Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Bring on Boddicker [emoji120]

Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

HUGE FAN! Used to own the robo suit!

Of course the bad guys are a first! Just think Lewis would be an extra addition [emoji1] [emoji6]

That would round out my Robo collection just right. Don't think I would need anything past those two.

Adam West Bruce Wayne and Ceasar Romero Joker
Ceasar Romero Joker and Yvonne Craig Batgirl
Yvonne Craig Batgirl and any '66 Catwoman
...where you see where I'm going with this...

I think this is the first Murphy made...that alone calls for it's immediate PO!

Stop, damn you. You're making me cry.

I can't remember all of the places Murphy is shot... but blowing off his hand would be pretty badass. And it kind of looks like he's on a slim, so I think the Luke stump would be an easy custom as I believe he walks around a bit holding his stump before they fully opened up on him.

Timecent is calling your name again :lol

:panic:

Yeah you were right about the mouths on standard Robocop. That's annoying. Shiny scuff marks on the chins now.

Yeah, its annoying alright, I got my replacement set yesterday, they will stay sealed.

I don't need two new Robocop figures but this look so good.

Did not see this coming. Never even thought of a Murphy figure, but definitely would love to have it. I don't need Lewis or the gang. Just the man himself. When is the pre-order already. Usually Sideshow has it up within hours of Hot Toys Facebook announcement.

I don't know. It doesn't seem like the chances are high. I've never seen anyone got the likeliness rights for Nancy Allen or maybe no one really bothered to ask.
Considering Peter Weller's likeliness rights is so expensive that Hot Toys had to release 2 figures of him to cover cost plus NECA have to give up on an unmasked Robocop, I don't think HT would take a risk on a Officer Lewis figure as it wouldn't sell as well as Robocop figure and pay extra for likeliness rights.
If it's financially possible, I though NECA would have released a 7" Officer Lewis by now.

I can't think of a reason for Alex Murphy's hair piece to be removable. Probably it's either because it's still a prototype or it's easier for painting.

$450 seems reasonable guess because the pre-order price in Hong Kong is HKD $2890 for the 2 pack which is close to $386 USD plus shipping and handling fees to oversea market would end up to around the $450 range.

I can't think of a reason for Alex Murphy's hair piece to be removable. Probably it's either because it's still a prototype or it's easier for painting.

Doh. To put the helmet on.

$450 seems reasonable guess because the pre-order price in Hong Kong is HKD $2890 for the 2 pack which is close to $386 USD plus shipping and handling fees to oversea market would end up to around the $450 range.

It's so you can switch to the helmeted look.

I'm still trying to take all this in.

Figure of the year, what ever year it comes out.

Why? it's a completely different headsculpt.... non eye brows and such.

he shouldn't. he loves crappy figures and hates awesome ones. that set is the opposite of his expectations and preferences.

Shut the **** up and go cry about your garbage Frankenstein Terminators, troll. :lol

This set is beautiful.

Why? it's a completely different headsculpt.... non eye brows and such.

Same head from where I'm standing.

Shut the **** up and go cry about your garbage Frankenstein Terminators, troll. :lol

This set is beautiful.

Repped.

Thanks!

Man, we both got our wish with Alex Murphy. Can't believe it. I saw the thread title, clicked on it, and my jaw just dropped. As if Battle Damaged Murphy wasn't great enough, then there's Alex ****ING Murphy! I don't feel bad about not getting ED-209 or the chair version of Robocop at all now. For my display, I'm going to go with the "holy trinity" of Murphy. Alex Murphy to the left, Robocop in the center, and Battle Damaged Murphy to the right. Gonna be a long wait.

This surprise bodes EXTREMELY well for Kyle Reese (two pack?), a two pack of Returns Catwoman w/ damage, Returns Batman with all the proper stuff like Bruce Wayne portrait/glider and maybe . . . Clarence Boddicker?

It's a totally different head. The back of the head needs to have robotic parts, needs the chin piece which needs to be tight around the cheeks that would scratch the face paint or it will look too wide.
You really have to own the old Robocop release to know it's a silly thought. Hard plastic and soft human flesh are different things. Hard to replicate truly.

Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Besides Optimus Prime, this has got to be the next best surprise of the year (to me at least). Unbelievable.

It's like, in a way, HT is somehow going back as to what made them great to begging with. Iconic figures from iconic films, period. Not as in, this movie made a gazillion dollars, therefore we should milk the **** out of it (which they still do, understandably so).

As long as they keep surprising us like this, release all the IM armors and Jokers you want.

Last edited:

This looks amazing. The pic of the BD Robo in the background beside its closeup looks like a screenshot from the movie. All I need now is HT to announce Kyle Reese, new Marines (not out of the realm of possibility, why stop at Ripley), and a Dutch and Jungle Hunter 2.0.

Back