; that would explain why its sitting so low instead of raised up on a little plastic arm like it ought to be. That head sculpt and paint application is superb; I sure hope they can translate that into the production pieces.

Anyone care to take a guess as to what parts, if any, are recycled from the original Predator release? I think maybe the feet are, and possible the belt buckle, crotchplate and fabric around the waste.

Maybe that it's necessary to remove mandibles and place the helmet like the oxygen mask of gort

Looking at this photo I'm thinking that the masks and mandibles will all be inter-changable on the one head.

this figure gets beter and better release the specs already .

The new head sculpt's not bad, but why aren't they using that semi-transparent tooth-like plastic for the mandible teeth anymore? That was the one thing on P1 that was very well-done.

The new head sculpt's not bad, but why aren't they using that semi-transparent tooth-like plastic for the mandible teeth anymore? That was the one thing on P1 that was very well-done.
Agree with the tooth comment.

As for the Head sculpt.. I think it looks more realistic, but not much like P1...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back