Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Hey, T2 is a great sequel!

I'm just saying that through 1989 none of those four had bad sequels. Then 1990 came with Predator 2 and RoboCop 2. Then T2 which was good and Alien 3 which was an okay sci-fi movie but bad follow-up to ALIENS. Its just amazing to think back that there was a time (1987, 1988, and 1989) when ALL THERE WAS was T1, Alien and ALIENS, RoboCop and Predator from their respective franchises.

That was before the Dark Times...before the 90's.... :lol

Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I'm just saying that through 1989 none of those four had bad sequels. Then 1990 came with Predator 2 and RoboCop 2.
P2 >>> P1
at least, unlike P1, it was about a predator and not about annoying rambos :D

ALIENS, like T2, was good but not as a sequel. Absolutely different from the original - blockbusterized, full of plot holes and very questionable visual decisions. On the other hand PREDATOR_2 and ALIEN_3 were cheap but solid sequels.

Sorry Khev, your logic is flawed :lol

ALIENS, like T2, was good but not as a sequel. Absolutely different from the original - blockbusterized, full of plot holes and very questionable visual decisions. On the other hand PREDATOR_2 and ALIEN_3 were cheap but solid sequels.

Sorry Khev, your logic is flawed :lol

Nope, I specifically stated I was referring to R-rated 80's action/sci-fi. ALIENS relation to ALIEN doesn't matter, it was classic 80's sci-fi action with no subpar follow-up.

Robocop 2 isn't all that bad either in my opinion. Definitely not as good as the first one but I still enjoyed it. The third film is when the series really went to crap in my opinion.

Awesome, then buy me one too!!! :)

hahahaha! well it does depend entirely on the price, but this is worth a fair wack of cash IF it looks like it does here when it's finished. Besides, we probably have the next half a decade to save up.

Man the 80's had some great R-rated action/sci-fi. The Terminator, ALIENS, RoboCop, Predator. Remember up through 1989 when none of those four had bad sequels?
All of those movies had great sequels. It's the sequels that followed those that make me want to puke.

Ok, lets not turn this into a "film vs. film", "original vs. sequel" thread just 6 pages in.

Look at this, LOOK at this!

ROBOCOP.jpg

I haven't been this excited for a Hot Toys release since DX 09 Keaton Batman, DX 08 Joker and Tech Noir Terminator. It's going to be a long wait.

This character is pretty definitive I reckon. There's no need to ever revisit him again in collectible/toy form.

Ok, lets not turn this into a "film vs. film", "original vs. sequel" thread just 6 pages in.

Look at this, LOOK at this!

View attachment 138609

I haven't been this excited for a Hot Toys release since DX 09 Keaton Batman, DX 08 Joker and Tech Noir Terminator. It's going to be a long wait.

This character is pretty definitive I reckon. There's no need to ever revisit him again in collectible/toy form.

Epic! That's going to look amazing on my shelf!

This set is a gem. We're finally getting an officer Murphy figure!

Where's Murphy's snazzy shirt? Will not buy!

murphyshirt.jpg

Where' his square coffee cup? Will not buy!

squarecup.JPG

JK, first day PO for me! I never thought we'd ever get an Alex Friggin' Murphy. SMH. Best $500+ you'll ever spend, at least with your clothes on.

murphyanne.jpg

Role models can be very important to a boy.

murphysmile.jpg

He's got his Cooper Winnwell hockey helmet and the correct guns in each hand. I could cry.... :yess:

murphyshoot.jpg

Technically one of those pistols actually belongs to Officer Lewis. Maybe they're creating a build-a-figure one accessory at a time. :)

10624701_10152354613412344_3972716160903787821_n.jpg

Back