Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Man there's just something so haunting and unsettling seeing the two of them standing next to each other. In the movie you get to watch him go from healthy human, to shot up, to OR table victim, to shiny robot to BD robot. But you don't ever see healthy Alex Murphy next to unmasked BD RoboCop, even in pictures. Just to see the two together without that gradual transformation drives home even more how horrifying his overall story is.

1016543_10152354613862344_9120573776532767611_n.jpg

Nice, I was wondering if he'd be able to hold the Cobra Assault Rifle without having to prop it against something.

1011751_10152354619292344_7420785285687277437_n.jpg

Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Can't decide if I should get this, or 3Zero's disposable training robot from the reboot. Decisions, decisions. . .

This surprise bodes EXTREMELY well for Kyle Reese (two pack?), a two pack of Returns Catwoman w/ damage, Returns Batman with all the proper stuff like Bruce Wayne portrait/glider and maybe . . . Clarence Boddicker?

I initially got excited about that thought but then this was said:

Considering Peter Weller's likeness rights is so expensive that Hot Toys had to release 2 figures of him to cover cost ...... I don't think HT would take a risk on a Officer Lewis figure as it wouldn't sell as well as Robocop figure

Basically the reason we're getting Alex Murphy is so HT can justify the cost of having purchased Peter Weller's hard-to-get likeness rights. They might not have so much eagerness for Michael Biehn who has no ''cyborg'' big ticket look. Reese is just a human.

However, again, he was the very first MMS figure they made. There's always that.

If we're talking 2 packs though - what if it's a choice between 1984 Reese/ 2029 Reese or 1984 Reese/ T1 Sarah Connor

If both sets were released I'd have to buy both of course. But if I have to choose it's gotta be a set with T1 Sarah.

Would it work that way? Buy his likeness rights for one movie and have them for the other aswell?

Are we floored. Are we floored boys.
I'm floored. I nearly collapsed Hahahahaha.
Wow just wow hot toys. Beeee u tea full

Well if it's really the actor who they have to negotiate with over the likeness, then I imagine a contract could be drafted in that way. HT had the rights to do all those characters, just none of the actor likenesses, so I would assume one blanket "Aliens franchise" likeness would still cover everything except the actor's likenesses.

Only thing is I figured it would be a Diecast figure. No big one. This kind of blows my mind with the two pack.

I miss the HT reveal image with all the stuff laid out in front of them!

The more I look at the pics the more I'm considering getting the set instead of just BD Robocop. I really never even considered that HT would actually make Murphy.

The more I look at the pics the more I'm considering getting the set instead of just BD Robocop. I really never even considered that HT would actually make Murphy.

How do you know the BD will be sold as a individual item? Are you speculating?

I just realized that Robo doesn't have the top of his helmet. Would've been nice to have

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Just a great time to be a Robocop fan really.

That's how all of these two packs go. The the way the announcements are sorted out are how they're being sold as.
You have an announcement for BD Robocop and then one for BD Robo and Murphy. That's what they'll be selling, BD Robo and BD Robo + Murphy.

On facebook it shows BD Murphy and in a separate post it reveals the 2 pack. When HT does this it means you can buy it as an individual.

Back