1/6 Hot Toys Romero Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about this being my one and only Joker, such a timeless quality about him, I wouldn't mind having him right along side Ben Afflecks Batman.

There may have been other Jokers on paper before 1966, but Cesar Romero is the definitive real Joker. He brought this character to life for many of us and scared the crap out of us little kids at the same time.

There may have been other Jokers on paper before 1966, but Cesar Romero is the definitive real Joker. He brought this character to life for many of us and scared the crap out of us little kids at the same time.

He was the first person to play the character, and he really influenced all the other live action actors and voice over actors. He's really underrated. Even little things like the way he speaks and his voice goes low and then high is something Hamill and Ledger and other voice over actors copied. Also, Frank Gorshin pretty much created the look of the modern Riddler when he decided he wanted to wear a suit/jacket and a small hat with no mask because he didn't like the spandex costume. They don't get enough credit sometimes.

Yeah, it's possible that someday I might get another Joker, but I think it's more likely that this'll be my only one. Romero's my favorite Joker by a wide margin.

He was the stuff of nightmares! Clowns scared me as a child - and they do a pretty good attempt at it now. :lol

I must've seen the reruns in order because I have a very vivid memory of seeing the Romeroker for the first time playing baseball in prison.

Batman022.jpg

He was at once creepy, yet captivating.

You are correct. That was the first appearance of Joker.

He was the stuff of nightmares! Clowns scared me as a child - and they do a pretty good attempt at it now. :lol

I must've seen the reruns in order because I have a very vivid memory of seeing the Romeroker for the first time playing baseball in prison.

Batman022.jpg

That's a good one. I'm going to use that.

Batman022.jpg

I think that "prison" is on the Fox backlot- is that wall a soundstage exterior wall? Most buildings in that show were on the backlot or else just exteriors of Fox office buildings!

New from Instagram

8a5d8e16968ca5a8427b0d3050e5c15c.jpg

Not sure how I feel about it being called a prototype but hoping it's a translation thing.

Given that other companies have hit this for exclusives along with "Surf's Up Batman" I wouldn't be shocked if we saw it an exclusive for HT somewhere down the line.

They could just add that swimming short + the Surfboard as an exclusive Sideshow item.

New from Instagram

8a5d8e16968ca5a8427b0d3050e5c15c.jpg

Not sure how I feel about it being called a prototype but hoping it's a translation thing.

It is a prototype. Everything is considered a prototype until it goes into production, which this hasn't.

Back